Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #441 vicsark, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    1.2 is live (Europe store). Downloading right now :)

This update lets time pass when you exit! It also hugely improves lag/pausing issues, and adds a lot of awesome new stuff!

Features
    - No need to leave your device running for long crafting times anymore. Instruct a blockhead to craft 10 ingots, exit the app, come back after enough time has elapsed and it'll be done! When you exit, time will continue for each blockhead until all queued actions and crafting are completed, or they get too exhausted. Watch out though, while blockheads are busy they will get tired and hungry as usual, and they can even suffer damage.
    - You can now warp in up to FOUR BLOCKHEADS! Blockheads also now cost less food and time crystals.
    - Find fish in the sea.
    - Craft a fishing rod to catch them.
    - But watch out for SHARKS!
    - Upgrade your press with bronze to create tin foil, then roast fish on the campfire to create the most fulfilling meal yet.
    - Craft, wear, and unleash the power of the incredible TIN FOIL HAT!
    - While swimming, eat kelp to get a boost of air.

Tweaks
    - Clothing now degrades much, much, slower, and at different rates depending on what the blockhead is doing, and on the clothing item.
    - Queue multiple craft actions one after the other at a single workbench.
    - Also queue sleeping events at a bed even when not tired. Blockheads still must be tired when they get there to actually sleep though.
    - New animation when harmed.
    - Basalt is now shinier, and has a new unique look when painted.
    - All new blockheads can now be warped in immediately without another blockhead needing to be at the portal to warp them in.
    - Blockheads can collapse from exhaustion or starvation, and refuse to craft if too exhausted or starving.
    - Blockheads don't starve until a while after hunger bar reaches zero, and starving doesn't damage health as much initially.
    - When using a gold pick axe or spade on ore/coal/oil/clay etc. there is now a small chance of getting 10 of that ore on any strike.
    - Removing a reinforced platform now also removes the back wall where appropriate.
    - Placed reinforced platforms now also preserve the back wall, so it's now possible to create interesting back wall designs with different blocks.

Bug fixes
    - Fixed many lag issues, and made the game run a lot faster and smoother, particularly with many donkeys, and with melting/freezing/flowing water and falling snow.
    - These changes also greatly improve battery usage.
    - Basalt now gives correct bonuses when mined with gem pickaxes.
    - The 'pausing and running in mid air every few seconds' bug is fixed.
    - Fixes many crash bugs.
    - Fixes disappearing action boxes when chasing animals.
    - Fixed bug where you could breathe underwater by mining blocks.
    - Fixed bug where the crickets would always make noise regardless of sound volume.
    - Fixed bug that could cause world corruption in multiplayer games.
    - Fixed bug where queued interactions or pick up actions could get canceled if off screen.
    - Many other minor fixes

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Soooo, it's been four days since this post and nobody has given new impressions on the update. Are you all guys playing it full-time? :p I haven't had time to play yet, but I'll grab it soon for sure. Any impressions on the update?

3. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #443 vicsark, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    The lagging/freezing I experienced is almost completely gone. That made me stop playing for a while and I did tried a donkey/dodo killing spree to fix it!
    4th BH costs 200 crystals and it's cool to have a fourth dude.
    Tinfoil hats make them do what they want, I did not try that a lot yet, it looks like the one I tried was going mining nearby.
    Sharks/fish are cool, shark hunting is haaaard: take your best sword, a boat, a lot of water plant (kelp) for the air and a lot of food to pump up your health!
    For Castlepage, there even are baby sharks lol!
    Check my cool shark jaws trophies in my hQ below, notice the baby shark jaws on the right :D
    Not seen basalt yet, I may have missed it I guess.

The main change is that the timers continue in the background, that's cool. As the BH still get tired or hungry, it doesn't change that much for me with 4 dudes, but it's a game changer if you only have one dude.
    Btw, the game now offers you 50 crystals for tweeting/messaging/FBing about BH, so everybody take them and warp a second BH ASAP! That's a game changer ;)

My main issue is that I keep amassing Crystals and don't know what to do with it lol. Why would I even want to use them for timers? Please add some cool things to buy with crystals MajicDave ;)

Attached Files:

4. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Nice house. When did the chandeliers come? (Haven't really played since just before 1.1 update). I kinda burnt myself out.

5. nilly2323

nilly2323 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    With the new update you no longer have to watch your person dig or work. It's great

6. nilly2323

nilly2323 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    #446 nilly2323, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    Review and questions

Great game. If someone has cool buildings could you post a picture, I'm having trouble getting inspiration and I want to use most of my 200 limestone in storage. The update said that it had a new block, maybe basalt, how far done is it (around diamond?). For people who are deciding where to settle down choose a place near the equator, next get a shovel and clear yourself a large space and completely strip the top layer and replace it with compost. Once again, I would love some pictures of cool builduings, I kind of feel like building more of a tower, so if there are ideas for that it would be greatly appreciated.

7. Emma10015

Emma10015 Member

Mar 24, 2013
    #447 Emma10015, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    Awesome game

I made a house that was almost completely underground and now I am making a floating house using reinforced platforms!:D:rolleyes:I think the bottom of the house is 99 spaces up from the ground!The houses have some limestone in them but they are mostly made of stone and wood.:

8. Emma10015

Emma10015 Member

Mar 24, 2013
    It is a game but there is no specific goal kind of like minecraft.:)

9. Emma10015

Emma10015 Member

Mar 24, 2013
    In the new update it does.

10. Emma10015

Emma10015 Member

Mar 24, 2013
    You can have up to four blockheads in one player. :D

11. Emma10015

Emma10015 Member

Mar 24, 2013
    My Blockheads

I have four blockheads and two are going around the world. They need to cross an ocean so I am going to send one of my remaining blockheads with boats.:) I named my blockheads Emma, Kylie, Bailey and Sarah because those are me and my friend's names. :D

12. Emma10015

Emma10015 Member

Mar 24, 2013
    #452 Emma10015, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    Those are dropbears. They are one of two enemies in the game. The other enemies are sharks.:eek:AAAAHHHH SHARKS AND DROPBEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Wow, what an update! Multiplayer!

14. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    This is my favourite minecraft type game on iOS and this update just raised the potential a tonne. Now, when are we going to start a Touch Arcade Blockheads server?

I am going to test it out on my Mac, but the highest upload for my ISP is still only 0.75Mbps. So I don't think it would do too well hosting a server with 32 players.

15. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    I'm pretty curious about the multiplayer experience.
    I've not played in a while though.
    Add me GC Vic Sark if you want ;)

16. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    First I'll need to get a static IP, then I will need to set it up and do some testing. It may not be viable for more than a few players. I can't see my connection supporting the 32 player max for a server.

There will be other servers going live and listed on the Blockheads forums. Although those who are setting up servers are navigating the difficulties and prepping their worlds still.

It's an exciting time for Blockheads players.

17. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Oh yeah and in the update they added players shops, for doing trading. Self made auction houses on player run servers through a free Mac app.

They certainly know how to deliver.

18. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    The zoom out new feature is impressive! :)

Attached Files:

19. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I didn't even notice they had added that. So awesome, I hated scrolling forever to find a particular section of cave or a camp.

20. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    As you can see, Zarathustra hasnt come down from the mountains yet to deliver his message unto the people. he is still resting.

I need to work on the depth of my caves, I still haven't reached the core yet. But I've built little camps in 8 or 10 places around the world so that my Blockheads always have a place to rest on their journies.

I think I'll follow the idea others have had and setup a hotel with a shop along the water, with a boat, on a server world.

Attached Files: