iPad The Creeps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Thanks! Glad you like the game :) Yes, the company was named after my very loud Goffins Cockatoo and she became the mascot. But then later when we adopted an African Grey it seemed only fair to add him to the logo too! In real life he's the bigger one, but that wouldn't have looked right in the image :D

2. sambakat

sambakat Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Outside In

I'm not the one who posted the original question but thanks for the tips - I stumbled across this forum while googling for help w this level. Finally beat it (perfect, on Hard) today thanks to the above tips! Thank you!

a couple other details on how I beat it:
    - basic strategy is as outlined above.
    - those two pumpkins, when fully upgraded, WILL fire at enemies in the outer ring. At first I thought all enemies were out of range but actually the pumpkins do pick them up. But only when fully upgraded.
    - In this level you need to save some trunks/toys longer than you normally would, to help aim pumpkins at enemies that are out of their range. The two most critical trunks are the ones that help the right pumpkin and the center left pumpkin aim straight across the street (horizontal beam). I only finally beat the level when I almost completely avoided targeting those trunks to save them for Level 10 when they are critical for targeting the boss. If you really really need to use one of those trunks before then, use it just for a beam or two and then shift off of it.
    - By level 10 you need both those pumpkins fully upgraded, with the necessary trunks to aim them at the boss, plus a glue & a flashlight up top. The glue is critical. Sell the other pumpkins if you aren't at this arrangement yet.
    - I upgraded the pumpkin on the right asap and kept him aiming at the big goodies below him whenever possible to weaken those goodies for (much later) destruction. Once he was fully upgraded eventually I took him off those targets and let him run free for a few waves - he took care of business and I started taking out goodies on the left, & upgrading the center left pumpkin. Much later I took out the big goodies & was glad I'd weakened them.
    - Place a glue before you place a flashlight, and upgrade your glues before your flashlights. I got several glues fully upgraded before most of the flashlights were even off level 1 yet.
    - my final arrangement was: both the fully upgraded pumpkins still in place; on left, flashlight flanked by 2 glues; on right, flashlight with 1 glue; up top, two flashlights and a glue. I think you could have slightly different arrangements of this. The 2nd flashlight up top probably could have been a glue. I tried a flashlight on the bottom several times but it wasn't firing all the time, so instead I put a 2nd up top.
    - Don't make the mistake of selling the center left pumpkin to try to place another flashlight. You will regret it.

3. #443 RegularStormy, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
    The Creeps! 1.10.0 Out Now!

The next update for "The Creeps!" is available on the app store NOW!

Version 1.10:
    -Brand new Thanksgiving themed levels (TOTALLY FREE!)
    -Various bug fixes
    -iCloud support!! (requires iOS 5)
    *Scores, stats, badges, unlocked levels and unlocked level packs are all saved!
    *All your data is saved CROSS-VERSION. This means if you have The Creeps! on your iPhone and The Creeps! HD on your iPad (and both are running iOS 5), then your data will transfer between the two automatically! If you buy a level pack in one, it will unlock in the other!
    *For iCloud to work, you need both devices to be running iOS 5, iCloud needs to be enabled on both devices and you need to be signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on both. If you use Game Center, make sure you are signed in to Game Center with the same Apple ID on both devices. Both devices need to be running version 1.10 of whichever Creeps! game you have installed.

4. ondfisk

ondfisk New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Squarepegsquarehole hard

I have completed all levels to perfect but the Squarepegsquarehole from the Easter Megapack on hard.

Anyone care to give me couple of hints?

Thanks in advance.

5. minnelli10

minnelli10 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    How did you beat squarepegsquarehole on easy? I am having trouble with this board on easy :(

6. ondfisk

ondfisk New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Finally cracked Squarepegsquarehole yesterday.

Here's how to start:
    1. Build Boom! Erang to the right.
    2. Shoot the two flowers followed by the cones
    3. Upgrade the Boom! Erang as soon as possible
    4. Shoot the barbeques
    5. Build a Cupid's Bow to the left and shoot the flower
    6. Build a Pot O' Gold where the leftmost flower where
    7. Upgrade bow and pot fully
    8. Build a Cupid's Bow next to the Boom! Erang

Hope this helps.

7. sambakat

sambakat Member

Jan 11, 2011
    What level were you playing? (easy/medium/hard?)

8. sambakat

sambakat Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Stuck on just these last levels... any tips??

I have got Perfect on Hard on all levels except these:

- A Sticky Situation. The hints posted earlier, about clustering weapons near the bed, are not doing it for me...
    - Crystal Meadow
    - I Have The Power (I am soooo close on this one but the last boss always squeaks through.)
    - Boss Parade
    - Is It Windy Underwater
    - Squarepegsquarehole
    - Easy Does It

...anyone have any tips on any of these??

btw I just finally cracked This Little Piggy on Hard after realizing that you can raise up THREE piggies, not just two. If that helps anyone.

