The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #501 Nullzone, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    I actually like my Dell laptop's flat keys with really soft-going scissor switches. Good for my hands, because I need almost no force to press them, and still get tactile feedback.
    I have a few other keyboards collected over the years, even one with mechanical switches.
    And I tried one of the notorious IBM mechanical keyboards ("TACK, CLACK!" sound, really noisy) at work. Absolutely horrible, my hands hurt after just a few minutes.

I am seriously considering this keyboard: https://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/index.php
    My first choice was Cherry Red switches, for the little force they require. The site lists here
    https://www.trulyergonomic.com/store/mechanical-keyswitches--cherry-mx-brown-red-blue-black-clear--truly-ergonomic-mechanical-keyboard
    that the Brown require the same force and provide tactile feedback. So I'll most likely try those.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    On an unrelated note:
    I just finished reading Larry Niven's "The Draco Tavern".
    Great read, I highly recommend it. He did a great job conveying some truly alien viewpoints, very good SF.

3. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    woah no replies in a longggggggg time :eek:

4. Arrow0x

Arrow0x Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
  5. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    So... anyone play Clash of Clans?

6. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I've heard that name bouncing around a few times, but I'm under the impression that it's one of those "come back every __ hours to do things" games? Been avoiding those like the plague since they seriously mess up my sleep cycle.

Though that being said...why am I typing this at 4:18am...

7. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    It is a come back every _hours game, but I know I, and probably most of the other Clashers, don't lose sleep over it (at least not too often). It doesn't require you to do that to have fun playing the game thankfully. It is freemium, which I know is a big no-no for many, but it's well balanced and you're not just sitting around staring at timers all the time, you always have something to do (raiding usually). It also has loads of strategy if that's your cup of tea.

8. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Heh, "freemium" -- when most of us here are ex-SW players >_>

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ya'll know, EDF on consoles is really the same game. Tis a fun series.

10. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah I have been playing clash of clans for a while. I'd say its pretty enjoyable. You don't necessarily have to lo in at a specific amount of time or else something negative will happen.

11. Arrow0x

Jun 27, 2012
    Super Hexagon.

Just thought I'd mention this.

Not really gaming recently. Only games I would ever play on iPad now is this and Impossible Road. (And Cytus?)

Quit 2048 as soon as I realized what a waste of time it would be to get to 4096 (got to 2048 though)

12. Arrow0x

Jun 27, 2012
    ...Did I mention it? Who knows.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hey, somebody else is still alive here :)
    Currently playing Avadon 2, and really enjoying it.
    Then I have Baldur's Gate 1&2 lined up; got BG2 during last sale.
    Missed StarWars:KOTOR sale by a day or so, but then my backlog is large enough already ;)

Not to mention that I still have a huge load of unfinished gamebooks, 2 betatests coming up this year (Tactics Maiden in June, Diesel Tactics I don't know yet), want to complete KoDP at some point, etc.

And less time to play than ever, what with our kid getting more crazy active every day...

Don't get why folks like 2048 or Super Hexagon, but to each his own :)

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Whoops, Battleheart Legacy will be out tomorrow ... looks like I finished Avadon2 just in time :)

15. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Ive always thought clash of clans was a game where you raid the players with the easiest looking bases, therefore ive never started to play the game because i thought i would just get raided first day.:p

16. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    Battleheart Legacy does look sweet, I'm gonna have to grab that once I have an iTunes card.

While high level players can attack lower levels in clash of clans, they would gain practically no loot, so you shouldn't have to worry about that (much).

17. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    Lava you know CS:GO? i really want it :/

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Been playing BHL since release, absolutely rocks. Great game, very well done and polished; and fun ;)

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Been a LONG time since I've dropped in here, huh?

Stumbled across a Youtube video discussing the F2P business model a moment ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhz9OXy86a0

Since we've got a larger group of intellectuals in here, thought it might be interesting to hear some of your thoughts if you've got any :D

Me personally? I've never even thought that the "ideal" F2P system that they've proposed could exist -- I only really seem to run into one of the first two types, or ones where you can get away with not paying -- by spending verrrrry long amounts of time grinding...

20. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The video is very true. There are games on PC like league of legends that do f2p right. You can pay for skins but they don't provide any edge over others. As for iOS, there aren't many games if any that do f2p right, but we'll see in the future. Hopefully it will go in that direction when mobile gaming is bigger.

Parcheesy, if you are still going to get cs go, be prepared to get wrecked over and over and over. I have Cs source and Cs has a veerry high skill floor.