THE BLOCKHEADS - Crafting, digging exploration sandbox game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by majicDave, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Soon and yes!

It will be submitted in a couple of weeks, for a launch in early January :)

2. majicDave

Patreon Indie

Screenshots

Hi guys

The Blockheads will be submitted within the next couple of days :) Here's a few new screenshots that were posted recently to the twitter account.

[​IMG]
    Ice cave

[​IMG]
    Closeup in a boat

[​IMG]
    Cottage by moonlight​

3. majicDave

Patreon Indie

#23 majicDave, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Approved! - launching 10th Jan

Hi again

The Blockheads was recently approved and is launching on the 10th of January. That's only 2 weeks away!

I'm giving away a few promo codes, so I'll post one here right now for one lucky person, and perhaps another one or two in the lead up to launch.

code:
    [Update - code taken, so removed]

If you'd like to have more of a chance of getting a promo code to play the game early, follow The Blockheads on twitter and RT this tweet to enter the daily draw.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    FLT4P3K3PJAK taken. Thanks :) been waiting to play it :)

5. majicDave

Patreon Indie

Great, hope you enjoy it!

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    So is this sims mixed with junk jack or is making things a little easier?

7. majicDave

Patreon Indie

Crafting is pretty easy, you don't need to drag things into grids, but it's more of a technology tree with upgradable workbenches each with their own set of craftable items.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Yay. Can't wait to play it :)

9. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Would love to get a code if you're still giving some out :)

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok took time off the game to give my review. Its not so sims as in a pain to keep feeding which is a plus. Crafting is way easier than junk jack (I may suck in it but well that's me). You collect dirt,sticks, etc. which you then craft an assortment of workbenches from crafting shovels to a bed. Weather affects mood which is good because I would be upset working in rain as well lol.

The graphics are great really dig the mine craftyness of it. Don't know if there's enemies yet since just starting. For people playing this soon read the help guide it will guide you really well.

11. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Maybe a few more codes? :)

12. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    #32 TakenXXDeadly, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    I'd gladly pay right now for a promo code, I just can't wait for the game to come out.

13. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    If there are anymore codes, I'd like one! But I am a day one buyer if not!

14. majicDave

Patreon Indie

No more codes just yet guys, I might do a little contest in a couple of days, so keep an eye out. Also you can still enter the daily draw by following @MJTheBlockheads and retweeting this tweet.

Not tooooooo long now!

15. majicDave

Patreon Indie

16. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Next week? Awesome! I just wanted to make a suggestion. I was thinking of maybe adding iCade compatibility. That would definitely get you more sales. I have an iCade if you choose to add it, and I would glady test it for you.
    I was thinking of that because it would actually fit with an iCade, unlike minecraft because its 3D.
    Like, look right on the iCade to look right, and so on and put the jump button as the top red button and placing button as the bottom red, and the pause menu as the white buttons.

17. majicDave

Patreon Indie

The Blockheads uses touch based/pathfinding control, and not a platformer-style virtual d-pad or anything like that, so it wouldn't really work well with the iCade. It's impossible to tell from the screenshots/video I know!

So basically you tap once on a block or empty square with a selected tool, and the active blockhead walks/jumps/climbs there and does what you want. Makes it really easy to do lots of stuff quickly!

18. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Oh, sorta like junk jack.

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #39 oooooomonkey, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Sweet. What's the price going to be

Also one question. Is this going to be easier to play/understand than junk jack? As I played junk jack for quite a while when it first released but then when I went back to it there's been so many updates and it was all so huge and confusing I gave up trying to understand it. :)
    I play minecraft on 360 a lot and love it but junk jack took it a bit to far IMO.

20. majicDave

Patreon Indie

#40 majicDave, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    It will be free.

Just to try to head off any negative reaction to that (I'm also very wary when it comes to freemium games), I did my best to do it 'right'. It's designed to be a lot of fun with many hours of gameplay whether you spend or not, and all the content is accessible without paying a cent.

In response to the question about being easier to play than Junk Jack... I don't want to make any specific comparisons (and I've barely played any Junk Jack to avoid it influencing development) but the short answer is yes. Hopefully one of the beta testers who have also played Junk Jack might be able to elaborate!