Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    That background you're referring to is the colour that stone is when underground and not mined. Once you get underground when you mine stone away if you haven't mined away the very top layer of stone (and sometimes even when you have) you still get a background of stone.

2. Thorwan

Thorwan Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Any idea how I could fix it?

3. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Sadly not. How far underground is that area you showed? I have a feeling that below a certain point the background stone is not removable.

4. Thorwan

Aug 4, 2010
    The door is on ground level. I tried mining more stone from the surrounding area, but to no avail :(

5. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    It's what's above that governs the background generally, not what's nearby. For example, above ground if you build a wood hut the ceiling blocks are the ones that create the background.

Underground, lets say you dig a shaft straight down. As you remove earth you reveal the sky, but the game can't keep doing that because there'd be no sky behind the rock 50 blocks down, even if there is no block at the 'top' to create a background.

So at some point, rock will become the default background. Am I making sense? :)

6. Thorwan

Aug 4, 2010
    Yes. :)
    Still wish there was another option.
    Lesson learned: Always build houses above ground level to have full creative control.

7. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I haven't been able to make paint yet, but maybe you could use that to paint the walls behind you?

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Tried this the day after release; couldn't get into the game (past the menu screens) without it crashing before generating a world. Tried it on my iPhone 4S 5.1.1; haven't loaded it on the Mini running 6.whatever. Perhaps Growtopia will work better.

Considering the immediate competition, this is a poor time to leave unresolved bugs in your software.

9. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Ah the naive and demanding nature of people who have no idea how hard it is for one man to crush every single bug that may exist in his massively open-world game.

Bugs slip through the net. Always have done, always will do. Don't be a d***, report it to him so he can fix it.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #170 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Yes, seriously. You can see the option in the left column on the attached image ;)

As for the crystals, I was thinking that the way to "bypass it" is to have a second character in the world. While one is crafting something huge, you can have the other one do simple things. That is, if I understood correctly that when you add another character to your game, you can use both. Right?

Attached Files:

11. Salokcin777

Salokcin777 Active Member

May 20, 2012
    Yeah, this games crashed all three times I've tried to play it. I'm gonna try it one more time but I don't think I'm gonna try a fifth time.

12. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    You can mine down to the centre of the earth if you go deep enough.

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Really, a ****? by mentioning my device and ios version, I was doing exactly as you said...REPORTING THE PROBLEM. I didn't know this was a one man job, but what sounded harsh to meant by me as a useful critique.

I apologize if I'm not a TA member who hands out gold stars for "effort"; I'm too jaded for developer worship or feigned fawning.

Sorry bro.

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    The opposite of naivety; I know the developer will lose installs to Growtopia if the game crashes. Perhaps you should think before you type. I have no investment in this game, therefore I have absolutely nothing to be "demanding" over.

15. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Sorry but whining about it on a forum is not reporting it to the developer. You were here to whine.

16. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    No, you think before you type. Try thinking: "what might be the best way to directly inform the developer of a bug? A single post on a single forum on the entire Internet? Or going to his website via the Support button on the App Store to directly speak to him?"

If you had thought that, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

17. mr ed209

Apr 13, 2009
    Bugs don't solve themselves usually. If it crashed three times so far, it's gonna crash again. What you should do, instead of writing off an entire app tht works just fine for everyone else, is wait for the inevitable update that will fix this bug.

Then try it.

Then write it off.

Feel free to write it off now if you like, if time is too short to come back another day after an update and try again. But expecting it to work a 4th time after 3 crashes, when its only been out a day or so and no update can possibly reach us that fast, is kinda insane.

In fact isn't it the definition of insanity, to do the same thing over and over and expect different results? ;)

18. yellowjaay

yellowjaay New Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Does anyone know how to get linen, or how to plant seeds? :(

19. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    To plant seeds put the object in your hand and tap the ground as if you were mining dirt.
    And linen is crafted by flax. You need the clothes craft bench to craft it.

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It works fine for me been playing awhile. No crashes or anything wrong on my end. Wonder if a update will add new places or things to hunt and ride