Universal Terra Monsters by Social Titans

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Aug 17, 2013.

1. SocialTitans

SocialTitans Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    The free download let's you play through the first island that sets up the story for the whole game. The full game lets you complete the whole storyline, opens up whole new regions and around 110+ Terra Monsters to catch etc.

[​IMG]

This screenshot probably illustrates it better, the free download area is the small island top left, the big island is the full game.

2. D-Vader

D-Vader Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    Oh ok. Thanks! I'll probably buy it if the first island entertains me enough.

3. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Sounds good! Thanks for giving it a go :)

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    No you don't get it, I'd easily pay more for this game it's not the paying that is off putting, it's the constant reminder that you can buy the extra currency that's annoying (which will not go away even after you buy something)

As I've already stated the game itself is really good it's just the constant reminder to top up on currency that is the only downside IMO.
    I would have easily paid a lot more than the 69p for this game as I'm not one of those this must be a dollar of free type of people. I appreciate the value of a good game and how much they should cost.
    I'd try reading the complaints next time. ;)

5. yippers

yippers Member

Nov 9, 2012
    #25 yippers, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    I admittedly haven't played it yet (hesitant just because of the IAP, based on screenshots). I would much rather see the IAP buttons be replaced by a premium store icon, another layer of non-instrusiveness. I'm not asking that you guys should be like Punch Quest, hiding the IAP so well that no-one can find it, but I resent being visually reminded constantly about money. Like if I buy a candy bar, it's wrapper shouldn't say "give me $7 for more candy". That would be ridiculous and leave a bad taste in my mouth. It could say "20% coupon off, special deal!" or "proudly sold at Target". If I love the candy, I'll happily return to the store and buy more. If buying something made me have fun, then I'll happily return to buy more (see PvZ2). And inside the store, there are more gameplay options instead (like starting the game with a Articuno or Arcanine is something I've always dreamed of in Pokemon), rather than just flat-out cheats.

Finally, I would much, much rather pay $3-5 to unlock the full game if it's promising enough and feels balanced without any paywalls--to support you guys better and to "remove the IAP ads".

6. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Interesting comments zippers! I agree with a lot of your points, it's definitely something we could package differently. We're still finding our way as developers and there is a lot of trial and error on my part as to what works, and what doesn't. It's something we'll have a discussion about and look to address in the next update.

I like your suggestion about starting with a strong Monster, something like that seems more appealing/interesting from a players point of view when it comes to premium - not necessary but pretty cool.

With the 'paywall' the game was always going to cost 99c, but we felt it was better to let the user to play the game and make a decision whether the game was worth the money based on playing the game

7. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Wow I've never seen people complain about something so little.

8. yaboyrasp

Jul 3, 2013
    To make sure I understand this right your saying the game is very fun but the words buy more under your currency is what's bothering you?

9. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Uhmm, no.
    I believe he saying the constant reminder to buy more currency is the same as having ads in a paid app. And, there isn't a usual pay 99c to get rid of it.

Game looks fun, will give it a go.

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yes. That's what's making it feel freemium for me. I know its only a little thing but I can't be the only one put off by it?

11. yaboyrasp

Jul 3, 2013
    And that constant reminder being the words buy more under his currency....not pop ups....not video ads...but 2'tiny words under the currency?

12. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Does it have the dual currency model? I really hate that. If i like it chances are I'll buy the full version but if it has dual currency, nope. Also, if you buy the 99c full version iAP are all of the terra monsters available to find? Or are some IAP only?

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I haven't played long enough to know if you need both but yes there is a coin currency and a gem currency.

14. nailoso

nailoso Member

May 26, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Pretty awesome game, me and my hubby have been looking for a nice pokemon like game to play on our iPhones and this is looking like it will be the one. My hubby play Haypi Monsters but I'm not a huge fan of that game. I don't mind IAP for free games. This game doesn't push the IAP in your face like other games I have played. I see a lot of other people talking about the IAP I guess to each their own.

15. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #35 Avantyr, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    I have seen a few bugs, but nothing major and restarting the apps fixes them. For example getting the fish icon from the shop stuck and keep showing up after closing the shop...

I have a couple of suggestions for the debs:

1) add confirmation messages for escaping a fight and for opening the ranch(since it teleports you back to town)
    2) add a buy bulk option for the shop, with a slider or something
    3) be able to see your party's info without getting sent back to town, maybe from the party menu
    4) an option for faster (2x or 3x) text and animations for the fights
    5) the messages you get when you tap someone seem buggy most of the time, but it may just be the game loading while you can still move around
    6) being able to choose an active quest from the quest menu
    7) some degree of character customization (colors/hairstyles/clothes)
    8) antidotes
    Liking the game thus far, thanks.:)

16. Endemic

Endemic Member

Dec 30, 2011
    An icloud integration would be very nice so I can play with the same gamesaves on both, iphone and ipad. But definetly a very nice "Pokemon Clone" (sry 4 that) for iOS I was looking for so long.

17. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    You can tap on the little icon next to the quest hint, it'll let you cycle through active quests.

18. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    None of the Game Center achievements is working. Anyone having this problem

19. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Question: without paying a single cent how far can I go?

20. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I feel almost forced to voice my opinion on the IAP.

I saw the screen shot monkey uploaded to illustrate the "constant reminder" to see what he was talking about. I looked and thought he must have uploaded the wrong image of the game because I could see anything. After reading further and someone asking more specific questions I went back to that picture and still didn't notice it, so I enlarged it to see "Buy more" under the currency.

This seems a little silly though. And to say you really enjoyed the game but the constant reminder is so intrusive, you had to stop playing and deleted it. That's borderline OCD. I'm not picking on you oooooomonkey, I just think that's a bit much of a reaction.