Universal Terra Monsters by Social Titans

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #81 Avantyr, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    I added a couple of suggestions to my last post, if you want to, take a look.

2. SocialTitans

SocialTitans Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Good suggestions! We were unable to put in a mini map in the world view because it would have caused too much lag on old devices. But a more detailed map would definitely be good, I agree. We'll look into doing this.

Items on the ground would also add to gameplay, I agree. With the adding locations on the map I quite like the fact that it's all a bit of a mystery. One of the things I loved about playing Pokemon Red/Blue was being surprised or not knowing what I'd find, that first play through was awesome.

You can rename Terra Monsters but it's not very clear.. When you catch a Terra Monster you can click on its name to rename, or go to ranch, then to the stats icon then touch on the name and you'll be able to edit!

3. Phoennix30

Phoennix30 Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Hello everyone...Quite new in the forum posting but I've always check the toucharacade forums for my ios gaming :)

So on to the game.....

Being quite a huge fan of pokemon games I've always looked to find a quite decent pokemon clone for my iPhone...and I have to say that this one is by far one of the best I've come across!!!

I really like the open world roaming feature and also the questing, both main and side quests! Also I enjoy the fact that you can either use the power wheel for a more strategic play mode or opt out of it for quicker battles.

I still have not reached the point where I have to buy the full game but up to this point I must admit I am really loving the game!

So if I may I would like to suggest a few things for the devs to consider...

1. When the monsters level up I think it would be good to restore their full health. This way when one is trying to level up lower level monsters does not have to return all the time to the ranch.

2. In the monsterpedia I think it would be helpful to be able to see at what level the monster evolves. Up to this point I had to resort to searching the internet to find out.

3. I don't know how much memory it would take up in game but a help guide would be really helpful especially if it contained a chart with the element bonuses and disadvantages.(I know there is a chart on the internet but one shouldn't have to resolve in looking all the time to the net to find information about it in my humble opinion.)

Thank you for hearing me out and bear in mind I only pointed out the suggestions above as a constructive feedback and not as criticism.

Being a games dev myself I know how hard it can be... :0

So keep up the good work and keep the monsters flowing :)))

Cheers guys!!!

4. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    The battle wheel system is horrible. Deleted.

5. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Can i get pls a response to this dev? It would me perhaps not deletinz your app when you can answer to my wishes - no matter if positive or negative.
    THANK YOU :)

6. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    #86 SocialTitans, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    Hi MasterWill, sorry I missed your first post! If you don't want to be transported back to your ranch you can take potions out with you so you can heal on the go? Baits are pretty crucial as to how our catching system works so I don't think we can change that I'm afraid! If you don't want to use a bait you can always get a Mega Crystal!
    With catching Terra Monsters you need to get the wild monsters HP and resistance right down by moves and bait, once they're low enough using the right crystal can also help. For example using an earth crystal for an earth Terra Monster will give you a better chance of catching a Terra Monster! :)

Thanks for pointing out that bug we'll look into fixing that!

If you don't like the power wheel you can turn it off in settings.. Sorry to hear you've deleted it.

Thank you for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying the game :) In the update leveling up will now restore HP of a Terra Monster. I'll have a think about the Terrapedia, I quite like the mystery of not knowing when things are going to happen in a way, but if its something people REALLY want we can do it. A guide would probably be a good thing to include and is something we'll be looking at adding in the future!

We're delighted to get any feedback we can get, keep them coming! :)

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    If that's the worst thing you can think of to say about a game with all the possible *meaningful* categories like graphics, mechanics, pets, stability, etc., that's not a criticism at all, more of a declaration of you *personally* having issues with freemium that have no actual basis in this game. Think I'll give this a download.

8. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    There are only two things that I'd really like to see added after playing for a bit longer, devs.

One is a type chart for weaknesses and strengths, just so I know what's effective against what since it can sometimes determine the outcome of a battle if I use an ineffective move without meaning to.

