Universal The Biking Dead: Survival Course Simulator (by Space Inch)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PureplayStudios, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Done :D would love to be imortalzied as a zombie in the game.

2. PureplayStudios

PureplayStudios Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Cool, got your entry, thanks! I saw that you have Rovercraft as one of your favorite games, and that's one of the games that inspired Biking Dead.

Did you like the Daily Challenges in Rovercraft? I'm thinking of adding something like that.

3. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Yes I like the daily challenges keeps me coming back to play. Well until the damned day 61 that I was stuck on for ever until they have is the option to skip a challenge recently. :D
    Loving the game and busy saving up my gems to try for a rare head, fingers crossed I get a good one as it's taking a while to save up the gems.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm with SP on this one. I've been really liking this game. I've been playing this about as much as Rovercraft lately. I'll try and post a pic on FB or Twitter. I'd love to be in this game. I don't wanna steal SP's chance tho. Maybe make us a tag team group? Lol

5. PureplayStudios

Sep 29, 2013
    #25 PureplayStudios, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

Cool, thanks a lot for the feedback. In terms of enjoying the game for the long term like with Rovercraft - would you prefer Daily Challenges, or some additional stuff to buy like Accessories/Guns?

Or something else entirely?

@NOEN You must have read my mind - do you have an Instagram account? Check this out! :)

https://instagram.com/p/8jle3rD9dx

[​IMG]

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Yea, I saw SP's post go across my Facebook feed. I think I reposted it right. Maybe him and I will win it. Lol

7. PureplayStudios

Sep 29, 2013
    @NOEN There are actually 2 different ways to enter:

1. Solo entry

- Post a funny picture/video of the game on Facebook/Instagram.

- Use the hashtags #win #BeInBikingDead

That's what SP has done

2. Entry with friend

- Use Instagram to Like and Repost this post:
    https://instagram.com/p/8jle3rD9dx/

- Use the hashtag #GetSmashedTogether

- Mention @bikingdead and a @friend

What you're thinking about is #2 so you'll need to hook up with SP there! Sorry for the confusion :)

8. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #28 forsakenxe, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    http://m.imgur.com/HH860DR

There is a black bar at the top of my screen when playing on the new map (only there).

It is still the playing field though as you can see the lasers of guns on it. Seems like there was space not designed on this Map there which is of course not true, cause it does not get bigger, when you jump. Still a bit annoying.

Do you guys want to hire me for Quality testing :D?

Few more bugs:

Weapons often lie on the ground and can't move during the first 500m and afterwards. Seems like they do not stick to the points that you stacked them to in the sky.

My green gem doubler is not decreasing and staying at nine.

After the 5th or so (+/-2 missions) on the new map I got a full screen ad which is not cool. It was before the score screen of the try I just did. Do you have ads now in the game even without heart refill? :/

Edit: 2 more screens of the black bar http://m.imgur.com/H53ivfy,CaRv4BK

Edit3: so the gem doubler is removed joe after completing missions but it was way less than it should have been (like 2 are removed and I made about 11 missions).

9. PureplayStudios

Sep 29, 2013
    @Sexy Pirate, @NOEN, @forsakenxe , and any other players

Could I please get your opinions on some very important design decisions?

1. Controls - What do you think about having an accelerate button instead of auto-ride? That would mean these controls:

[​IMG]

2. Weapons - What do you think about heavier zombies which have more an impact on your vehicle and are therefore a factor in gameplay? To accompany this Boost would be increased, and you could equip Weapons that shoot some of the zombies before you hit them

@forsakenxe, thank you for the details about the black bar and doubler bugs, I'll get those fixed!

- Sorry about the ads :( It's a necessity with a free game, and any purchase will remove them.

- The weapons are sometimes placed on the ground. Sometimes they can't hit you but other times they offer a different kind of threat/obstacle.

10. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    #30 Sexy Pirate, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Heavier zombies and Guns to equip would be a good idea.
    Controls- I'd say if your going to change them put it as an option as I personally like the simple controls of touch to tilt and auto accelerate.
    Other than that I'd like more stages and some visual custom options for the vehicles maybe?

11. PureplayStudios

Sep 29, 2013
    Thanks a lot SP, yes if I added those controls they would be optional.

Will definitely continue to work on stages - visual options is something I'd like but not one of the immediate todos yet, it will have to take a backseat while I work on other more impactful items.

- Anyone else have feedback on those possible design changes? :)

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I actually like the new ideas. I would definitely have an option for the auto-accelerate tho, but it wold be nice having a little more control. Especially if your planning on putting in heavy weapons. You may need to slow down or even stop to kill a zombie. I'd say go for it. It can't hurt. I like the game how it is, but having a gas and brake would be nice for control.

Btw, I love the idea of heavier zombies.

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I would love to have gas and brake!

14. PureplayStudios

Sep 29, 2013
    @NOEN @H4nd0fg0d Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'm not sure I can get those in for the Halloween update as it's getting really close, but it will be in the pipeline. And the Halloween update will still be a significant one :)

15. PureplayStudios

Sep 29, 2013
    Congratulations @Sexy Pirate for being one of the winners of the #BeInBikingDead contest!

He will be in the Halloween update to be recklessly run over in your quest for brains!

16. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    #36 Sexy Pirate, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    :D:D:D sweet thanks can't wait for my first in game appearance. And to think
    my parents told me playing video games would get me nothing and nowhere. Well 35 years later and now who's laughing :rolleyes: :D

Edit. Is there any chance of iCloud or Facebook progress saves so I can play on my iPad without have to start over?

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Congrats SP! I couldn't have lost to a better person. Looking forward to running you down this Halloween. Haha

18. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Just picked this up due to a challenge from Sexy Monkey...how did I miss this one? It's awesome!

How recommended is the gem doubler?

And yes would also love some type of icloud saving to continue playing from one device to another!

19. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Well I picked up the doubler and I'd recommend it if you want to speed up your progress as I've played quite a lot of this (few times a day since downloading) and it doesn't speed things up to much where your spoiling the game by unlocking stuff to fast but just keeps it so your unlocking and upgrading things at a steady pace.
    I could easy see how you could play without it tho.
    If anything I would have also liked to have seen a gem doubler as its taking me ages to save up the gems for the special vehicles. But I guess it's one of the things that keeps me playing always having something to unlock and aim for.

20. PureplayStudios

Sep 29, 2013
    Hey Charley, really glad to hear that you're enjoying the game!

Would love to add some type of save (probably Facebook), but it will take some time as there's a lot on my plate!

And is Sexy Monkey also Sexy Pirate or are there are just a lot of sexy folk on TA? :D