Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. jmasin

jmasin Active Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Architect
    #1121 jmasin, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    I have two questions:

-first, any advice for defeating the wall of flesh? It seems very hard to me, I use Flamarang, rocket boots and the whole obsidian-hellstone set. It kills me so fast that I think I'm doing something wrong.

-second. I play on iPad mini, but I'd like to enjoy it also in my 5S. My biggest issue is the lack of zoom out. Some of you said you were playing on an iPod or iPhone, is it really "playable"? Don't you feel lost? Specially when you start to move wider, as when you get the rocket boots and you
    don't know where are you going to land.

Edit: By the way, I love boomerangs, I think they are the best weapon in the game once you learn to aim #. I'd like to know if you disagree.

2. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Odd, can no longer flip the screen...

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    There are a lot of videos and tutorials showing how to beat it. I recommend you to watch/read some of them and choose the one closer to your way to play or use them to make your own strategy.

4. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Can't get multiplayer to work

5. joeltheiosgamer

joeltheiosgamer Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Im playing on the steelseries streatus and i cant switch between items in my hot bar or navigate the stuff in my iventory. just curious if anyone else is have this problem and if there are any solutions. thanks for any help :)

6. Professionalbum

Professionalbum Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Professional bum
    The Prison Planet
    Just bought this via a steam sale for 1.99-my question is this: are the updates just about the same as the pc version(I still haven't bought it for iOS yet)?

7. BluzCrow

BluzCrow Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I've tried destroying demon altar with the Pwnhammer, when I try destroy it my health goes down and I can't destroy it, does anyone else have this issue?

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I believe the PC version has more content than the ios version, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

9. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I noticed some stuff disappeared from the iOS.

10. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    You can't destroy a demon altar until you destroy the Wall Of Flesh in whatever world you're in.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Would totally get this if there was online multiplayer

12. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Build a loooooong platform in the underworld and use something that can shoot at range, and even hit offscreen like a gun or laser rifle. Aim for the eye and mouth. One easy mode strategy is to drop spikey balls as you run away (the goblin army drops them).

13. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #1133 Ubisububi, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    There are 3 different code bases (PC, Console, Mobile). Some of the items overlap and some don't. It's my only real complaint about the game.

Edit: I have one other complaint... The mobs should respawn much more aggressively. Once you've killed everything, it's hard to farm the materials you need to progress.

14. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    When I try to join a game with my son it just hangs halfway through the loading screen. Anyone else have this problem?

15. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Are you both playing the same version? Sounds silly but I had same problem but daughter hadn't updated her game, fixed once she did.

But sometimes yes it just hangs for no apparent reason and I read that since the latest update a lot of people had probs with multiplayer. Most of the time I can't join from ios to ios yet ios to android works flawlessly.

16. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah we are both updated but using different generation iPads. We never had an issue until the last update. I wasn't aware you can join an iOS to android, we will have to try that.

17. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Do you guys know the best Accessories now that the hard mode is on?

18. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I tried last night and multiplayer isn't working for me either. Probably best to email support and hope they fix it.

Yeah, ios to android is good, when my daughters friend sleeps over, she brings her nexus and they come to my world and loot my chests lol. You can also play ios to android on minecraft as long as both are connected to same wifi network.

19. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Wings for sure. Enchant them to "warding."

20. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Done it, Thanks

Do you think accessories from mimic are worth equipping?