The best game you've ever played

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iSwiss, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Danielmarkwogh

Danielmarkwogh New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I played so many game on Xbox 360 and my PS2 and many game I like to play but My one of the favourite game is Dirt , its a amazing racing game, The game graphics result was really awesome.

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Any platform:
    Doom PC or Mac, but was in balance with some other like Myst or Civilization I Mac or IV.

iPad:
    No doubt despite it's fresh but not many games hook me that much, Knights of the Phantom Castle. But good chance that sooner or later Spirit HD will come back as my top.

3. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    For Xbox360

it's Colin McRare Dirt 2:D

for PS3

it's Ratchet and Clank, right beside Uncharted II

for Wii

It's Zack and Wiki

for Nintendo DS

it's zelda spirit tracks right after zelda ph and layton-series

for iPhone

it is probably SnailMail or Broken Sword

4. Lifein2D

Lifein2D Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    Probably Ravensword. Although I've been playing a lot of Pocket Legends recently.

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are definitely up there.

6. mountainmohawk

mountainmohawk Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Retail
    PA
    Deadly Premonition. It was bad in a lot of regards, but overall it was one of the most fun and entertaining games I have played in a LONG time.

7. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Espgaluda II. No question in my mind.

8. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    This is coming out in the UK sometime in 2010. I remember Destructoid bumming the game. I'm definitely going to check it out.

9. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I love it, the whole atmosphere is unreal. The shooting game-play can be stale - however the exploration is excellent as well as the voice acting, and storyline. There is something about driving down an empty highway and listening to the schizo main character wax philosophical about 80s movies ( every inane minute detail about them) that gets me every time.

I never found any of it to be "bad" or lazily developed - it was released a few generations to late, and thus had stale game-play. I actually thought the graphics were decent.

---------------------
    However the best game I've ever played is still Deus Ex - there is no game that has surpassed it for me, save for maybe The Nameless Mod.

10. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    oh sigh. another thread like this ahahaha. what i have noticed about these "favorite game" threads is that each and every person believes that the other readers care about what they post. But in fact, nobody (or lets say most people) read(s) (or cares) what other people post is their favorite. hahahahaha. nevertheless, i continue to post in these threads still having hope that at least ONE person reads my post, regardless if they care or not. ;)

Wii/GameCube:
    World of Goo
    Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl
    Super Paper Mario
    Paper Mario
    Super Mario Galaxy (both)
    Mario Kart Wii

Ds/GameBoy:
    Animal Crossing
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario 3
    Wario Ware
    New Super Mario Bros
    Professor Layton and the Curious Villiage
    Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

PS2:
    Dance Dance Revolution

iDevice:
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (I know it was on DS, but i never played it on the Ds)
    Ultimate Alphabet
    Battle Blasters
    Labyrinth 2
    Carcassonne
    Peggle
    GeoDefense
    Jet Car Stunts
    the Dark Nebula Series
    Edge
    Solipskier
    Parachute Ninja
    Blimp
    Trainyard

11. mountainmohawk

mountainmohawk Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Retail
    PA
    Yeah the combat was functional but everything else about it was awesome. I'm glad to see that there are other people on these forums that like it as well. It's definitely an acquired taste, but but boy, if you like it, you are in for a treat! :)

I also really liked Mirror's Edge and the Darkness, Both need sequels ASAP.

Probably one of my favorites of all time, would be Galleon for the Xbox. It was so ugly, but it was so much fun jumping around exploring the huge worlds. Psi-Ops was good too :)

12. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    mirrors edge is such a cool game, im thinkiin abnout maybe pickin it up since i borrowed it from my friend a while ago. especially since im really into actually doing parkour now. anyone know how much it goes for?

13. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Mirror's Edge is cheap as chips nowadays mate, it's about £6 here in the UK.

TOTALLY agree with mountainmohawk about The Darkness. The game is super, super rad.

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Blackout! or Sword & Poker 1, very addictive IMO

15. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Yes this is a really hard question, considering I have over 2,300 games. Right now I would choose Graal just because I have so many friends on there...

16. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    drop7 drop7 drop 7

DROOOOOOPPPPPPPP AND GIVE ME SEVEN, PRIVATE!!!

17. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    So you like Drop7? ;)

18. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Oh, the greatest ever will be GT 5, in my hometown Bern!:D

19. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #99 tblrsa, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
    Best Puzzle Games for me: The "Deadly Rooms Of Death" Series

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games.html

Those games are HUGE, i guess i need another life to actually beat those. Never seen anything like those before, honest. Despite it´s size, those Games do also feature voice acting and a story (story progresses every few rooms). Well King Dugans Dungeon doesn´t have much of a storyline, but the rest of the series does. Might very well be the best Indie Games ever in the Puzzle Genre. I´d suggest you start with "Journey To Rooted Hold" if you´re interested.

[​IMG]

Review:

http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/soft_rev.php/2949/drod-deadly-rooms-of-death-journey-to-rooted-hold-mac.html

20. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    On my iPod, my favorite game is Carcassonne. Love the board game, love the app just as much.

My favorite game ever, though, has got to be Super Mario Bros 3. I still get my NES out of my parents' basement once or twice a year when I go back home and play through it, and every single time, I love it more. I'm also every time amazed that the console and the cartridge still work...

Close second is Civilization II. The hours... lost... to this...