THE BLOCKHEADS - Crafting, digging exploration sandbox game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by majicDave, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    In jack it seemed a chore to make stuff with having it set to here and either chop wood to make planks or leave it as it is and so forth.while this game you chop wood to make sticks and you just craft what you want and how much that simple. It is free and iap is in it but I haven't used it yet since I don't need it. You can hunt for food but not alot of hunting cause hardly any animals to hunt for.

You can make boats and houses which take time as there is a bar which can be speed up by the iap currency. You can also craft clothes and the dye to color them.

2. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    In my comparison between Junk Jack and the Blockheads I would have to compare them to some more popular games. While I write this I am not saying they are rip offs just how they are like the other game.

Junk Jack- I know a great deal about Junk Jack as I have played it for over a year. It's fun and addicting. Originally the game was to be similar to Minecraft however after playing it for quite sometime it almost takes on a terrarium feel. Not only because it is 2D but also because of the amount of things do. What with looting chests fighting mobs and crafting new items it can be quite a lot to take in all at once.

The Blockheads- The blockheads is also a great game even though I haven't played it as much as Junk Jack I still played it quite a bit when I was testing. I would almost compare The Blockheads to Minecraft before the Adventure update in the way that there are many items but they introduce it to you slowly. It almost has a nice flowing gameplay of explore, craft, find new items, build. But there isn't any particular rush that the player is in.

Both games are great and both are very different. Although they center around blocks U don't think that they should be compared too much because of the contrast of styles in gameplay. :)

3. majicDave

majicDave Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

4. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Nice vid :) . Pvp online would be great; being able to kill and pick up a blockheads loot would be pretty cool. Armor would be nice.

Game is looking superb btw :)

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World

Thanks for that. Like I said I did like junk jack early on and I love minecraft, so it seems this is going to be what I'm looking for. Can't wait.

6. majicDave

Patreon Indie

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Looking good :D

8. majicDave

Patreon Indie

Promo codes!

I'm giving away 3 promo codes to play The Blockheads early on this thread. Good luck!

9. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Looking forward to getting my hands on this. I have a feeling this will be a huge time sync :)

10. majicDave

Patreon Indie

11. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I think I know what that mysterious blue thing is! Is it a portal of some sort?

12. Pbarillas

Pbarillas Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    #52 Pbarillas, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Game looks awesome! Could I say ideas to this thread?

Does it work on any device? Like iPod 4th gen?

13. majicDave

Patreon Indie

It is!

Sure, happy to hear any ideas!

It doesn't work on all devices, as it requires OpenGL ES 2.0. That's any iPad or the iPhone 3GS or better. I think that also covers the iPod Touch 3rd generation and up too, so you should be fine. As long as you have iOS 5 or iOS 6 installed, you're good to go.

14. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm using a 4th gen iPod it works perfect.

15. Pbarillas

Pbarillas Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Awesome! Thanks!

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Like I said earlier crafting is way easier then junk jack but this has sim elements thrown in with mood and hunger.

Nice lit area-happy
    Dark moody area-not happy

You can eat seeds and apples amount alot of other things to stay fed (doesn't lower fast at all)

17. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    How do you get time crystals? I haven't used any, I just wanted to know. Also, when it says "warp up to 3 blockheads" what does that mean?
    So far, this game is good.

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Time crystal you get by IAP. I think you can have up to 3 blockheads in the game so you can warp in game 3

19. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Oh ok. Thanks. I'm just getting used to the game now.

20. majicDave

Patreon Indie