Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    This game is seriously making me consider buying Minecraft for the Xbox 360. I will resist, simply because I do not want the horrendous digital crack addiction that will come with Minecraft.

Must. Remain. Strong.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Naaaa, don't resist Riotgirl, you'll eventually end up falling into temptation :D

3. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Its good on the xbox, thanks to the much comfy sofa rather than my mac chair, i can spend days on it. the multiplayer is fun too.

Good to know, thank you! I shall have to check out their own forums. My main desire for cloud saves was because I completely drained my iPhone battery, AND my emergency battery playing :D

Built a house and went exploring, in pursuit of a beach for sand for windows, havent found any, but did find a massive cave with various gemstones and some time crystals. This game is great! Had no problem purchasing the time speed IAP.

4. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    You need to get it. Seriously. It's the best

5. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I prefer actual Minecraft over the 360 version. The modding community for Minecraft is far to great to pass up.

6. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I have both :]

7. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I have all 3. Lol.

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Been getting requests from someone (im assuming here) to play this game after sending me a friend reques tonight. Can't right now... Going to sleep. If that person is here send me a pm and maybe we can set a time. I've been so consumed with Take My Machete that I've not put hardly anytime in with The Blockheads.

9. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Hah I guess I forgot iOS

I have all 3 also ha

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Anyone else on iPhone 4 or iOS 5.1 experiencing random crashes?

The game works great for a few minutes. Sometimes even up to half an hour. But the second I try to queue actions, the game crashes. Sometimes I'm not even queuing actions and I'm just...mining my own business...and bam, crash.

11. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I have iOS 6.1 and only had 2 crashes with my iPhone 4. But I've had consistent crashes while climbing the North Pole and Deleting worlds.

12. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've encountered the same problem on 3 different devices. iPhone 4, iTouch 4 and an iPad 2. The crashes don't seem to be consistent either as they can occur just randomly for no apparent reason.

13. fizzychicken

fizzychicken New Member

I'd much rather there was a global unlock purchase which got rid of the silly crystals. Without them the game is hateful to play, but using them feels like being nickel and dimed every 30 seconds. If you can deal with that aspect its a nice game.

14. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Apparently the crashes are mostly cause by the music of the own game.

15. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Love the game, hate the freemium. I bought the Double Time and 1200 crystals both to support developer and be able to play the game as intended, without ridiculously long craft times. I seriously pity anyone trying to persevere without Double Time - even with it craft times for ingots and high level tools are crazy.

Once my 1200 crystals run out I think that'll be me done with the game as buying more would mean I'd spent more on this than on Junk Jack, which may have annoying enemies but also has a LOT more depth.

A real shame but I guess the guy has to make money so only casual players that don't care about wait times and hardcore minecraft addicts willing to pay will persist. This model means he won't be making any more from me, I resent being nickel and dimed by a game I really wanted to play.

16. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Developer. One guy made this.

(Still resent the business model though!)

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You can switch off enemies in JJ, just turn on peaceful mode in options :)

18. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    #158 mr ed209, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Wow, seriously? Awesome. That makes it very tempting to just jump ship now before I get too far involved. Junk Jack has much better environments, especially underground. Only thing I'll miss, the excellent, unmatched control scheme. I kind of like simplified crafting too. But those crystals can take a hike, ridiculous way to punish players.

19. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Has anyone found if there's any variety underground the further you go? Just seems like it's the same everywhere - rock, some limestone, some minerals, the occasional Time Crystal (lol).

Is there any lava, or other underground environment types? Anything to look forward to finding?

20. Thorwan

Thorwan Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Has anyone found out how to change the background? My basement has a partially grey background, even though all surrounding blocks on the "player-level" are other materials:

[​IMG]