Universal The Dark Knight Rises - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 19, 2012.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This game is seriously underrated when you can grab it for 1 buck.
    Batman just free roam the city is already worth the buck, let alone combat and story and other systems.
    people can't really compare this with arkham city due to the huge price gap.

2. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    how?
    it's better than backstab in most aspects.
    better modeling, better lighting effect, fluent gameplay and bigger open world.
    well, backstab has more things to do, it's a big disadvantage to TDKR.
    but what can we expect? it's batman. we can't let him kill some zombies, or racing with friends? go find a hooker? maybe catch some thieves and eat a hamburger.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Got this during the $.99 sale and have just one question. How much does this spoil the movie? Had wanted to see it in theaters after loving the first two movies, but just never got to it so am anxiously awaiting the Blu-Ray release.

Wondering how much of the movie's plot drives the game in terms of spoilers.

4. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    If you want to go spoiler-free, then do not play this before you see the movie. While the ending is very different from the movie, there are still some very important (and powerful) moments that the game does spoil. Wait and see the movie first (we're only two months away from the blu-ray release, anyway).

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for warning me! It's going to be a long two months. Not really because I care about playing the game that much, but because I've been dying to see the movie.

6. I was just about to start playing this and then amazing spiderman went on sale, which one should I play first? Which one is quicker to beat?

7. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I am in the same boat mate.:p

8. Same problem here, I just kept on playing the game....luckily I don't know how to access the last mission of chapter 2....noob moments :p

9. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Need some help, please.

I am stuck in the open world with no clue on what to do next.

I just followed the truck and blew up the 4 packages

Any ideas?

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    There should be some kind of indicator on the main map as to where you go next.

I can't remember off top of my head where you are in the campaign so if you give me the mission number, I'll go back and check it.

If you're purely on open world and not in the campaign mode, you simply travel around until another random mission pops up.

But checking the full map, not the mini map indicator, should give you where the next missions are.

11. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I got nothing man

I will float around a bit and see what turns up

12. ATPIphone

ATPIphone New Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Physician
    Belo Horizonte - Brazil
    Tech Investor

Hello. How can I unlock the archievement Tech Investor? Thanks!!!

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm stuck on Chapter 3 Mission 1. It's the one where you have to defuse some bombs on a building before they explode. No matter what I do I always run outta time and they explode. Help please? What am I doing wrong?

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just bought the DVD combo pack and decided to replay it on iPhone & iPad. I forgot how much mindless fun this game is! A lot of people seem to get bored with the Repetative combat, but being that I love grinding in RPGs, this is a perfect action adventure for me. There's nothing better than flying around Gotham and beating a couple baddies while I wait for Final Cut to render.

If you're not in need of complex gameplay, and you enjoy massive open worlds and all things dark knight, give this a go. It would have cost $40-50 if released 10 years ago on the PS2. And it wouldn't have looked as good then as it does now... On my phone!

15. Rushil

Rushil New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Nothing
    India
    U should defuse them before they explode and by the guys I need help too I. Bought the bat caller when I call the bat it does not appear on map help me

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Love it or loathe it, this one is. And i personally love it. We dont have much freedom in action adventure titles on the iOS, and this one is actually pretty good.

17. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I was wrong about this game.

Not sure why I decided to give it another go this weekend but I'm glad I did. Once I got past the one button combat I started to really enjoy it - loads to do and see, lots of fun, great open world! The graphics and atmosphere (even the voice acting) are top notch. Definitely one of Gameloft's best. They obviously put a lot of effort into it.

Impressed!

18. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    I hope this goes on sale Monday, I got enough for one 99cent app and this is all I want. But it might not happen but would be great if it did!

19. ios gamer365

ios gamer365 Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    This enable the screen to rotate?

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If you mean can you turn your device through 180 degrees and the screen will rotate around, yep it can do that.
    It opens in a default with the home button on your left but I always rotate device around to have home button on right hand side so as not to have hand covering the speaker.
    It self adjusts at that stage.
    Hopefully I got what you meant right.