Universal Terra Monsters by Social Titans

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Aug 17, 2013.

1. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Ive got a concern lets say i already caught all the monsters and then ill go in my ranch to look for a specific monster do i need to swipe all over it just to get that particular monster

I hope that theres a tab there that classifies them on their element type so it would be much easier for me to go into that particular monster im looking for

2. SocialTitans

SocialTitans Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    If you touch the Monster rotate icon at the bottom, then find the Monster you want then drag it to the bottom interface it'll appear in ranch! :)

3. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks or the response.
    What the guy above meant was whether there would be a way to filter the ranch so as to not have to look through the 100+ monsters one by one.

4. rowdy_no

rowdy_no Member

May 27, 2013
    First of all: great game and the best Pokemon-clone I've seen by far. It also proves that it IS possible to put out a completed Pokemon-clone that doesn't make its players wait for completition forever - I'm looking at you, ZENFORMS...
    Anyways I'd also like to adress some bugs:

- at some point in the game, when you have a
    monster resting at your ranch it makes the wheel lag, which makes it almost uncontrolable (I like the wheel mechanic, by the way)
    -the elemental system and the overview you gave us seems useless or needs more explaining because I do not get how for example a scratch attack by that fire charmeleon becomes effective against my vextail (also fire)

Still, it's a real good game without intrusive IAP and I think that you really have a chance
    at success with it, especially once you've taken care of the bugs.

5. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Ah okay, we'll be able to implement a view by element I think!

Thank you for the kind words! The resting wheel lag will be fixed in the next update! Thanks for bringing that to our attention! We're going to be looking into the elemental table and see why 'normal' moves are effective against certain elements.

Thanks again, we'll keep working on it! :)

6. cheehoG

cheehoG Member

Jul 12, 2013
    having a good time playing it so far. one question though from one of the quest, looking to capture a few monsters, ill follow the gold arrow but i cant seem to get to the place because it'll be end of the map or somethinf.is it only me or is there a way?.

7. Avantyr

Sep 14, 2012
    #107 Avantyr, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    The arrow isnt meant to point anywhere I guess, since the quest intro talks about how the old guy need to know where you can find these monsters.They can be found north of bowden, for peamato look some pages back.
    -> for that quest, if you have already caught one of them before acceptinf the quest, you have to catch them again while doing the quest, for it to register.

For deb,
    Last suggestion:
    -being able to see the element and or description of an attack from inside a fight. This can be done by adding an icon with the element to the attack button, or even at the center of the wheel.
    -make it so that monsters removed from the party automatically rest.
    -I got a status heal potion from a monster, maybe you should add them to the shop

Just wanted to say how great and useful the uncaught monster popup at the start of a fight is.
    Thanks

8. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Yeah the Monster Shop arrow isn't meant to be there at all, the update that will be fixed. Sorry about that!

Nope if you've already caught the Terra Monster you won't need to catch it again to complete the mission. Automatic resting seems like a convenient feature for Terra Monsters that are not in the top 3, I've noted that down.

I like the element symbol on attack suggestion that makes a lot of sense. Will get that in. We'll get status heal in the shop! I'm currently writing up a Terra Monster guide that you'll be able to access from the main menu.

Thank you for the suggestions, please keep them coming!

9. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    #109 araziza, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    I caught snozo and want to train it up, but I can't. It's like only having 2 monsters on your team. All attacks are a 1 hit KO against it. It's crazy how useless it its.
    Also, the big difference I'm seeing between Pokemon and this is that so far the money from winning battles doesn't scale so much in this game ( I'm usually low in currency)

10. Avantyr

Sep 14, 2012
    #110 Avantyr, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Maybe its a bug, but in my case, I had to recapture all the ones i had captured before taking the quest and evolved...
    Tested it again with the second monster store quest, if you evolve a capture monster you have to capture another for the quest to be completed.