9. ondfisk

ondfisk New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Strategy works on all difficulties.

10. sambakat

sambakat Member

Jan 11, 2011
    The key to Sticky Situation!

I suddenly cracked A Sticky Situation on Hard! yahhhhhh.... so... I don't know if anybody else in the world is still reading this forum except me but: the key is when to deploy the spider on wave 40.

Somebody posted earlier that you gotta drag out time as much as possible to give the spider time to recharge between wave 40 and 45, and they recommended clumping all your weapons up by the bed. I tried that but the spider still wouldn't recharge by wave 45. Defeat defeat defeat. Then... brainwave... deploy the spider at the very end of WAVE 39, just when you are about to take out the last creep of wave 39. Then don't even use the spider at first, just pull 'er to the bottom of the screen and let all the little creeps at the beginning of wave 40 go by. Bring the spider into action only when the boss is getting in range of your weapons. The spider'll die pretty soon but not before it puts a gob of glue on your boss, and that's all you need. And now the spider will recharge right in the middle of wave 45, just in time to deal with the wave 45 boss. It'll also recharge in time for the wave 50 boss.

Weapons: masses of guns in the upper left by bed. Exactly one flashlight in the middle of the screen. Dat's it. You'll need 1 gun in the far right column early on to take out some goodies ... I sold it later to put another gun on the far left.

pix available.

11. Merry Christmas! New update, free levels!

Hey everyone, Merry Christmas!!
    The Creeps! 1.11 is out NOW!

It includes:
    *FREE new levels, with presents! Destroy the presents to get a free tower, or 50 sparks!
    *A whole new premium winter level pack with all new enemies! ($.99). If you have the All Access Pass, then you get this for free!!

*Various bug fixes
    *The game shouldn't freeze of for a second or two anymore!

12. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    #452 mlkaufman, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    Just purchased the new level pack in the creeps and I have run into two issues:

1) the first level of the level pack is locked so you can't play any of the purchased levels.
    2) I purchased it on my iPhone. Then I installed the iPhone version on my iPad and did restore purchases (which unlocked everything). Then I went to the hd version on my iPad and did restore purchase, and it didn't unlock the new paid levels.

Edit: never mind. I just force-quit both programs on the iPad and when I re-ran them both issues went away.

13. #453 RegularStormy, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    That's strange!! Glad to hear restarting the apps fixed it for you!

I'm not sure what #1 was about, but I'll try to find it and fix it in case other people are running into this issue.

#2 was because technically The Creeps! and The Creeps! HD are different apps and Apple doesn't support multiple apps sharing a single IAP (like a level pack). I've worked around it with iCloud... so your scores and purchases automatically share between all versions/devices. For people that don't know, there's another work-around to share purchases if you aren't using iCloud on all your devices. If you want those instructions, email me at [email protected].

14. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    This isn't working for me. I checked and iCloud is being used on my iPad and iPhone and I looked into my manage include and it is storing creeps data.

But, none of my scores/badges/unlocked levels are being moved from the phone to the pad.

Any ideas?

15. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the game on both devices (1.11) and that you are using the same apple id for iCloud on both devices. If one of the apps is the Holiday edition, you'll have to wait until a new version is approved, there was a critical bug found and I temporarily pulled it from the store. 1.11 and 1.10 won't talk to eachother through iCloud :/

16. mlkaufman

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago

I'm not sure how to tell the version number, but both versions are the core app and both include the Christmas mega pack so I think they are the same level.

Same iCloud on both devices.

-----

Wait.... while I was writing this email, I loaded the iPad version to look For the version number and now the scores are there. Perhaps it just took a while to sync.

Once again, never mind.

17. Heh, yeah iCloud is slow. It can take a few minutes :)

18. spain

spain New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Hi, I had the same issue with the new levels, I bought the new levels in the app and when I went to play they were blocked. I closed the game and restart and It worked.

I really enjoy these new levels as they are pretty hard compared from the older ones. :D Now I'm stuck in the "coming on strong" I can't pass it even in easy!

Btw, with this latest uptade the game stop freezing for seconds :D
    Thanks,

Miguel.

19. Pablovi

Pablovi Member

May 24, 2011
    The last level is just impossible, I can't even survive 10 rounds!

Does anyone actually gives advice in this place!!!

I have never received one!!!

20. docile

docile New Member

Dec 22, 2011
    I'm stuck there too & can't get past the 4th round! How did you get to 10??