The Antwar Saloon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sheinfell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Just in case anyone is interested, I am finally back to playing Horn, and planning to finish it this time.
    If you did not try it yet, give it a shot. Especially with the free Lite version out.
    Even my girlfriend, who is not into games at all but has an artsy streak, really liked the visual style with the fantastic landscapes. Those, and the Titans visible in various environments, create a very nice atmosphere.

After that, I still have Baldurs's Gate, Lily, Cthulhu Uber Alles (just had to get that one right away. It has Cthulhu, any more questions? Fhtagn!) , and a huge chunk of Gamebooks to go through.

2. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I'll look into Horn, it looks pretty cool...although right now I'm addicted to Heroes and Castles, so no other games are getting much of my attention:D
    Oh yeah, did I mention Heroes and Castles is an awesome td/action rpg that you guys should get?:D:)

3. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    I have an ipad mini just so you guys know:D

I feel sad because I want to recommend a game but they are basically all fps or Third Person Shooter and I heard that undead is not so good with fps games...... so im all out of ideas:(

Oh and how do guys like temple run 2?
    I love it:D

4. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Cool. Wish I could upgrade...Name them anyways. I like it but I'm not exactly good.
    Would you buy a new iDevice 4 months before the newer one?

5. I had horn on, but then got a Gameloft duo gamer joystick, so had to load on Asphalt 7, Nova 3, and Wild Blood, so Horn was saved for a rainy day file. Too many good games nowadays. The fun is endless.

6. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    I heard Wild Blood has pvp, is it any good?

7. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #107 undead.exe, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Chuck 'em this way regardless. Fact of the matter is that I'll most likely never be good with first-person shooters -- but that's only when it comes to direct PvP. Against computers, I can usually work something out, and I'll probably check out any suggestions regardless if I've got some time on my hands.

I'm a little put off most 3D infinite runners for now, going back to my puzzle-based gaming roots. More than anything, I seem to be at my happiest in games where there's stuff to explore or "exploit" (or rather, I'm extremely fond of working out game mechanics and pushing the limits what you can do and where you can explore).

----

To chuck a recommendation for a game I just recently finished: look up "Polara". Automatic side-scrolling platform jumper crossed with a colour puzzle (tapping the screen changes your character's colour, which you'll need to do to evade obstacles). I found some of the later levels maddeningly difficult, but it's not bad for a short ride if you like games with a little story woven in. Not recommended if you're looking for something with guaranteed replay value.

8. Never tried it, if it is s gamecenter or gameloft multiplayer thing, I will try it tomorrow with my joystick and see if the joystick helps.

9. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    ummm... idk i guess i would wait for the newer one;)

10. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    From looking at some games I saw 2 okay multiplayer ones:

Doodle army 2 online: Doesnt look that bad but I think there's no way of organizing a game with your friends.

Heroes of Order and Chaos (as legendary slayer suggested): Looks pretty good but is it like pvp or pve and it there a way we can organize a match or something? I didnt really read about the games:eek:

11. Legendary_Slayer

Nov 11, 2012
    There are in-game guilds, so I assume you can organize matches.
    It's a pvp game, but you can choose to play computer controlled players.

12. I bought heroes of order and chaos, haven't loaded it yet, is it something I should be playing before my other games? How good is it?

13. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    dont ask me;):cool:

14. I thought you were the guru around here. ;)

15. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    It's okay if you don't mind 30-60 minute games. I have stopped playing it because it takes too long to finish 1 match.

16. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Ah. That would be my problem then -.-

Can't really get into long games if they aren't split into roughly 15-20 minute skirmishes or have a larger goal.

17. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    How about the upcoming gameloft team fortress clone-blitz brigade? It's pretty heavy in IAP but who knows...

18. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    ???:confused:

Team fortress? you mean like the computer fps game?:confused:

19. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Yeah. Gameloft's take on team fortress.

20. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member