The Dark Meadow - Unreal Engine FPS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Jul 15, 2011.

1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    It is on rails. There was some speculation that some free roam is available but probably not.

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Even if it is completely on rails, it's an instabuy for me, ( just on graphics alone.) Also, hopefully the narrator is involved in the story.

3. Hed Candy

Hed Candy Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Loving the visuals on this - Looking really atmospheric. Cant wait to have a go!

4. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    #124 altair77, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    This game has multiplayer!How is it possible to be on rails....get serious

EDIT:Wrong threat LOL i thought i was on Warm Gun threat lol

5. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    will this work on ipad1? universal?:confused:

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

"The Dark Meadow is equal parts combat and adventure. The game opens with the player awoken in a filthy hospital bed, in an equally filthy and dilapidated room. As players explore the hospital and its surrounding grounds, they will discover newspaper clippings, diary entries, letters, and other environmental details that tell much of The Dark Meadow's story."

The game's combat system is reminiscent of Infinity Blade or a slower-paced Punch-Out. When a monster materializes up the corridor players have a chance to take some pot-shots with their crossbow (via a 'pull back and fire' touch screen gesture) before hand-to-hand combat is initiated. Enemies telegraph their attacks by "winding up" to the right or to the left. Players then need to dodge in the corresponding direction, and follow up with a flurry of counter-attacks by slashing their touch-screen.

After battle players earn EXP and Gold, like a traditional RPG, and after leveling up players can boost a few basic stats (Defense, HP, Melee Attack, that sort of thing). New weapons and equipment can be purchased at any time via the game's main menu.

At its core, The Dark Meadow is essentially a tweaked version of Infinity Blade's one vs. one combat system, wrapped up in a more meaningful and mysterious setting & storyline. It would have been great if the first-person exploration was used to introduce puzzle-solving elements , or if players could manage an inventory beyond an ever-growing collection of swords and crossbows. As it stands, the game is basically a series of similar-feeling one-on-one fights, punctuated by the occasional opportunity to loot drawers and cabinets in safe rooms.

http://uk.wireless.ign.com/articles/119/1197575p1.html

7. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I still enjoy having a go, a round or two through Infinity Blade's universe.

Sure the sparkle, or luster has worn off a bit - but Infinity Blade is still as enjoyable and engrossing today, as much as it was months ago.

Dark Meadow seems to follow the formula, while adding new chemistry to the concoction. A dark and brooding formula, intoxicatingly simple and exotic all the same.

Phosphor Game's Dark Meadow is one potion, on launch I'll gladly drink up.

The IGN impression, doesn't reek more of the same...but a diversion from the strict adherence - a much creepier, seedier and melodramatically enhanced Infinity Blade, I await.

8. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    how much will cost iphone and ipad version?

9. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida

What is Warmgun?

10. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  11. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    why noone talk about this game?

12. zippoz

zippoz Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    It's out now in new zealand, meaning it will be out in uk, us and eu at midnight :)

13. Shootingstar

Shootingstar New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Just bought it for iPad one, it runs great and looks about as good epic citadel and infinity blade. Story seems interesting so far but one drawback to me is the amount of fighting involved. No bugs or crashing, so far I think its worth it