The Amazing Spider-Man - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Plus, if you look closely, spidey has realtime shadow effects. (not the thugs, though)

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #82 Rip73, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    Yep, played Max Payne originally on pc, but this site isn't centred on pc/console games. 9mm was good enough for a game on a mobile phone for gods sake. My pc don't fit in my pocket.
    And i said that the story was crap and the language was excessive.
    Mobile version of Max Payne had to be deleted because the controls are crap.

Back on topic, if spidey graphics on the final build are in the MC3 ball park, for an open world game on something I carry around in my pocket, that will be good enough.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Doubt anything like mc3. It's an open world. I'll be happy if it runs ok.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Honestly, I don't know how gameloft is going to pull off the whole open world/fighting/flying around the city. Gonna need some impressive controls. Hopefully they deliver. Typically their controls are spot in, the non-fully customizable ones in nova 3 the exception.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Iron Man 2 sucked but the controls worked pretty well, and in one level it was open world, had you flying around and fighting and such. I'm sure this game will have better controls than that.

6. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    #86 handintoaster, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    Lolavi, the graphics look worse because it's a open world game instead of linear in mc3 and Nova 3. This is actually pretty impressive looking back at spiderman 2 on the ps2.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah I know it's definitely a great achievement for an open-world game, but i don't think I said anywhere they look 'bad' just worse than when I first watched the video. And besides, I think those graphics will become even better towards te launch. :)

And rip, gotta agree with you. Again. Your posts are always great to read!

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Spiderman 2 was great.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thank you.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You did actually make a post praising Unreal Engine and then told people to just look at RR2 to see what you meant when you were praising the assets of Unreal Engine which caused a bit of confusion as to what point you were trying to make as RR2 isn't Unreal Engine (despite being an unreal/brilliant game).
    I see your point now, but just in relation to certain in house engines developed for ios being excellent though.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Give me a youtube link of a video showing gameplay of a ps2 game graphically superior to nova 3.Max Payne 1 could barely run on the ps2, with low framerate and in level loading, yet you tell me nova 3 looks worse than a ps2 game?? Prove it. And no, the physics aren't shoddy for nova, they're actually quite good. Have you ever played the game?

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #93 Rip73, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    Totally get your point and agree with you that Gameloft did seem to lose their way.
    But, NOVA 3 is a good game whatever way you look at it. Plus it's still mobile so my expectations are in no way centred on making what is an unfair comparison of mobile to consoles. Consoles will always be light years ahead of mobile.
    But, my faith has recently being restored by NOVA 3, the imminent launch of Asphalt 7 (a series I have owned from Asphalt original), Spiderman beta shots that we have seen so far (and it is a beta/pre release build we are looking at) and the fact that the Unreal Engine game they are working on, that was supposed to be launched in Q2 this year, has been delayed because it needs more work, a nice contrast to their recent launch and forget em attitude with freemium. Plus none of the new games that I will get, or want to get, are freemium.
    So while I agree with you and share your lack of faith in Gameloft to some degree, I am adopting a cautiously optimistic view at the moment.
    Plus, damn it all, I still end up buying a lot of their games. I just avoid the freemium models like the plague.

13. mobilegame08

mobilegame08 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    CONFIRMED NOT FREEPREMIUM !!!!

[​IMG]

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Plus how the hell did I miss Black first time around?

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Plus someone got their achievement trophies in it?
    The bloody last one kept giving the achievements in the game over and over but never recording them on live, which kinda drove me mad when back in the day when I wanted to fill up the achievements.
    Redownloaded the last one over the weekend to try it out again and brush up on the combos and damn it, it still is one of the best games ever on iOS. Story, voice, combat, controls, graphics, the lot is still top notch. Huge fun. Loved slinging out a web and dragging a thug right into spideys foot.
    Hence the high hopes for this one.

16. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Haha sounds like a neat idea but it's too bad they confirmed that Gangstar 3 would be the last of the serious. Of course they're probably gonna keep making open world crime games, but they won't be under the gangstar name.

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Whoa really? That was the last Gangstar game?

18. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Spiderman -Mayhem was increadibly polished...and one of the first titles that convinced me iOS gaming was a force to be reckoned with. The ingame voice narration, combats and great visual art were top notch.

But then you have games like Iron Man, which Gameloft produced and proves things can go awfully wrong.Therefore I am hoping they bring it again with Amazing Spiderman.

I'm looking at the screen shots and thinking, GTA III mixed with Spiderman Mayhem...and thats a good thing.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And when did they do this?