Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Bit on the fence. I have the game on pc, but think it's better suited as a portable game for in the train etc. I don't like to play with an iPhone controller tho, how good are the touch controls?

2. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Very good. I was actually pleasantly surprised as I too was wary. However it has a slightly unique control for shooting.

3. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Thanks. I learn something new about this game each time I play.

4. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Are you able to play with bluetooth keyboard ?

5. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I was going to include it but couldn't find a way to get to it after the credits! Sorry!

Edit: There might be way to get it from the app's files (if it has a log.txt file), I'll try later

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So it goes without saying we pretty much rummage around collecting stuff till we think we can handle a boss right? I mean just because we can hit the boss up right away doesnt mean we should right?

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    It just depends on your situation. You don't want to force yourself to avoid the boss room then end up losing the majority of your hearts just exploring the level. If you think your setup is good enough and have a good amount of health, you can go for the boss then explore. If not, explore then boss.

8. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I don't know, but I'm curious about this as well; maybe a BoI "veteran" knows if it's possible..?

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    First time I beat the womb! With a remote-controlled tear I could place anywhere. What a fantastic WTF-moment! Incredible game!!

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    The amount of content here is unreal. Find something new ever run....rainbow poop!

11. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Hey guys! If you get a great run make sure to lost your seeds. We can type them in and use them (basically play same layout and item setup as you) I just got laser and dmg up right off the bat... it MELTS. I'll post the seed in a bit.

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i just had a run with the laser and dmg with homing shots lol but i died cause of my stupidity oh well back into it! ill make sure to save my seed i forgot to even do it...

13. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Did you ever find an answer? I would also like to know.

Anyone?

14. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Hey guys, first off, absolutely loving this game. I haven't had the cash to buy the iOS version yet, but I've had it on my Vita for awhile. After seeing the mad hype it's been getting for its iOS release, it inspired me to start playing again.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how can I turn the special seeds (cheats) off after using them? I entered the MED1 C1NE seed, and now I can't get it to go back to normal. I tried re-entering the seed, but it apparently didn't turn it off. It's pretty annoying, I really would rather see what the pills do.

Thanks! Hope you guys are enjoying this amazing game!

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How do you even save a seed? Lol

16. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    A printscreen I guess. Lol

17. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    #277 bossjaja, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    If you quit & reload, you actually start from the beginning of the current room, it's awesome if you're playing on the go and have to quickly end the game.

It seems hard if you start playing a run planning to unlock a character in advance. For example, going two whole floors without taking damage seems crazy, right? Well, one of these runs, you'll pick up an item or get an item combo that makes you so ridiculously OP that you'll probably unlock the character without even thinking about it. You unlock better items by beating the game with certain characters, so I suggest trying to unlock some of those first, then worry about trying to unlock characters. For example,
    Beating Satan with Isaac unlocks Mom's Knife, which shreds enemies easily. Find it in a run, and you could easily go a few floors without taking damage.

Same goes for the 55 cent character, it seems difficult to get 55 cents in one run, but did you know there's an item that
    gives you 99 cents?
    or an item that
    gives you a coin for every rock or obstacle you destroy?

Unless things have changed, you can't unlock characters or achievements on challenges or seeded runs.

10/10.

Pretty much, although there is a reason to hit up bosses early:

There's a game mechanic called Deals with the Devil, where you can trade HP for powerful items. You start each floor with a certain percentage chance to see a devil room door open when you beat the boss of the floor, and taking damage reduces that change. If you take damage to your blue or black hearts, that doesn't count. It only reduces your chance if you take red heart damage, so sometimes it's better to beat the boss early and explore the floor after to reduce the chance of getting hit. But ONLY if you're powerful enough, it's definitely a risk. Also, remember what I said about Mom's Knife up there? It's available in the Devil Deal Room pretty often ;)

Pills don't show their effect in a run until you use them once, they'll always be ??? the first time (Unless you get a certain item). Are you sure the seed is still being applied? You could also try putting in a different seed, or just restarting the game.

By the way, if anyone wants to try an extremely powerful run, give this seed a try:

As Isaac, on normal mode
    6P0F
    E93Y

The first treasure room is Chocolate Milk, which lets you charge your shots to increase their power. The second treasure room is Polyphemus, which gives you a massive damage boost. What happens when you fully charge a Polyphemus shot? Isaac's base tear damage is 3.5, a charged Polyphemus shot does 60. There are also some damage upgrades from the bosses that get that shot up to like 85 power, it's pretty fun.

*You can't unlock characters or get credit for beating the game with a seed, think of it like a practice run.

18. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    I know for one you can pause the game at any time during a run, and there's an 8 character code in the top left corner of the screen (at least on the vita). You can then take a screenshot or write it down, then re-enter on the main menu.

Hope this helps. #

19. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    (On a strange note...)
    How Big is the Hype?
    I actually had a dream that I was playing this game, but I have yet to buy it or play it in real life.

20. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    It's really fun and addicting. I was one of those who didn't like the controls or understand what the hype was about when I played my first run. After a couple more runs I understood why it's so fun and everyone plays it on twitch and YouTube. It's super fun discovering new items and secrets to help you.