Universal Terra Monsters by Social Titans

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Aug 17, 2013.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #61 kenken11, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Hi dev, I just evolve my main monster 2 times and I wonder what changes except the appearance? I was thinking i should be getting new skills? No?

2. mobius438

mobius438 Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Evansville, IN
    Great game! I've played several iOS monster fighting/collecting "pokemon clone" games and this is the best of the lot, in my opinion. I've had a few minor bugs that have already been mentioned in this thread, but nothing bothersome enough to make me want to stop playing the game. I look forward to seeing how you address these problems along with our suggestions in updates. :)

That said, I do have one problem that I haven't seen discussed yet. The store screen at the end of the newbie island looks a bit tacked on. It's like walking into Macy's and seeing all their prices spray-painted on a sheet of plywood. It really ruins the immersion of an otherwise outstanding game. Aside from that, it's glitchy as well with an error message superimposed over the descriptive text and the x button from the previous dialog window floating on top.

Screenshot from my iPhone 4S:
    image.jpg

You need to integrate that better with the overall game design. After the cute game art, that screen just doesn't fit at all. Also, why is the master pack unavailable and how much would it cost?

I also don't like in-game justification for the paywall. (Note: I have no problem with the paywall itself, you're a business and you need to make money and your demo is very generous.) The fight with the overpowered "nonexistent" monster feels gimmicky and how the village elder not only doesn't believe you but also banishes you from the island is a bit unrealistic. After the laid back feeling of the game so far, I was expecting something simple and straightforward like a conversation with a boat captain who tells you that you must pay to take the ferry to the mainland.

I haven't paid yet, but I'm probably going to get the adventurer pack, not because I care about the extras, but because $5 feels like a good price point for a game like this to me. :)

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying the introductory part of the game so far, and will definitely pay for the full game when I finish this section.

There is one thing I wish had been added, though: having all of your HP restored for free upon leveling up. That was a really satisfying and useful feature in pokemon, so it's odd to see it omitted here. But yeah, that's basically my only nitpick. Really polished, fun game, and I appreciate the generosity of the demo. Well done, devs!

4. RamazAdelphos

RamazAdelphos Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    THIS GAME IS EFFING AWSOME!! IM A HUGE POKEMON FAN AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY MAKE A GOOD CLONE OF IT. A ACTUALY FREE ROAM ONE JUST LIKE THIS! NOT JUST ANOTHER SIMULATION ONE. LOVE IT SO MUCH AND WILL FOR SURE PAY THE 99 cents to UNLOCK THER OTHER ISLANDS

5. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Actually, pokemon didn't fully heal when leveling up. But I can see where that feature would be a bit more useful here, where you automatically get transported to another location, with some battles being reset. A perk for leveling up would be handy.

6. SocialTitans

SocialTitans Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Thanks for your input on the icons everyone, I think we're going to go with the Pandemite icon!

When a Terra Monster evolves their stats get A LOT better. In the next update the move trees for evolved Terra Monsters will be a lot better.

Thank you for the kind words! I agree with you with the paywall, it probably can be done more graciously. When I read the 'simple straight forward conversation with a boat captain' comment I pretty much palmed faced at myself, haha. The end of the demo is very crucial to the whole story line of the game. What happens at the end of the demo is the characters motivation for the rest of it. And the overpowered Terra Monster is one of the legionaries that you may or may not meet again.. and be able to catch at a later time.

Thank you for considering the adventurer pack, we really rely on players being generous. The glitch on the paywall screen will be fixed with the next update (hopefully we'll send it to apple tomorrow) whats happening is the £20 option is wanting to be connected to the internet while the others aren't.

Glad you're enjoying it! And very happy to hear you'll be buying the full game! :) Having HP restored is something we can implement, I'll chat with my brother about it!

Thank you for the kind words! :) Hopefully this is just the start and we'll be able to make a lot of progress on the game in the next few months/ years/ DECADES... I'm getting ahead of myself..

7. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I know it would be too easy after you healed yourself by resting and not
    being teleported to home but its rly annoying to walk alllllll the way back.
    Pls rethink this and take off this auto-teleport to home. Just do sth else pls.
    My friend told me same about this auto-teleport...he dont like it and it demotivate to play further. And what i dont like it that using Bait to catch monster -.- can you just implement and fuse this Baits into crystals and make them expensiever? It would be more easy for us to play and less to click and
    comfortable at all. Me personally i wont buy this Game until those things got
    changed or performed.
    When i played today i couldnt use any crystal to any monster to capture it.
    I dont know if this is a bug but i only was able to kill em.
    Also i had a weird bug after i used my save slot to continue game i just
    got the first/newbie scenario with tutorial and i was able to choose my first monster and after i finished this lil tutorial i just played further with my saved
    game and i had 2 beginner monsters at same time. Wind and water monster.
    I dont know if this bug would come again and im able to get another beginner monster and just re do this to exploit monster ( wont do that ).
    Now im at end of newbie map and now i dont play anymore/or buy game.
    I hope you developer rethink auto-teleport and fuse baits with crystals cause then i will definitly buy this game and my friends will do too!

8. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    When the full-game purchase prompt says to connect to the Internet, will a 4G connection be sufficient, or is wifi required to download the full game? Just asking since my Internet is currently nonexistent in terms of wifi.

Thanks!

9. mobius438

mobius438 Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Evansville, IN
    I'm not the dev, but I'm pretty sure the full game is included in the initial download (which is under the 50MB cellular limit). The only thing paying does is unlock the rest of the game. I was able to download and later pay for the game on 4G (AT&T) and haven't yet needed to connect to wifi for anything.

10. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

11. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I feel you should probably state somewhere on the app's page that it is a lite version with a $.99 IAP to unlock the full game(or something like that); from the app page I didn't expect a trial version.
    I'm not complaining about the cost or the fact that it isn't free, just saying a heads up would be nice, although you might get more downloads and eventually purchases as it is now, so who cares...
    Good luck and thanks for the game ;)

12. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Anyone else having problems with the Bowden quest to catch those five different monsters? I caught all five of them and the game doesn't seem to register the quest as complete. Rebooting the app didn't fix this, either.

13. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Hey dev, I guess many players did not know that in order to capture monster, the power wheel has to be on. I off the power wheel to play and sometimes when doing quests to capture monster I have to on it again. Can u enable power wheel off to capture monster too? The wheel thing is really annoying. I don't mind getting 80% for offing the wheel.

14. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Yup that should be sufficient enough. There is no download at this point we just need internet to connect to the apple store!

Hmm I thought I had added that to the description. I'll put that in.

Can you just go to your ranch and confirm that you definitely do have - 1 Brak, 1 Peamato (good job catching him by the way), 1 Caleaf, 1 Strutwing and 1 Dozer? If you could take a screenshot of them that'd be good :)

If you do have them all have you tried going back to the old guy? If you click on him does he think the quest is still not complete?

(if you get to the end of this line of quests you're rewarded with all the starter mons)

This is a bug which we'll fix in the next update. We're hoping to send it off to Apple today.

15. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    I checked again just now, and I have a tomatopea, not a peamato. So that's my mistake, sorry. That's what I get for doing this late at night. But since it took me forever to find the tomatopea, I'm hoping the peamato isn't an even rarer variant. Is it found in the same area north of Bowden as all the others? Thanks for the reply!

16. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi dev, as some of the players including me have not catch all the monsters in greenway, and now at the second town, we are not able to travel back to greenway.

Will greenway be unlocked in the future storymode or it will be remain unlocked forever? Do kindly open greenway as some of us would like to have a complete collection of monsters.

17. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    An easy mistake to make :) Try bottom leftish of that little field for Peamato ;)

18. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    #78 Jazzpha, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    Thanks; I'll try that!

Update: went to the corner and it was the first mon I encountered. Much obliged for the tip!

19. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #79 Avantyr, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    A few bugs/ things I've noticed:
    -chib chibs have no "rarity" in the encyclopedia and using an evostone on one gets you the same chib chib
    -the icon for the chopmunk, when you are changing your party members is outside of the frame (for me at least)
    -might beworking as intended, but after you get the scene with the docks on fire, if you walk back to the docks it happens again (before buying the full game at least).

Suggestions:
    -a minimap or something to help find sidequests and navigate the invisible walls in forests
    -an area map, to see more detail than the world map(maybe it can be opened by tapping on the character while on the world map)
    -items on the ground, like little chests or something to encourage exploration
    -showing where to catch monsters in the "encyclopedia", even a rough estimate is better than not knowing where.
    -renaming monsters (if already possible I don't know how)

I like the puns in the names, but I think you should've called narwhalite, narwhalord, makes more sense...
    About the icon you should probably do something like the pokemon games used to do either put a legendary or the final form of your favourite starter. From the ones you put up, I think d and the current icon look better than icon b, but it's just my opinion... :)

If I notice any bugs I'll let you know.
    Thanks

20. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you for reporting these! I've fixed the Chib Chib issues so in the update coming up that'll be fixed!
    I'll look into chopmunk! Yeah right now that's intended that every time you go to the docks you're faced with the Inferram until you buy the game. But maybe we can think of a better way of doing that..

Ha, Narwhalord sounds cool! Keep 'em coming :)