The Dark Phantom: Dawn of Darkness (by Pardis Game Studio) [Unreal Engine 3]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, May 21, 2013.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    I just watch the trailer again and man, the animation and ragdoll are awesome. I really hope this game will get release soon. This is coming from unknown developer and i think this is their first game. Its good to have an indie with talent.

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Holy Epicness

3. alisahaf70

alisahaf70 New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    #63 alisahaf70, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Hi
    my name is alireza sahaf and i'm the programmer of the dark phantom game(PC Version)
    first excuse me for my bad english :D my native language is persian and i cant speak english well
    i found this topic in google and come here to answer your questions
    1. this game has two version. mobile version and PC Version (mac too)
    the video that you seen is from PC (windows) Version
    2. we can release the Pc Version To ios but its not so good because in pc you have mouse and keyboard and on mobile you just have a touch
    in mobile version we made a new input system and with this system you can play the game with just one finger and you can switch from covers, blind shot, full aim shot, throw the grenade,QTE and more
    and because of this system we change the game play for mobile version but the graphic and the levels are same with pc version
    currently our focus is on the pc version because we must finish the game in this summer (august) after that we going back to ios version and we will release a trailer from ios version.

again sorry for my bad english :D
    thanks every one

4. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Same graphic! That is what I am actually waiting for! :D

5. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    Noooooooo, not one finger swipe...it will totally change the whole gameplay. Why not take a control layout from gameloft? They're best at this. Pleaseeeee, i want to experience the whole pc version gameplay on ipad/iphone.

Ps. No watered down graphics on ios? Are you sure that iphone 5/ipad 4 are able to handle the same graphics? Or you're pointing for the next apple's a7 device?

6. alisahaf70

alisahaf70 New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    #66 alisahaf70, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    we can set control layout same as gameloft but we think simple controller has a better feeling but we examine all feedbacks from all communities and then we decide which one is better (or may be if its possible we let the player choose the controller layout from settings (i don't know its possible or not because i am in pc version team not ios team))
    we are testing mobile version on ipad2 and ipad2 has a good performance (30 fps without optimization)
    we just recompile shaders for mobile and the difference between mobile and trailer is not too much and almost the same (just particle system and characters must be simpler) and lights are bake on objects and we don't use dynamic light too much this parameters give ability to us to show almost same graphic with pc on mob) you can see real mobile graphic in mobile trailer after pc version release.

Plz support us in steam greenlight if you like our title:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=152623386

7. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran

dude im so glad to see you here, btw you can introduce yourself to our persian friends and talk more about your upcoming game there:

http://forum.i-os.ir/thread23518.html

thank you

8. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    sounds like tap-tap games i always prefer d-pad to tappping games :confused:

i want joystick :)

9. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    yeah well im really looking for joystick controls and if you mine please set this to your control settings in order to select it,with adding new controls you can select each one you want to play and same as gameloft,they always put serveral controls for various peolpe.

10. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    This!

I am looking forward to this game!

11. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Sorry, but this kind of control scheme is just boring. There are Max Payne, Modern Combat, Nova with touch-aim sterring and they are fun to play.

12. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i think majority here prefer the d-pad over the tap controls. i hope their ios team will hear our voice here.

13. alisahaf70

alisahaf70 New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    again thank all for feedbacks
    i forwarded your feedbacks to ios team and they will decide about that but i think they will accept your feedbacks and change the controller to gameloft style.
    plz notice that we are currently focus on pc version and after that we will continue ios version and in this delay its best time that you tell us your feedbacks and we will collecting them and then apply them when we start working on ios version

thank you so much

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Please imclude a on screen joystick. No tap to move stuff pleaseeeee

15. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I second this. Bladeslinger was borderline unplayable, and it was an action game.

16. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    tap to..... what?? one hand control?? did this type of control ever work for an ios game?! seriously..... why would someone think that a game we play on pc with a controller with like 15 buttons or somithing... can be playable on ios with one finger..? ok please just please make an optional gameloft-like scheme!!

17. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Guys, read this statement again:

18. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    oops!! sorry my bad! i hope they will!!

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    An "official" statement about looking at alternative control schemes has already been issued by alisahaf70 (one of the developers) in this thread. There's no point in pestering the developers about it anymore guys.

20. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    Looking forward for this game and thanks for listening.:)