Also, there's one thing pokemon did that I really liked and Terra Monsters doesn't do (and I double checked to be sure I wasn't misrepresenting pokemon this time):

After you knock out an enemy in a battle in pokemon, two things happen. The game tells you what pokemon the enemy is sending out, and you get a chance to swap out your own pokemon for a different one in your lineup for no penalty if you want to. This is really important for strategy since you can plan ahead, and you also don't have to waste a turn switching monsters if you get surprised by something your current one is weak to, which happens in Terra Monsters.

As an example: if I'm using Pandemite and I knock out an enemy, I have no way of knowing if the next monster will be a water-type. If it is, I have to waste a turn switching out, and the advantage goes to my opponent.

I realize coding that stuff in might be tricky, and if it's not possible I can adapt to this system, but I figured I'd let you all know.

9. Phoennix30

Phoennix30 Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Fair enough but on the other side, to my opinion, it would give incentive to people to try and aim for a specific level when levelling up their terra monsters....

10. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Thanks for giving us ago! Please do let us know how you get on!

Good suggestions, we've had a number of comments asking for a bit of a guide in game so we'll get around to doing this at some point.

And I agree that being able to make a selection based on what the opponent is doing after a faint is a feature we should be adding in the new future. In the mean time here is the type chart.

Fire is strong against Earth and Ice and weak against Water and Air
    Water is strong against Fire and Air and weak against Electric and Earth
    Earth is strong against Electric and Water and weak against Fire and Ice
    Air is strong against Fire and Ice and weak against Electric and Water
    Electric is strong against Water and Air and weak against Earth and Ice
    Ice is strong against Electric and Earth and weak against Fire and Air
    Arcane has no strengths or weaknesses

Yeah I suppose you're right.. I'll have a discussion with my brother and see what he thinks!

11. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    ANy way to use more than 3 monsters? It's hard enough to choose 6 in pokemon, 3 just hurts!

12. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Thank you very much, both for the type chart and the consideration of my feedback. Much appreciated!

13. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This is the same Dev team that made pixel defender, that begun life with a Freemium aspect IAPs etc! It's now $1.99 and contains no IAPs. Lets hope they have the same mind change with this one. #

14. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    This is an unbelievable Pokemon clone

15. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Just a quick question, since you can't trade in this game and before I unlock the full version can all monsters be caught without IAP?

Am a completionist and this will affect whenever I buy it or not :)

And are the achievements going to get fixed?

16. Taxt2180

Taxt2180 Member

Dec 4, 2012
    I can't catch monsters with the power wheel turned off

17. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Yup that's what I found out as well thought it was a big or something until I realized lol :)

Have to turn it on to catch

18. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    The dev said they are fixing this in next update, I am looking forward for the update.

19. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    *)Another thing I've noticed is that when in battle, you can still attack with the item bag open, which is a problem when you try to scroll down and the move wheel pops up because you accidently tapped a button through the bag

*)Quick question, do darkdozer and mechadozer get different attacks on higher levels? cause up to lvl 16 they are exactly the same.

*)A help section ingame would be useful, in particular an explanation on the talent system. I can't tell how many points and in which skills, are required to unlock the next tier, it is either 3 points in a single tree, or 1 point in each skill of the same tier on the same tree. Also how many can you get in total, and how is that related to the monster's lvl.

Also, thanks for the naming thing, hadn't noticed it at the time of my last post

20. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    You can catch all of them except those Robot looking mons in the Terra Monster store. All the starter monsters are rewarded at the end of a quest.

This will be fixed as soon as apple accept the update! :)

Thanks for this report. We'll get to work fixing the inventory issue! Dark Dozer and Mecha Dozers have a boost in stats and are a different type to the Dozer. I somehow overlooked adding in Electric moves but this will be fixed in the update after the one coming next.. :p

You need 3 points in one line on one side to unlock the next layer of that side of the skill tree, if that makes sense.. I think. You get one skill point for every 3 levels so you get 33 in total when your Terra Monster is level 100