Just finished the worst fight ever, I was fighting the colloseum champion's fouligator i got confused and hurt myself 15 times in a row, so im guessing the effects of the confusion kept stacking up to the point I couldn't hurt him. Then I missed 10/13 attacks, so there probably is something weird going on with the status effects, at least when mud-sling is used on me..

11. Avantyr

Sep 14, 2012
    You can always try using the exp share, fighting weaker oponents or starting with it and then switching to another, until it gets stronger. Maybe the arcane element is a bit too weak, don't know.

12. araziza

Dec 16, 2009
    Exp share?

13. Avantyr

Sep 14, 2012
    #113 Avantyr, Aug 20, 2013
    The blue potion, it costs crystals/gems, so you might try the other methods to level it up. But, again it could just be that the arcane type is weak right now...
    I one hit killed a lvl 26, so they do really seem weak, my dozer was lvl 20 or 22 then.

14. araziza

Dec 16, 2009
    Having a lot of trouble finding coralpie and tortipus. Anyone have any luck?

15. Avantyr

Sep 14, 2012
    #115 Avantyr, Aug 21, 2013
    For Tortipus look at the botom left of the beach, on the inner side of the tree/rock wall, for Coralpie you need to be able to leave the town towards the south then search the top left corner of that area.

16. SocialTitans

Jul 25, 2013
    Ah okay, yeah I suppose if your Terra Monsters have a evolved the game will want you to re-catch the 1st form. Wow that sounds brutal. I'll look into confusion, seems like you got REALLY unlucky.

Yeah, Snozo is pretty weak, so is Snowyrm (but the reward for persevering with Snowyrm is pretty good!) The thing with weak Terra Monsters is if you train them they will become as good as others but it'll just take more effort to get there. In the ranch view if you go to stats you'll see a column for trained values. If you beat a Terra Monster with better stats than yours you'll get bonus stats in that column.

Interesting comment about the money situation! What are you mostly spending your Terra Coins on? I did make a conscious decision to scale back the Terra Coin rewards in battle as I didn't want players to be able to get loads and loads of potions which would make Tournament battles too easy. If it's too brutal it's definitely something I can balance.

This is a question for anyone that's downloaded... How far have you got into the game? How many hours would you estimate you've played?

17. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Maybe 30 mins until you get into end of newbie map. I already said i wont buy
    this Game cause this teleport-thing is annoying and how can i buy potions when i only get low money? I die like 3 times to have that amount of money to buy 1 Potion. Really demotivation for me. And there are lots of Bugs...
    Ill wait next or next 2 updates and then ill decide to buy or not.
    I cant buy a mega crystal - pls do sth with baits - i rly dont like them.

18. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    About the teleporting issue, I don't really like it too. As in why can't we rest at the same spot? Make no sense to get rested in town and walk again. I understand the timer for resting but to make us walk again is mysterious.

For money, I have just enough as I know what I want to buy and what to spend. Farm a little and you will have enough.

The animation is a little slow, can we have a button to speed up the fighting portion.

I would like to know, how many levels to gain to see a new skill?

I do agree the wheel bug need to be addressed fast cause I like to off it and catch the monsters and also I would like to return to the newbie town to recapture those monster I missed out.

Played 3hrs, monster lvl 30average. 3rd town.

19. Demon Haze

Demon Haze Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I really enjoy playing this game so far! Unfortunately, I seem to have gotten stuck after reaching Kingsbridge and saving a girl (forgot her name) from the Carta. I can't find the next main quest so the plot doesn't continue for me and I can't advance to the next town. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

20. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I've never played Pokemon. Am playing this and although I think I'm enjoying it (not deleted it yet anyway) I have precisely zero idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Am I trying to pick 3 monsters and evolve the hell out of them, spend all money on crystals and have a ranch full of low lvls, the element thing works how...? This game needs a glossary more than a better tutorial, which it also needs. Still, kind of enjoying it so I'll crack on and see how I go.