The Dark Knight Rises - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    ^ totally. Stop making snide, off topic remarks that just result in feathers ruffled. Trust me, I've made the same mistake and it's rude and not totally worth it.

2. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Uncharted was good, but not perfect. Rayman is awesome, and Wipeout is Wipeout, so I won't bother. No idea what Unit 13 is, UMC3 confuses me, since MVC3 was a launch title. Why did they have to pull the same crap again? Resistance: BS was exactly that, BS. A mediocre FPS that amounted to little more than a shooting gallery.

Dude, chill. Sanuku's got way more on you.

Yes, we are discussing The Dark Knight. Which we have little more than a trailer for. I wish there was something else, but until then, it's pure speculation.

And from what I've seen on these forums, and iTunes reviews, speculation can get a little... Demanding and ridiculous.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    ***meant "totally not worth it"*** sorry I'm on the app so can edit my posts.

4. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    #24 Taytay, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    I was saying that cause I have all three items & lol of course the vita wont have all those games but it will have assassins creed & need for speed most wanted ,& jet grind radio ,but my main point is my devices will at least have some decent titles to look forward to ,but of course this isn't the thread for that lets keep it on topic & hope the dark night will be if not a great game at least a decent one

5. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Anything Batman gets me excited, but anything Gameloft gives me instant pause for the sole purpose that I know it will be about a gig in size. :rolleyes:

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And cheesy voice acting, no updates and generic gameplay. But I'm still probably getting it :D

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well it looks great but I'm just worried that it'll feel too bare bones. I'm sure it'll max out the size because it's free roam huge but there's only so much you can put into a maxed out app size. Even then, some games don't turn out very well. But I do hope it does!

8. My app size is demolished as it is......and there are tons more games I want that will have a massive size....my wallet and iTouch are going to be drained by games like this

Anyway, definite purchase for me

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Okay I went on computer and I see it now! :) AND GODDAMN DOES THIS LOOK AWESOME OR WHAT?! :D So excited for this! And Gameloft seems to have stepped their game up: N3, The Amazing Spider-Man, Asphalt 7 and now this :)

10. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Like what exactly ?

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Think I'll happily delete all my other apps to make way for this and Assassin's Creed.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Pocketgamer confirmed through IGN that it's an open world :D instabuy if it's not freemium. Oh god please no freemium.

13. thezman

thezman Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I plan on introducing Gameloft to my little friend if this or Spiderman are freemium. :)

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well Spiderman is confirmed as being premium with iap to increase your combo power, but even that can be got through in game xp.
    So I'm assuming (hoping and guessing) that this will be the same.

15. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Gameloft with access to an IP like Batman and you don't expect it to be freemium? You're gonna pay for every last batarang

16. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I believe that all of gameloft's big games will be premium , just like nova 3 . I doubt that we'll see another DH 3 anytime soon .

17. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    There are a few things im hoping for 1-I hope the enemies are engaging meaning I hope they just don't stand around waiting for you to kick their a$$ cause its kinda silly when you see 4 thugs surround you & while your beating up 1 the others just stand there watching doing nothing. 2-I know it wont be alot but at least a few cool gadgets on my utility belt cause Batman ain't Batman without his utility belt. 3- please let me be able to bat dive cause I just love dropping in on enemies from up above like only Batman can,but all this is just hope we will have to wait and see

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes hopefully they learned from that. This is obviously a big game, highly doubtful its freemium.

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Looks great, it's kind of missing the free flow combat from the console games, but oh well.

Too bad this will most likely run terrible on an iPod, because supporting a device for one and a half years seems to be so difficult. :(

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #40 Rip73, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    Spiderman is as popular a brand as well and that's not going to be freemium.
    The only thing Gameloft have said about Batman, at their earnings call in March, was that it would have iap, nothing more.
    MIB 3 may have been freemium, but it's a completely different kind of game, more FarmVille with aliens and men in black.
    Spiderman is an open world fully 3d action game. This game also is a fully 3d open world action game.
    So yeah, definitely has iap. But freemium?? I'm gonna base it on the fact that if Spiderman is not going to be freemium, Batman ain't gonna take that shxt either.