Terra Noctis: Free Dreaming - Free2Play Platformer Action! [Everplay]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everplay, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    All sounds good to me. I love it how people overreact to a game they spent 2 bucks on.

2. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The plot Thickens :)
    I do like a good Challenge though, I hope red faeries won't be TOO HARD to come by.
    Make it more like Bullet time HD and less, OH... MUCH LESS like Urban Chaos and it's a WIN!

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, I think the point if this is to increase sales. The free game will be quite hard leading to one of 2 things: 1. You buy IAP 2. You buy the paid game

I've actually been requesting a model like this! TBH, this is much more tame then some of my suggestions for other games.

4. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    By all means, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this model. :)

5. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Ah, I didn't realize that Everplay was also part of the original paid version. I get it now.

Well, I'll stand by part of my first post...
    :eek:

Anyway, I hope many more people will jump on board the TN wagon. :) Thanks for your patience and gracious responses. Best of luck to you!

6. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Urban Chaos? Or did you mean Urban Crime? Either way, its pretty well-balanced and non-intrusive.

7. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    #47 Everplay, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    Woot! Here is a picture of some epic hats. Play as a dapper yet devilishly good looking nightmare or become the adventurer that you've always wanted to be!

[​IMG]

8. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    interesting concept.

hope it works out successful for you guys, since the original game didn't do so well.

9. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Not worried...If it isn't, our families will starve and the banks will take our homes, but no biggie.

10. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Well, I hope for this remake that the buttons get a little looked at.
    Sometimes, I find them not very responsive.

As in I have to jab the jump action a couple of times before he actually does it.
    A little dangerous when you are approaching a cliff side and you expect your character to jump as commanded.

11. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    We will definitely look at that. We are revamping our game engine and its already so much better. You'll see in the near future.

12. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    For those who were concerned about the ending, there will be one. The game isn't finished yet so we never finished the story, but I'll post a picture of the last world here shortly.

13. beelzebub23

Oct 25, 2011
    I agree.
    Sometimes apps seem to easy, I wish there would be a HARD mode for some which will be free but adds a bit of Oomph! to the game for the more avid players.
    I too would love to hear of your masochistic ideas for future apps :)

Oooops... My bad.
    You are correct sir. I meant Urban Crime (Chaos Is an older Eidos game for the PC and PS1), it simply sucks and keeps asking you for REAL money to get in a freakin car and shoot 1 round of bullets :(

I trust your judgment and will defiantly get this version and recommend it to my friends, any ETA you care to share? :)

14. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Terra Noctis has Nightmare mode which will be the toughest of them all.

About the release date - It is coming February 2nd. :) Just a few more days!

15. beelzebub23

Oct 25, 2011
    *writes in reminders*
    :D

16. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Just 2 more days!

Actually, you can download it tomorrow night, depending on where you live.

17. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #57 GoofyJmaster., Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    Well, when Star marine came out I suggested that they make free/mium version and ruin it with everything from ridiculous IAP to big ol' banners during gameplay. Heck, why not even throw in a ton of graphical glitches and say these go away in the paid version? Pretty much just Gameloft-afy the free game.

Give them solace in a well worth it and paid game.

It was mostly outlandish and out of frustration. I doubt that setup would increase conversion rates at all.

Back on topic:

I hope this set up that you guys are using works. If so, I hope that you guys will use it to help out Jazz: Trump's Journey.

18. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    So is it safe for me to assume that the F2P version and the paid version will have the same content, except the F2P will take more grinding?

19. daigamer

daigamer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Your exactly right on point. I think this game didnt do as well as it should have, so they are doing this to add extra exposure.

20. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    I'm not sure that "grinding" is the right word, but it definitely takes more precision and exhaustive exploration.

If you are a casual player and just run through, then yes, you'd need to grind on some levels to afford anything.