iPad The Creeps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Thanks for your reply! And thanks for such a great game again!!

It's not my first ever TD game (I think it's the 3rd / 4th) but the first TD game which make me fall in love to the genre. According to many people in the many TD threads, I'm not alone, so congratulations because that's quite an achievement :)

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    gonna be playing me some DLC :)

after just finishing the last Survival level (Boss room blitz was crazy..)

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    #63 Adams Immersive, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    Thanks for the update.

But this version deleted all my past progress--I have to start over from the beginning! :eek: My zillion hours of high scores/achievements are gone, and all levels have re-locked. (In other words, this update took away a ton of levels I used to have :eek: Not DLC ones of course--just the standard ones re-locked unless I put in a lot of time to get them back.)

It doesn't sound like any kind of widespread issue, but FWIW it happened. Updates are starting to make me VERY nervous (the same thing happened a while back with Star Hogs). Once I've put in a ton of hours on a game, and then it's all lost, I lose the motivation go back and play that game any more: I'd rather play unbeaten levels than ones I'd already tackled.

Any ideas on why this happens? Is it game-specific, or is it some bug on Apple's end (as I fear) that can happen to any game? And most importantly: is there a way I can restore JUST The Creeps from backup, and not restore my whole phone? (Probably wishful thinking. But I'm not doing a full restore: that ALWAYS loses some app data, ever since OS 3.x. Seems like every time, one app at random loses everything.)

4. It shouldn't delete your scores or unlocked levels when you upgrade. It prompts you to import scores from any version older than 1.3.0 (before Agon was integrated) and automatically imports for upgrades from 1.3.0 or higher.

Please email me at [email protected]. I'd like to get more info and see if there's anything we can do to recover your scores (assuming you never actually deleted the app they should still be there). I just don't want to try doing technical support here on Touch Arcade :)

5. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    the 4th level in Dinosaur danger is hard I lost all 10 lives on the last wave. anyone have any advice?

6. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    is that "This Little Piggy" with all the banks?

7. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    yeps it is.

8. iPhoneUser

iPhoneUser Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    "Mucky Muck"?

Anyone pass this level yet? I haven't even been able to beat this on easy! Any tips?

9. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I dont EXACTLY recall but basically:

I only broke one bank early on to get a good flashlight near the middle. Then saved nearly all of my banks for the very last wave (paused it and built up my defenses). The spiders are excellent at defending against the bosses during the middle phases. Just watch their timing.

Not sure if this is real helpful. I can get more specific if need be.

(oh this was only EASY btw)

10. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    took me a couple tries but start with a star at the left of the door, that should clean out most of the enemies.

start breaking big crap with the flashlight, get the star maxed out. it should break the muck at the other end pretty quick. put another star there after improving your flashlight and glue to defend against bosses.

after that put a couple more stars in at the ends and clear the board.

11. iPhoneUser

Feb 24, 2009
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. So no piggy bank needed for this round?

12. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    not on easy
    those stars clear the grunts and the flashlight/glue wrecks the bosses

just put that star next to the door and be patient with it. it'll work.

13. iPhoneUser

Feb 24, 2009
    Thanks, that was enough to do it for easy!

14. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    #74 Shumby, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    yeah this one was hard I forgot...
    main suggestion: spider every tenth round (bosses).

I just got to level 39 without breaking a bank. :)

15. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    thanks, I'll try out your techniques

I've been playing on Normal. Hard must be impossible :eek:

16. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Sounds like a challenge to me. :)
    I'll aim for flawless hard. (prolly won't do it but still)

17. Every single level IS possible to earn a gold star on (Yes, even on HARD!!). Trust me, I made sure by actually getting gold on them all myself :cool:

18. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    wanna tell me exactly what you did for one of them :D cuz I'll never figure it out

19. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I'm only at wave 32 on that level and all my banks are full, I'm wondering if I should break them all now or upgrade

20. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Ok I agree with you now ;) Just got my last gold star on Hard Mode for level pack 1. Star power was by far the most difficult. It seems so easy, then levels 39 and 40 come and it's nearly impossible.

I actually found The Pitts to be relatively easy. But overall very well done!! Took many tries and lots of tweaking to solve each one without losing a life on hard. So thanks for a great game!!

On to level pack 3...