Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    So it's possible to play with ios 9? I want to try what you say, but i didn't know it was possible. I'm not sure i've understood how to download the "previous" version.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Not my kind of game. I do not mind the price for a premium titlte though. Anyone who likes this have fun :)

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    If you buy it on another device (using your iTunes account though), or even in iTunes on your computer, the app will then show as available for download with in the AppStore on your current device. When you then select download on your current device it will give you a prompt that the app is for iOS 10, but a previous version is available and you can download that. So the option to download a previous version is just a pop up text box. And yeh it seems to be working on iOS 9 on my 6plus but I unfortunately don't have time to play right now, I just loaded it up.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #64 Dankrio, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Unlocked Azazel by accident. Have no idea what I am doing. Lol

Edit: I have to say. Even though I have never played it before I feel the controls are spot-on. They are simply perfect. Congratulations for the devs!

Now I am looking forward to drtc and have a great gaming year.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Already I'm glad I got this. The controls are so much easier than playing on a computer, which is why I rarely play it on the computer. Can someone tell me what the seeds are for?

6. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    #66 Occupied, Jan 11, 2017
    Played around a bit on 9.3.3, it works but it's pretty buggy (not a complaint, I took the risk knowing it wasn't supported). Some wonky transitions and doors are invisible in portrait mode. Incredibly smooth frame rate though.

I'm curious if that's due to the unsupported iOS version or the fact that I'm on an older build. It works okay though, hopefully Tyrone can add iOS 9 support down the line.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Have never played this before, but have been following development.

Downloading now and pumped to give this a try.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Downloading and am stoked to fire it up sometime today!

9. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Unlocked Eve.

10. Sheo

Sheo Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Russia
    Have got it on my new 3ds. Any differences, guys?

11. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    You can share the seed so people can play the same item/enemy round you played, vice versa.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #72 Talbs, Jan 11, 2017
    I'm on ip6+ with iOS 9.1.1 and yeh, portrait mode is bugged. If in portrait then it's like it only shows 3/4 of the room and Isaac can't go all the way down to the bottom. Up the top of the room, a doorway that would be there in landscape is no longer visible in portrait.

BUT, you and I both are playing on an unsupported iOS version, so maybe that's the trade off -> portrait mode is bugged at least on iOS 9 for now.
    Also in either portrait or landscape, the see through map sort of starts to cover the screen area. Hard to explain, and not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or not. Edit again: if I tap on the default map area in the top right it puts the map back up in the top right and not all over my play area screen like before. But I'd say it's still a little buggy looking around the map. I've never played he game but the map doesn't seem right. Anyway, I'm sure this will get fixed for us iOS 9ers

13. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    iOS 10 and up ... ???

Really now ? What was that beta test for then ? What the hell ?

14. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OUT Tyrone and Ed were uber secretive about this but they kept there word out around the time of AB+ super pumped. it is worth 15.00 bucks this game has so much content and its replay-ability is endless

15. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Got platinum God on PC version. Over 500 hours for me on steam. Let's see how fast I get it on IOS. Best roguelike ever made.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When you check the version history, you see that the "initial release" is not the first app version, but the second app version. This usually happens when in soft launch, when a dev publishes a "beta" version in one country prior to global launch. If you do this in an App Store of a remote country in the world, then only a few people download it and try it. Let's say there's an App Store for the South Pole. You publish it there so that only the people you speak with know that it was published there, and they test it.

Quite possibly, version 1.0 was released to check compatibility with iOS 8 and 9, but it came around buggy and they decided to publish just an iOS10+ version. That's what I believe at least...

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I think you're on point with that. Hopefully they'll have iOS 9 (and 8) ironed out soon.

18. allister5

allister5 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    How do you compare it to other roguelikes like Wayward Souls?

19. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I have seen that the game has an upload and download feature for cloud saving but does it also have Game Center support?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Can anyone explain the difference with touch input 1 and 2? You can set it on options, but I don't quite get what's different.