The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jdragoon19, Nov 8, 2011.

1. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    That does earn you an achievement, but it's not the only way to get it. What weapon you are talking about, is the mace of molang bal, and it is a daedric artifact. I have 9 of them.

2. Zenkunta11

Zenkunta11 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Wasn't trying to spoil anything....

3. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    ?
    I would have thought spoiling the game would have been telling everyone what happened in the main quest line.

4. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    Last I played was early dec, upto 180 hours with 1 char, having trouble finding things to do tho :(

5. Zenkunta11

Zenkunta11 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    I know but I meant like I didn't want to tell him what weapon he would get, and that it was a daedric artifact.

6. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Eh. I know a way better daedric artifact, anyway.

The best (and it's actually very funny what happens) is:
    The best daedric artifact, and easily the funniest quest I've seen, is the one in the drinking contest. It summons a dremora to fight for you for 60 seconds.

Well, that's my favorite one. If you want to know how to do it, then either PM me or search it on google.

7. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    So I ordered this from amazon. I big all adieu as you won't be seeing me for about 4 months.

8. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Bah... f*cking Vampirism. I feel so bad when I need to feed on people :(

At the same time though, I like the effects it gives me. But I am about ready to abolish this non-sense. hahaahah

9. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I've killed thousands of vampires and I haven't got vampirism yet!

10. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    I have skyrim and am level 36, and have played for 35 hours. How long does it take to finish all of the game (guilds and main quest and side quests)?

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    The first cave of vampires I discovered gave that Sanguinare Vampiris shit to me, and I didn't even know, till randomly I started seeing my Health and Stamina teetering back and forth dramatically during day and night, and seeing tinges of blood in my vision and seeing things like "You feel a strange thirst as the sun sets." and I was like... "What the hell, am I turning into a f*cking vampire?!" hahahahaah

It takes exactly 289 hours, 54 minutes, and 32 seconds to absolutely finish everything. :D

(totally not serious btw)

12. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm on 94 hours and haven't finished the thieves guild and mages guild. But I do have the best weapons in the game.

13. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Are you a werewolf? Vampirism counts as a disease and you can't get diseases as a werewolf.

14. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    I done main, all guilds and most if not all side quests, takes around 150 hours, but I spent hours hunting and smithing to get my smithing to 100

15. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Ohh. Never thought of that.

16. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    64 hours - Level 37 - only done 71 of the 244 quests in the game.

This game is sick good. Possibly the best game I've ever played - even with its few hick ups and missed gameplay features. The bugs are very little compared to other games in the series and they have added most features that have been anticipated for a long time.

But there should be a knockout system like in Thief or Deus Ex - using a billy club as well as poison darts/arrows. Hiding bodies should work like it did in the Thief series as well - pick up a body over your shoulder and move it out of sight.

I wish there was a hard core survival mode where not only would you have to drink, eat and sleep to survive but the extreme weather and terrain would also be a threat - some rivers could be fatal. Fast travel should be limited to carriage or boat and item/people quest markers would be taken off screen and map.

Other than that it is hands down the best in the series, and quite possibly the best free roam roleplaying game made since Ultima 7.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  18. Merachan

Merachan New Member

Jan 25, 2012
    LOL. I don't know why I like all the funny videos based on Skyrim. I guess it's the epic music and the hilarious visuals that does it for me.

19. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Level 53... 102 hours. Nearly got every achievement except for 100,000 gold and the thieves guild guest (return to former glory).

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    By the way, I finished the quest, lol. Can't say it was freaky at all though..I was expecting maimed zombies and ghosts or something. I like the weapon and achievement though.