Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Damn, in my whole world trip, I only found one coffe cherry, planted it and... also nothing :(

Maybe the highway around the world wasn't such a good idea lol, sorry about that mate :)

My blockhead finished her one way world trip yesterday. It was pretty big to see the junction after 4 real life day of wandering!

My other dude found that lava.
    Then the dudette tried the ladder to space.
    With all the goodies, I finally made some golden pick axes. You get random gems or ingots once in a while. Definitely worth it! :D

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Ive only found 1 or 2 diamonds by mining, 1 or 2 bymeditating, and about 5 from using golden picks. Definitely worth it. How in hell are you supposed to get enough gold to build gold blocks to use to build a palace? I call BS on that. There probably isnt enough gold in the game.

3. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Diamond pickaxe

4. metalsquid

metalsquid Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    No question, do the upgrade first and get the pickaxe. From that point on you're getting x2 the number of time crystals from every crystal block you find. It will pay for itself and then some. If you get the blockhead first, how many of those crystals blocks would you have 'wasted' by only mining them at x1 rate to get 100 crystals? About 27. Plus you'll need to mine a further 14 blocks to get enough crystals to upgrade the portal and make the pickaxe. That's 41 crystal blocks wasted at x1 mining rate!

I can't remember but I think you start with 20 crystals? So after mining 7 crystal blocks you'll have 41 crystals and can do the upgrade and get the amethyst pickaxe. Now you'll get 6 crystals per block so after 17 more blocks you can make your second blockhead already. And a third after the next 17. Me, I went for the sapphire pickaxe and I'd rather go for the emerald and ruby ones before making a third blockhead.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've begun the road :D the thing is that it doesn't "fly", since it makes a back wall to the bottom of the sea. I've set around 600 stone blocks, so I have to take turns in mining/building the road. Anyway, I'll get to it for sure. I'm enjoying the game a lot. Easy to get hooked because you don't need to learn complex recipes. I like it a lot.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have a covered swimming pool with a glass roof ground-level, btw. Not too much nor as cool as other things I've seen around, but I wanted to share it though :)

Attached Files:

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    it would take hundreds of ingots to build more than a small room

8. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    ThAnks for the detailed answer, it is the direction I went in the end, though I messed up a few times with the switch to the amethyst pickaxe just before the block is destroyed so only gained 3 rather than 6 time crystals.

I can't believe I've spent nearly 10 hours today playing this game. Spent most of this evening digging trying to find the core and still haven't found it yet. After blunting 5 stones pickaxes and 2 bronze pickaxes.

I've got the gold upgrade for the tool bench but need to find more gold to actually make the gold pickaxe. The only killer is the long wait crafting the ingots, if hate to imagine playing crafting iron,steel and gold without the time halver IAP.

9. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    You'll ding gold deep under only. Don't forget to use the gem pick axe at the end for gold also.
    Actually the wait is good news when you'll have more than one dude. You'll queue tasks for one at home crafting ingots and the other one digging ;)

2 more good things about the gold pick axe :
    Random cristals and red marble when you dig marble blocks :)

And about the "gold palace" achievement, you'll get with only one block of gold put on the ground. No need to go all mad dictator's on it :D

10. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    To avoid the back walls over the sea, you could put a first lane of wooden platforms and over it stone blocks if you want ;)
    I've done suspended gardens like that (wooden platforms + dirt over it, after seeing it in BH forums)
    The good thing is that you get 5 platforms for a single piece of wood

11. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    One question, no scratch that two if I may:

Is there anything in space beyond the achievement? I just laddered up and was disappointed to find nothing (at that point). Was considering trying again sometime (via a wall and wooden platforms) to try and build a path around to see (just below the vacuum)

Second, what can you do with the Dodo Feather?

12. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Dont use the switch method for time crystals, they mine very quickly anyways. Use the swap method only for mining gold (or other ore, though I wouldnt waste a gem axe on other ore)

13. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    As far as I know, nothing is in space at the moment.

The dodo feather is used to make a purple pigment for dying clothes / painting :)

14. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    just managed to get my second blockhead, it was a hard grind but so worth it in the long run. game is so much better now.

cant wait for the first big update, hopefully some sort of character customization after you have made your blockhead.

15. metalsquid

Sep 27, 2012
    You don't have to pull the switcheroo on the crystal blocks. The amethyst pickaxe works really fast on them already, maybe 6 hits? I just queue them with the amethyst axe right away. It's the ores that take a longer time that you need to switch tools.

Heh. I built ladders to measure my progress and after a 600 deep shaft straight down, I still haven't found the center. I use the gold pickaxe so I get ingots, gems and crystals while digging. You don't find as much ore going straight down as you do exploring the caves laterally, especially gold ore which is what I look out for mainly.

16. metalsquid

Sep 27, 2012
    #356 metalsquid, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    That's a great idea. Does your suspended garden prevent the stupid donkeys from showing up? I have a little hobbit like home with a flat dirt roof where I plant my carrots and it's always attracting donkeys on my roof! Grrr

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hey, thanks for the tip! The thing is i have many more stones than wood, but I might try to do so (Argh, gotta destroy 2 hours of stone blocks and begin again :()

18. Chaos_Eternal

Chaos_Eternal New Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I really like this game, I just don't like how it takes time to craft things, which is how the game tries to make money. Honestly, it would be nice if you could just pay fr the game and not have crafting waiting time.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You can pay and speed it up.... And buy time crystals... Or explore for time crystals...

Without the crafting time it would take quite a bit away for the game. I think it's the time mechanics that drive players to get better equipment, explore more, find more items, ect...

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #360 vicsark, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    It'll make sense when you'll have 2 blockheads. the game is designed that way so you can queue up tasks for one dude and then deal with the other. It's not only a money making trick.

the time halving IAP is like paying for the free demo imho.

And the crystals are plenty after a while, when you've explored caves, and crafted gem axes.
    Just be sure not to mine all those crystals at first sight, take only what's necessary to get to the next step.
    The 200 crystals IAP is an optional shortcut for getting the second dude and an amethyst gem axe right away, after that, no need to buy crystals if you explore enough.

lol
    I always was short on wood until I planted some pines and figured you have to collect the wood from the top and not just cut it at the base. one big pine tree can amount to 100 wood easily and chopping it is fast.

A view of my garden in the sky

Attached Files: