iPhone The Creeps! HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RegularStormy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    It looks wonderful, and is up to the graphics standards that I have expected from you. The new selection screens are great.. Thanks for the fantastic update.

2. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #82 Bad Hanson, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    I hoped this day would come. I was put off buying the game until now due to the polish issues, glad I waited. This looks like a killer update very happy with the HD game. Thanks again and nice Job Stormy, Hope it helps sales.
    Update...I've been playing this for the best part of the day and had forgotten much fun this tower tower defence game is. The new menus and assets are great, love the mosaic tile level select, very swish, nice touch. I was looking to buy this particular game the day the iPad game came out -but now is the time to buy it with the new update having addressed the issues. Both this and Defender Chronicles HD are going to keep me happy for some time to come, and they are both quality games that I know I actually will play not just buy to sit on my iPad.

3. hellboy8x

hellboy8x Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    It looks owesome. I will buy it now!:D

4. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I am loving The Creeps in HD on the iPad! :) I just have one request:

Can you make the achievements unlockable in-game without accessing Game Center for users with OS 3 who can't have Game Center enabled?

Thanks!

5. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Given up & deleted. This version is now so woefully lacking in comparison to the iPhone version.

Used to be highly recommended, but now it's fallen to the wayside. Shame.

Next.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Sad, really. Regular Stormy used to be so involved. Like the guys from Drop 7 - even at their own forums - the replies are generally - yeah, we'll look at that, and months go by.... I guess it generates enough money, and not worth putting more time into it...

7. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Whats wrong with the hd version... Was close to buy it?

8. DJDJDJ

DJDJDJ Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Lack of support.

9. ataloss

Don't get us wrong. For a TD game, it's mechanics and style are amongst the best. However, the developer has chosen to focus on the iPhone/Touch versions which has a far greater range of levels and... well... general lifespan. :rolleyes:

But yeah, lack of support... amongst other things.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This is too bad because this game really looks nice on the ipad. I do wish the developer would add more content but it is also nice that the content in the HD version is exclusive and not just an HD version of the iphone game but that would be nice too. :)

11. I haven't dropped support for The Creeps! HD, but as some of you know, maintaining and updating The Creeps! is something I do in my spare time (which I have very little of). I actually have a full time job, and a very long commute (not to mention a wife to keep happy!).

I'm working very hard to keep all the variations up to date, but I'm the only programmer! The Holiday Edition is my current focus (I have St. Patrick's Day content on the way and I can't exactly make the world delay St. Patrick's Day because I'm not ready yet!). But I also have plans to update the original game with Retina Graphics, and plans for a large update to the Creeps! HD. I can't tell you exactly when any of that is going to be ready, but I'm working on it!

In any case, I appreciate everyone's patience!

12. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    You make money in your spare time? :p

Now with iPad 2 coming out, can we get some uber graphical effects? :D

13. ataloss

#93 ataloss, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    Hey RS...

...some would say you're a victim of your own success? ;) The Creeps series is excellent and I think anyone who's played any of them would say that. It's just there's no parity between the different versions. I bought the HD version under the assumption it would receive the same treatment that the iPhone/Touch versions have.

This is not a rant to say you have some kind of obligation to being additional content to the HD version, not at all. And every rational person would say that also. It's just a shame to see such an excellent product, on a platform with so much potential, just languish.

So, time is being spent on the holiday edition. Good. Bought it. Loved it. Always will. But how about using that time instead to readdress the imbalance we have between the platforms first, before bringing something new to your eager audience?

So, back to my original point. Sorry. I've given up. Really. I hope you can accept my apologies in terms of my directness.

14. patriot

patriot Member

Feb 12, 2011
  15. adamjones

adamjones Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Developer
    Simply superb :)

16. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    It does looks pixalated on here, but fun nonetheless!

17. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

I have The Creeps! for iPhone with some megapacks. If I'll buy iPad version of The Creeps will I be able to unlock (restore) all the packs that I originally bought for my iPhone?

18. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    No. Unfortunately, we never got any addin maps for the HD version.

19. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

That's a pity.

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've just downloaded the new update, I've bought level packs for The Creeps! on my iPhone, is there any way of unlocking them for The Creeps! HD without paying again?