Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    The syrup comment was just wishful thinking :p

2. bgrim2day

bgrim2day Active Member

Nov 20, 2012
    In the caves do you just explore looking for crystals or hew through everything grabing all that you can?

Also, which is better for lanterns the sunflower or flaxseed oil?

Thanks for the help

3. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    #383 tarasis, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Haven't spent nearly 25 hours playing this since getting it, it has been the most addicting game I've played on the iPhone.

I am however starting to get bored, after largely exploring the first land (minimg a lot underground) and one of my BHs is currently going around the world (about 2/3 way around), just walking, no mining. I don't really feel a need to keep going. Disturbingly I've found more red marble or [other weird rock type] than I have gold veins so far. Need more for golden pickaxes.

I hope that a future update might provide additional things to craft to put in buildings / plant. Still waiting on my coffee tree to do something.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I've done a bit of redecorating, going all marble, glass&gems you know :D

Attached Files:

5. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    When it rains why doesn't my outdoor swimmingpool fill up? Is there a way?

6. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    ok that didnt work as i expected. completely underestimated how much water was in the ocean, might make a second hole to empty another good bit out. Did take the sea level down about 10 blocks though.

At least my lighting system held up though haha

Attached Files:

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Nice one, lol! :D maybe in an update the dev will make the water evaporate and the rain be "true rain" which makes the pool levels increase.

8. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Chests

I learned the hard way that if you leave somethiing on the ground too long it disappears. <Lost my bed near the North Pole and slept on the ground the rest of way around>.

My question is about the Chests. I keep lots of stuff in chests and pack them up only when I'm on the move, otherwise they sit out like the work benches. Haven't lost any so far but would sad sad sad if they did - keep all my gems and raw materials in them. Does anyone know if they are safe on the ground for extended periods of time?

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So far, I haven't lost any of my chests... I keep them all at home when I go exploring, and, like most, keep my gems and other rare metals in them...

The longest I've left them untouched would probably be about 6 game days... So I'm not sure if you can leave them at home and then travel around the world and have them still be there when you come back, but if they haven't disappeared yet, I don't think they would.

10. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #390 vicsark, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Nice work on the lightning system, you had it well planed! :cool:
    You have me convinced! a giant swimming pool near lava core is next on my list :)

Wait, whaaaaaaaaat? :eek:
    I spotted 99 diamond pick axes on your screenshot :eek::eek::eek:

I barely have found enough diamonds to get 3 lol
    Did you hack your save or just digged with gold shovel for a long time hoping for the best? :D

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    99 gold shovels as well? I think I smell hack.

12. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So I got a question. I'm about to dye a fur coat, and it has three pigment slots. What does that mean? If I just use one black dye will the whole thing be black? If I throw in a red dye will it be dark red or red and black?

13. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK
    It alters the shade, it will all be one colour though :)

14. hsthompson

hsthompson Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Tried to love this but the IAP model just kept making it feel more like a patience test that a fun sandbox game.

Sure it's hard to mine a lot of obsidian in minecraft, but this felt like an entire world of nothing but obsidian.

Not sure if there is a sweet spot, but if there is I didn't find it. A great start but just didn't work for me.

15. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Yeah its simple enough, you dont even need to jailbreak. Makes the game so much more fun since you dont have to wait so long for everything

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This is one of few games where I feel IAP is actually balanced quite well.

I have upgraded everything and have all 3 blockheads summoned and estimate I have explored probably 10-20% of the game. Thats after like 30 hours of gameplay too. Not to say that there is hundreds of hours left of gameplay or anything, just that there are tons of *resources* still available. Sorry my friend but I respectfully disagree with you. (I respect your opinion though).

17. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I agree with you, I've only done the "halve time" IAP, played at least 30 hours (have a feeling it's more) and you really don't need to buy Time Crystals.

So far I've been around the world but only mined under the starting land & a little under the one of the east (as the natural cave took me that way). There are plenty of time crystals, ESP when using a Diamond Pickaxe which times by 6 what you'd get, so each time crystal block becomes 18 TC. I've currently got 1250, after 3 blockheads, multiple gem pickaxes (currently 2 emerald, one ruby and one diamond pickaxes) and no TC's used to speed up time or warp in ingots.

The only things lacking in my current area are diamonds and gold blocks. I've got as much of those by meditating as from mining. I now use the diamond pickaxe on any gold blocks I find.

In terms of other resources I've given up mining tin & copper. Occasionally iron for equipment and steel making.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Is it wrong that this COMPLETELY pisses me off?

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    No, it kinda pisses me off too, but what can you do. Cheaters gunna cheat.

20. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    It doesn't have to, I paid for my packs but I'm enjoying it anyways.