Universal The Bonfire: Forsaken Lands (by Xigma Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Mar 7, 2018.

1. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Saw a post elsewhere saying there is an ending.

2. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks. Might just get it. Love the look of it.

3. edbrannin

edbrannin Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    v1.0 bugs

Just in case this wasn't fixed in the first patch (which I'll be able to download in a few hours):

Three wolves attack. We kill the first one on the far side of the bridge, and "Skin Beast" suddenly pops up where the Attack button was a moment ago. I accidentally skin the beast and start walking back home. Another wolf follows me. The attack button is gone. I die.

Also:

There's a thief! I kill her before I realize she's our only guard. Text at the top says I've beaten a thief to death, but she remains standing, frozen -- and the fight music continues until wolves come and kill me.

4. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Finished the game.. cool game but I wish it was much longer.

5. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Fun game! UI is a bit cluttered.

Wish the White Home Swipe Bar on iPX would vanish away.

When I saw the patch mention iPX UI fix I thought that was what they fixed. However it’s still there.

The White Home Swipe just sitting there unnecessarily in game (not just this game) is a thorn in the side for me on the iPhone X.

Can devs make this disappear individually or it an Apple issue?

Anyway, blah blah blah... Still a cool game!

:D

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I read it's about high scoring once you've "finished it".

7. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Needs 2x time control.

8. Zarthorn

Zarthorn Member

May 15, 2017
    Finished the game on my first try. I really enjoyed it but wish it were longer.

Send scouts until you discover a cave, then finish the dungeon. You'll be able to open a new area and get 40/40.

9. Xigma Games

Xigma Games Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2016
    India
    Update v1.0.1 should take care of the most commonly encountered bugs, the few remaining bugs will be taken care of in the coming updates.
    It’s not possible for developers to remove the home swipe bar, in the last update we move the UI slightly higher due to that.

10. RazvanClau

RazvanClau Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Hi,

Is it challenging or do you simply go through the motions until you're done? The concept seems intriguing but if everything happens exactly in the same order (attacks, people showing up), the solution can be optimized with ease. I've been looking for something like this for a while but seems quite easy. Thoughts?

11. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    I only died once before beating it while figuring out the mechanics. I think your statement on going through the motions is spot on.

The game has great potential but needs more content. Perhaps fighting off other camps/civilizations, randomly generated locations, towns, etc.. just more stuff. The framework is there and works well.

12. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Short, but sweet. Nice presentation. Fun getting your village started, tho once you have enough well-armed guards it’s a bit autopilot. I’m not much of a score chaser, so I’m not sure when (or if) I’ll play again. That said, I really enjoyed it and think it was 4 bucks well spent.

13. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015

Ok. Thx for the clarification.

Hopefully Apple will address this thorn in the bottom!

14. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    #34 geoelectric, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    You can request that it be disabled, though, which grays it out and prevents accidentally swiping away from the app when trying to scroll your (overly long, frankly) button interface that’s right on top of it. The bright white of the non-disabled bar also messes with your aesthetics, especially at night, so graying it would be a clear improvement.

It’s the same or similar api to the one that disabled control center swipes in pre-X phones. You should look into that because it bit me multiple times trying to play this.

On another note, nighttime desperately needs a fast forward to combat/dawn option. It’s gruelingly boring at night once you have guards, and the biggest reason I probably won’t play this again until there are some QoL changes.

15. endem

endem Member

Aug 19, 2015
    But at the end of the dungeon I find a stone with marks and it just says that they were unable to decifer it. It should be that you can get an alchemist somehow, but I see of no way to make an alchemist.

If you liked Kingdoms, the game will please you for a while. Definitely easier, but has granular controls for the villagers. It has more potential than was realized in this version though.

16. Xigma Games

Xigma Games Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2016
    India
    Hi guys,
    We are very happy with the response we have received on the App Store so far. Thank you for the appreciation, support and feedback.

We will be releasing an update for The Bonfire with additional content that will add to the story, add iCloud support and general improvements.

17. wicro

wicro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Scotland
    That’s great too hear, I throughly enjoyed my brief time with the game. Stunning music by the way.

18. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Is it bad to lose a villager in this game during the night, should I restart the day or just carry on ?

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awesome news!

I'm definitely enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would.

Great to see that this was named TA's GOTW.
    Well deserved, IMO.

20. Zarthorn

Zarthorn Member

May 15, 2017
    To get an alchemist,
    send explorers on ships until they discover a civilization that sells ancient texts. Have a wise villager study the texts. After a while they become an alchemist.