Universal The Dark Knight Rises - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Charlielol69

Charlielol69 Member

Jul 28, 2012
    #541 Charlielol69, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
    OK, thanks to you the game is now even more fun!!! But does this work with The Bat as well?

2. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Yes. The Bat moves strangely though. When not moving, the left and right is reversed.

3. radnussrini

radnussrini Active Member

Sep 22, 2011
    They have good voice actors this time around it seems.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I was looking forward to playing around with the Bat, but the story mission where it is featured was horrible. The controls are awful, and I have no desire to play with it again or unlock it in free-roaming mode. I do enjoy playing around with the Bat-Pod, but I wouldn't get too excited about the Bat. You will probably be disappointed.

5. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    My feelings exactly. The Bat controls/handles terribly.

6. iharry

iharry Active Member

Jul 4, 2011
    wow, looks awesome!

7. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I've collected all the collectables and it's a glitch presumably because I have 35/30 blueprints (weird) and 31/30 graffiti but no rewards.

8. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yes, there are more than 30 blueprints and graffiti. I have collected these extra items too. However, they did turn red at the 30/30 mark and pay the rewards.

9. WarlordLex

WarlordLex New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Help!!!

Hi guys. This is a great game I highly recommend it to anyone but can anyone PLEASE clue me into where the bat cave is? Alfred says don't forget to stop by the bat cave to make sure you have gadgets and I can NEVER find it. Forgive my ignorance but is there a cave caller too?:p help me out guys!!

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It's near one of the bridges. The only thing that you can do here is to use the virtual training.

11. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    You can actually find the bat pod in the second mission (I think its the second), but don't unlock it for free play until later, I guess. I did not find it - I went zipping around until I got the the stock market place, and triggered that mission. I did see my friend driving it around while he was looking for the stock market. Made me jealous, and makes me want to replay that mission just to drive it (and drive it into things...).

12. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I'm at level 48 now with character almost maxed now and still haven't rescued a stolen vehicle (Impounder Achievement). I set charges on the vans but haven't seen a civilian car to grapple onto.

Anyone else get it?

13. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Try looking for carjackings as you are gliding around the city. That is how I found two of them happening.

14. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Better than the Amazing Spiderman game if I only buy one?

15. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    You have to start over to get it. When Aldred tells you to go to the bat cave at the start of the game, look to your left. There should be a vehicle there with a blue diamond marking it. If not, quit the game and reload it and the vehicle will definitely be there. That's the only place I've ever seen it. You have to glide towards it then grapnel onto the roof of the car (the car will start moving when you get close so make sure you get it right) then a sort of cutscene with QTEs happens. HTH

16. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You must have put many hours into the game to reach level 48! I'm at level 43 and I've been playing a lot.

I think there could be a bug with the stolen cars for some players. I've seen lots of vans, where you swoop down and plant a charge on the roof. I have also encountered many stationary cars (muggings?) where you smash down on the roof of the vehicle, but like you I haven't seen a civilian car to grapple onto.

17. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #557 Candykiller, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    Good point - I haven't replayed those early levels. I will give this a try later. thanks for the tip.

Update - That worked. I didn't know this was the only instance of a hijacked car in the game. I was looking out for stolen cars in free-roaming mode.

18. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Cool. Will replay that chapter tonight. One more Achievement I'm trying to get is the glide at max speed for 10 seconds. I've tried it from the top of Wayne Tower and via the air vents but haven't gotten it.

19. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    The pit is displayed horrible in this game. The intro movie/slides I like but the mission itself just did not come close to the feeling it had in the movie.

20. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Also, is there a way to fix the grey gadget bug? Id love to use some smoke bombs or flashbangs.