The Best games you've downloaded for free? + best games that are virtually unknown

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheCatsMeow, May 25, 2011.

1. I really enjoyed Cause of Death, although it's probably well known enough already!

2. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Bless you, thanks for the support! :)

3. Flabs

Flabs Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Gravity Chain is a favourite, virtually unknown.

4. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    My favorite free game is Undercroft.

Thanks

5. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Gravity Hook, Super Stickman Golf

6. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    #26 Filing Cabinet, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    I've gotten so much playtime out of free games (sometimes way more than games i've paid for) that i actually feel bad that I got it for nothing (so wherever available I always make an IAP purchase)

Some of my favourite ones that i got for free are:

Geodefense - I quite like tower defense games, and at first wasn't too thrilled with the graphics, but it soon became one of my favourite TD & overall games. This is also one of the most difficult TD games i've played and i think i've spent days trying to pass a level.

House of Mice - A nice physics (?) based puzzler. I quite enjoy playing this, and the graphics are smooth and polished

Super Stickman Golf

Solomon's Boneyard - Endless survival version of Solomons Keep, i'm generally not a fan of games like this, but i've spent hours playing it.

Death Rally - Pretty fun racer

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Helsing's Fire is one of my favorite games ever.

As for free games... Well, that depends on whether it's always-free games, or games that were normally paid but I got for free.
    For freebies I got League of Evil, Tofu Samurai, Amazing Breaker - all great games.

I don't really like freemium games (ala Tiny Tower), so those tend to not stay on my iThing too long.