iPad The Creeps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Yes it can. Many people use jailbreaking to pirate software, but others just want to run multiple apps at once or customize the appearance of the iPhone.

Whatever your reason for jailbreaking (legal or not), the programs installed during a jailbreak (well one in particular) can break your ability to legitimately purchase DLC. But once that program is uninstalled, a jailbroken iPhone can pay for DLC just like any other iPhone.

2. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    As I stated, I have a legit phone with 600+ paid for apps since day one.
    I don't steal.

I restarted the app and saw the "$" bouncing, I can only assume that finding the DLCs is a game in itself lol

got doorbuster #2
    I can't believe how unbalanced the easy levels are!
    I was a master at Creeps b4!
    What happened?!

3. I never accused anyone of stealing. I was merely pointing out that the software used to jailbreak a phone can prevent it from purchasing DLC (in any game, not just The Creeps!).

What do you mean? Do you think they are too easy? Too hard?

4. krazyfingerzz

krazyfingerzz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Net Admin/Professor/I play with gadgets!
    love it!

My kids make fun of me because I still play. Before there were new levels, I deleted the game so I could redo all the levels (and I cannot get a star in "a sticky situation," hard, or the one that's shaped like a pyramid, where you start with only a flashlight, also on hard). Anyhow, I bought the three dl and it's like all the Christmas presents I didn't get just arrived, lol. I did notice something that might explain why someone thought it wasn't as hard - the levels aren't set up like before. Meaning, the bosses used to come at level 10, 20, etc. Now it appears that this is random. For example, I was building up for a big boss barrage in the last wave of the first new map. There were no big bosses in that wave. Granted, I started clearing each map on easy (I don't move ahead until I get my gold star), so that may be the reason. I'm really loving the updates. I can honestly say this has been my most played game from the moment it came out, played just about every day. Keep the updates coming - I will keep paying!!!

5. #45 RegularStormy, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    Wow, that's really great to hear :)

Oh, the waves that bosses appear are not random, but they aren't always on 10, 20, 30 etc anymore either. Many levels have a lot more bosses than the classic levels ever had... so you really have to pay attention!

6. criistihr

criistihr Active Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Romania
    like i said in the my app store review, this game really is worth 4$, and considering I got the game for .99$ to pay for the DLC 3$ is ok.I hope that future updates are free but I wouldn't mind paying .99$ for future DLCs. Really nice game all in all, probably one of the best, it really suits the platform unlike some other crapps(fps's, rpg's etc). *I really think the devs should charge for extra content, after all all the nice extra content doesn't come from pixie dust actual people do actual work and guess what? They're paid with money for their work, money that has to come from somewhere...People bitching about paid dlc on any platform really should just be satisfied with the original content and move on, you got what you paid for in the first place, nobody ows you nothing just move on and don't buy. Good job guys

7. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    How so? I felt they balanced it just right. It may just be your technique at going about those levels.

8. ultimatehobo

ultimatehobo Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    ive stuck with this game through thick and thin and now we r rewarded with dlc. yay super squawk u guys rule not like other devs whose games lost hype and just gave up on it but you have still been updating even if it was not that popular.

9. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Man, I just picked up this game yesterday and I'm just loving it. Great job devs! :)

I was on the fence for the longest time as I'm normally not interested at all in tower defense/strategy games... but I really like this one. Haven't picked up the DLC yet as the basic content is keeping me busy, but it's very nice to know it's there.

10. ultimatehobo

ultimatehobo Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    great app but one problem. it sucks energy like a frickin junkie on crack or a fat guy when he sees a dozen doughnuts

11. tenchim86

tenchim86 Member

Aug 30, 2009
    @RegularStormy: I've got a jailbroken ipod touch and with cracked apps on it. I bought yours though as well as many other apps. Although I haven't purchased your DLC, DLC from other apps are working. I maybe purchasing DLC for the creeps in the next few days...

Also, I noticed that when I installed the update, my save file was wiped. Luckily, I saved a backup of the save using appbackup. Even so, I was wondering why the save file was erased. Thanks for an excellent app.

12. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Amazing update! I got pack 1 for a challenge.

Yeah, I noticed that. Makes the game a lot more fun. "WHAT? MINI-BOSS ON WAVE 2?!" :p

13. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Well I read the TA article. Yea, it does say difficult. Lmao I'm so used to only playin hard level, so when I can't beat easy, i'm freakin!

Ill work on technique.
    Thank god creeps is one of few games that has fast fwd ;)
    thanks guys!!

14. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    QUESTIONS:

1. Does this game still drain the battery quickly? I remember it was a battery killer.

2. Does anyone have a video of each DLC in action? (Suggestion to devs: make a preview video ala Fieldrunners so people know the difference between Dinosaur Danger and Dinosaur Doorbusters)

3. By saying 6 levels for each DLC, does it just mean 6 waves? Do we get new and different weapons in each DLC?

15. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    As a huge Creeps fan, the fact that the new levels are dlc is a HUGE disappointment.

16. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    #56 thewiirocks, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    I tend to play with the sound off, but it didn't put a serious dent in my battery. Extended play time of practically any game is going to drain your battery faster than expected, but that's a fairly normal iPhone issue. :)
    ________
    Shoichiro Toyoda

17. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Not really, The Creeps! has been well known as a battery drainer since its release. I remember it drained my battery almost twice as fast as Fieldrunners.

I love The Creeps! It's my first TD game and it remains my fave game, but doesn't mean I'm blinded by it ;)

18. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    #58 thewiirocks, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    Just giving my impressions. I played it for a few hours today and my battery meter is only missing a pixel or two. That doesn't seem at all abnormal to me. Defender Chronicles sucks battery a heck of a lot faster.
    ________
    Toyota hiace specifications

19. Around version 1.1 I did some major optimization that reduced battery usage by about 50%. It shouldn't be pretty good about that now.

20. #60 RegularStormy, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    1. It currently uses a about half the battery power it did in version 1.0
    2. I'm working on putting a video together. But Dinosaur Doorbusters is specifically for doorbuster mode. The other two level packs are for the standard Survival/Endurance modes.
    3. Each level pack has 6 unique maps. The number of waves is around 40 for most levels.
    [Edit: Forgot to answer the rest of #3... The level packs provide new maps and enemies, but no new towers.]

[UPDATE: Video is made :)]