Universal The Drowning - (by Mobage, Inc.) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    #141 Wikilix, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    I'm just curious how many areas their will be. I've already unlocked the motorcycle and am currently working on the car and this has unlocked 5 areas so far.
    And sorry for that 'patients' 'patience' thing, I'm on an iPhone with a life proof case on and typing is Hard to accomplish.

2. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    #142 twistedmind87, Aug 1, 2013
    If anyone owns the last dev build or any dev build DONT DELETE IT!! You can modify the plst to work on all the devices mentioned with a few adjustments and more importantly ALL yes ALL counters do no function :)

Luckily I completed it twice over while in 'development' this released version blows. *Removed*

Reference to dead trigger is spot on, small one - two minute arena maps, rinsed and repeated. Without any timers on the dev model, I completed EVERYTHING in under 10 hours and that is being generous. Perhaps 5 hours is more realistic.

Hundreds of hours? Yes you are right... If you include the wait time this game will take hundreds of hours to complete! :p

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #143 TheEvilRobot, Aug 1, 2013
    Wait, so the devs could have made this able to run on ipod 4 and they chose not to?

If that's the case, my rating is going back down to one star, not that 2 stars is that much better :p

4. I was excited til it said soft launch.

5. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    What is a soft launch?

6. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    The dev build was iPad only, however it played on the iPhone 4S and 5, the iPad 1-4 and mini and Touch 5th gen. The dev states they added this but the app was always compiled for this, the game actually uses all iPhone textures and upscales for iPad. I believe the build was based on a 4S so I can't comment on the Touch 4th Gen. It did function on my 4S and recent i5 though, despite being 'iPad only'

I believe the problem with the 4th gen is memory. Although the drowning never pulled huge figures for memory usage when I had it and if it plays on the iPhone 4 then yes it should play on the 4th gen iPod.

What happens when you try to load it?!

7. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Do you have a quote? I couldn't find that statement.
    I did find this, which seems to contradict what you wrote:
    Also
    Not saying I agree or disagree with this sentiment, but this isn't going to happen. Asking for IAP to remove timers or for a separate paid version is like asking for a unicorn. Really wasting your energy typing out requests like that.

8. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    If you PM me tomorrow I will reply with how to edit the plst to enable iPod 4 support if it is excluded from the plst file. If it works then yes the dev has disabled it for some reason, perhaps it was unstable however in my opinion, yes it should work and should play fine....

9. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    #149 twistedmind87, Aug 1, 2013
    Unfortunately I can not find a quote either, however this is the only games app / forum I use so it was here somewhere. Anyway ill edit the post.

10. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    #150 twistedmind87, Aug 1, 2013
    *edited*

11. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    Thanks - I agree with you. Just a shame that the released version is so timer and iap based. I can't play it like this, and with no improvements over the last dev build I don't see any reason to update if you have the dev build to hand :)

12. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    No thanks. I don't want to do anything bad.

I was just wondering if they made it able to Run on iPod 4.

13. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Hah hah! This made me lol. I played the intro and thought. Alright, I like the controls. Then got the mobage screen... 'Uh-oh' then the very next screen was just a page of cluttered 'unlock this weapon' 'find more parts to craft' and 'get rare and powerful weapons'

At that point, I came here to check if it worth working out what that all meant.

No, from what I'm seeing here. Thanks for the impressions!

14. twistedmind87

Apr 21, 2013
    Not to worry. My answer would be yes it will run and could run but it will likely be unstable in less than optimum environments. More than likely why it wasn't included.

15. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    That's a good reason I guess. Why did apple make the ipod 4 so weak? I heard the ipod 3 is stronger.

16. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    The games spacing between the buttons sucks money balls....more often then not am finding that am switching weapons rather then shooting..... (iPhone 5) don't know how the spacing is like on a iPad am assuming better?

But it would be nice for an option to manually place the reload and shoot and other buttons

17. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    to be fair injustice is just tap tap tap kill enemy...real racing is just racing to the finish line over and over and solstice is just attack the oracle until u win....it's not the repetitiveness that's the problem because most mobile games are just the same thing over and over. I bet if they removed the timers everyone e would be praising this game lol

18. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Lol because the game doesn't work on ur device ur giving it a low rating.....is it safe to assume u never even played the game?

19. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Well, pushing roughly 4 times the pixels isn't exactly an easy task... Ever hear of hardware limitations? Don't you think if apple had the choice the iPod 4g would have been stronger? Everything costs money and you have to make a profit

20. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    None of the three games I mentioned are even close to being as repetitive and simplistic as this. Sure, Injustice is a fairly simple swipe fighter with timers but it needs some level of timing and skill, and it's got the card collection in between bouts, which actually has an effect on the main gameplay very quickly. So far The Drowning, for me, has been: stand in one place - shoot enemies - run to the other side of the level - turn 180 - repeat until time runs out. Then do it again until your energy drains. That's not an opinion, it's a statement of fact. There was absolutely no reason to do anything else and pretty much nothing else to do anyway. Upgrading the starting pistol 5 levels had no noticeable effect.

And the second set of levels has enemies you can only kill with a weapon the game tries to get you to buy with premium currency, enemies the game outright tells you that you need to kill to score higher. It's freemium nonsense, end of story. If you think everyone would be praising this to the skies without timers, you're kidding yourself, plain and simple.