Universal The Dark Knight Rises - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I can't figure this one out either. You can dive straight down from the top of Wayne Tower to achieve max speed then veer off upwards slightly to maintain speed and gain more distance. I still can't last as long as 10 seconds before reaching the ground though.

2. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Just a guess, but perhaps this is what the Cloak Glide Time upgrade is for?

3. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I have the Cloak Glide Time fully upgraded. It enables you glide longer in general but it doesn't help with the max speed gliding. That's where Batman tucks his arms in to the sides of his body and flies Rocketeer style.

4. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Yep. Cloak attributes don't help this.

5. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    How do you get batman to glide like that? Sometimes it randomly happens but I have no ideas how to do it.

6. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #566 Candykiller, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Jump off a tall building and press (and hold) straight down and he will go into max speed gliding.

7. GSJ1977

Jul 6, 2012
    Hmm. Did you start the glide with Batman's swan dive move?

8. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That is the problem. You have to maintain the swan dive move for 10 seconds. (as far as we know)

9. GSJ1977

Jul 6, 2012
    Well, no, you have to maintain the max speed for 10 seconds, which is not the same thing. Swan dive is not the only method of starting to glide. Either way (swan dive or normal) will get you to max speed. I just wondered if you were starting with a normal glide instead of a swan dive.

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Have you managed to get the Speeding Bullet II achievement? Speeding Bullet I (Maintain maximum gliding speed for 5 seconds) was easy enough, but it feels like I have tried every form of diving and gliding, and I can't get the other one.

The odd thing is, I don't usually care about achievements in games but for some reason I feel compelled to get them in TDKR.

11. GSJ1977

Jul 6, 2012
    I also don't bother with achievements :)

I just tried it and couldn't get it. I tried both a normal glide turned downwards and a swan dive off Wayne Tower, but neither one gave me the achievement. Knowing GL it wouldn't surprise me if there was a bug!

12. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    How can you reach 185 meters for the achievement higher ground II

13. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I got it by flying off the top of the Wayne Tower and heading for this building, then use the fan on top to gain more height. You should be able to reach a height of 190 meters or more.

http://www.candykiller.com/temp/heightachieve.jpg

14. GSJ1977

Jul 6, 2012
    Did you try turning downwards after that for Speeding Bullet II?

15. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I did. It didn't work. :)

16. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Just throwing my bit in here then I'll probably never come back to this thread (no offence intended guys)

I love this game.

Very good purchase , well worth the money. Fun to play , very engaging. It's fun being Batman / controlling this person with amazing martial arts ability.

But what blew me away is the battery life. I'm on an iPod touch 4th generation so I can't really play games that take up a large amount of memory. I've found that with certain large games (I'm looking at you IB) they either crash my iPod as it runs out of memory or they drain the battery to the point where I need to keep them plugged into a charger to play.

Not this one.

The plan was to "play 30 minutes while in bed and put it down". I kept playing. And kept playing. And playing. Until the "your battery is running low you have less then 20% battery left" alert come up.

*checks the time*

O_O 3 hrs later ? Da faq!

Silky smooth through an estimated 85% of the game. There were a couple of points where the cinematics loaded kinda slow so all I could see was a black screen but otherwise it never crashed once.

And 3 hours to go from a full charge to 20 % . Daaang.

PS I've add a version of these comments both to the TA review as well as on the iTunes Store page. I usually never do that (mostly because the interface for doing so is confusing on the App Store on my iPod)

17. Tatsunoshi

Tatsunoshi New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Actor, Author, Indian Chief
    Kyoto, Japan
    "Speeding Bullet II" can't be gotten by diving off a building AFAIK. You'll need to use the exhaust fans that boost your height in a creative way. The easiest way is to go to the top of Wayne Tower (the helipad) and then look around for the highest nearby exhaust fan-it's pretty close to Wayne Tower. Glide/grapple over to it and stand on it. Hit the 'glide' button and you'll gain height-then comes the tricky part. You need to turn in the tightest circle possible while still pressing up to reverse your glide and hit the air draft from the same exhaust fan again. Do it right, and you'll shoot up to a height well over 200 meters-I reached 218 on mine (by contrast, I believe Wayne Tower is the tallest building around at 171 meters-almost the same as the top of the clock tower). Once you've maxed your height, dive (by pressing down) and you'll get the achievement (assuming you don't land on another rooftop or an elevated road, so you might have to tweak direction just a bit on the way down). I'm thinking a dive from anything over 200 meters would probably do the trick, but of course I can only say that 218 does it for sure. It ended up being almost the last achievement I needed (except for the level 50 one and the associated 'max character' one).

18. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    It kinda sucks you are forced to spend money to get all the achievements. There is an achievement for buying the tech premium pack.

19. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for that. Got it! I didn't think about using the fan twice. I reached a height of 232 meters.

20. Swiftshark

Swiftshark Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Ditto! This was my last achievement. Woot!