The Apeiron Project - Psychological Horror Adventure Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Footprint, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Footprint

Footprint Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    And after weeks of WIP models, details and beta screenshot . . . we finally textured “The Ghost” and “The Rabbit” (click to see full size pic).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note that there will be other monsters in the game and they won't be always friendly . . .
    Look at this guy . . . I don't think that he will be kind with Steven . . .

[​IMG]

2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    hope this will be out in next 2 weeks...

3. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Don't think it will be out in next two weeks:

4. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    i know but i hope....:rolleyes:

5. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Any news on this? Will it come out this month?

6. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    Hi,
    It's been such a long time since our last update. We're working really hard on The Apeiron Project we made a lot of improvement.
    We decided to buy a UnityPro license to develop the PC version and now things looks completely different, we completely redesigned the environments and the gameplay. The worlds are now three but bigger and with various gameplay, we also “create” something which could be considered as an Otherworld, a surrealistic place which will change every time that Steven wake up inside of it.
    We also add a lot of cool easter eggs.
    We opened a Greenlight campaign (LINK) and we're going to open an IndieGoGo campaign (we will offer mobile and PC copies and a lot of cool stuff) to allow us to find fund to add cool features (take a look to this open letter on Steam Greenlight*) and to buy UnityiOSPro.
    Mobile version will be divided in three chapters (a single chapter will be too, too heavy) but the final price won't be high (you will never see 5$ for a single chapter).
    Due to all of this improvements the release date is now TBD (but the game will be released FOR SURE this year).
    We're also working with a comics illustrator because...we will release a prequel comics!

*We'll post another announcement on Greenlight: “What will happen to The Apeiron Project: Mobile?”.

7. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    thats great news:D

8. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    And a new screenshot!
    [​IMG]

9. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    looks awesome!

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    *SQUEEEEE!*:eek::D

11. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
  12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Apieron was beleived to be the source element in one greek philosophers ideas and an alternative to the other monist ideas. Is this why you choose the title? Or was it just cool sounding to you?

13. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    We choose the name Apeiron due to Anaximander's ideas ;)
    There's always a reason.

14. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Any ideas when it might be released yet? Or are you still just aiming for sometime this year? It looks really good and I hope it does well :)

15. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    We will show the game (and a couple of other game we're working on) at the Lucca Comics&Games 2013 so we hope to have the game ready for October/November. The mobile version will be released with a month of delay because we will have to tweak script and models and will be divided into three chapters to allow us to keep almost the same quality of the standalone version.
    But everything depends on how much we manage to raise with our IndieGoGo campaign :D

16. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    Since we started our SteamGreenlight campaign a lot of people asked about "The Rabbit":
    Where did he comes from?
    What's his name?
    And a lot of other people telling "he looks like Donnie Darko's rabbit"

[​IMG]

It's time to (don't)answer your question!
    - I can't really tell you where did The Rabbit comes from because is an important part of the plot but I can tell you that is not important WHERE did he comes from but WHY...

- Steven used to call him "Rabby" when he was a child. Steven is now used to call him "The Rabbit", he don't know his real name, he tried to ask him but he answered "I don't have a name, I don't need it..." the dialogue continue but you will read it in the game.

- It's now time to explain what inspired the design of "The Rabbit". Let me say that we have NEVER seen Donnie Darko. I'm an huge fan of Jan Svankmajer and Lewis Caroll. What inspired us is Jan Svankmajer's rabbit in "Alice" (which is one of my favorite movies).
    Svankmajer's movies inspired us, together with Murakami's book and Chiaki J. Konaka's anime*, in writing The Apeiron Project plot.

* take a look at Texhnolyze, which is one of my favorite anime.

PS: Remember to take a look at our IndieGoGo campaign ;)
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-apeiron-project/x/187679

17. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    #58 Footprint, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    As you may know we started working on the second level around a couple of weeks ago.
    We now have an alpha terrain, it's been hard to design it because I'm not really in confidence with terrains (I hate them!!) and I will probably redesign it a couple of times, but we're talking about of a n alpha terrain so....who cares!!
    After that I started working on the city, I redesigned it three times, I had never worked on such an huge environment so it's been pretty hard but now I have something to show you!!
    Note that we're talking about of a WIP level.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We know that you want to know more about this city, I'm sorry but (as I said a thousand of times before)... I can't really tell you something about this city but: something happened when Steven was around 25, he managed to survive because he was in a coma due to bad road incident...

While I'm working on the level design of this first area our concept artist and our 3D designer are working on the forest and we have a couple of concept art (environments) for you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT:
    We're also on IndiecrashE3!! Vote us ;)
    http://indiescrashe3.com/nomination/2d2acd47-da58-5039-1ecc-06d6b5381242

18. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    #59 Footprint, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    Hi guys!
    A couple of weeks ago we shown some WIP screenshot from the first part of the second level, the city.
    We worked on the level design and now, thanks to our excellent environment artist, we have an entire new city:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note that the city is not complete yet and post processing effects has not been applied so everything will look better in the final build!!

And, as always xD

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-apeiron-project/x/187679

19. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on this ! Haha, so I know post effects haven't been added yet, but will the lighting be any brighter then what it currently is?