The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Jdragoon19, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

#141 Foozelz, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    Modded my game to have twice as much fun.
    Even though it takes out some fun, it's more fun to run around and shout at everyone and they can't kill you.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah, maybe in like Grand Theft Auto. *snarks*

On a more serious note though, that sounds incredibly boring lol!

3. Zenkunta11

Zenkunta11 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    you didnt find the house creepy at all?:)

4. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    the house was creepy - but not scary. But then again I grew up on games like the System Shock and Thief series.

-----

On a separate note:

I still wish Bethesda would allow me to play a non-lethal character - I should be able to knock people out.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I guess it was creepy. Finding the guy to be a statue was a little anti-climactic though, lol. Wacking the priest over and over was pretty lame too. I thought some kind of soul-sucking was going to happen.

6. Duke Floss

Mar 12, 2010
    English Roundabout
    when I first found the house I figured there would be rooms to nowhere, bleeding walls, etc.

7. Zenkunta11

Zenkunta11 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    hes not actually a statue, he is just speaking through it. Also it only creeped me out because i was slightly... in the sky and it was really late :p

8. Duke Floss

Mar 12, 2010
    English Roundabout
    :cool:

It is creepy - it's just not scary. After the initial seconds of weirdness when you enter the house you realize that you are not in harms way and it takes away the tension.

I also found the representation (statue) of Molag Bal was excellent - very fitting for the ES universe. However I just wish the quest and level design were more imaginative. They could have set it up to be a longer quest through the house with bleeding walls, etc. as I said before - but sometimes that is expecting a little much from Bethesda when the rest of the game is so large and excellent.

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #149 backtothis, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    Just saved for the 100th time in Skyrim. Level 16 High Elf mage atm with 27 hours in the game. Doing the last mission of Thieves' Guild right now. Which side-quest should I do next (which is the most fun/interesting)?

Edit: Doing College of Winterhold since I'm a mage and all. Shouldn't take as long as the Thieves' Guild I'd think.

10. Firebird2002

Firebird2002 Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It doesn't but I will admit that it was not my cup of tea.
    I loved the Dark Brotherhood quests.
    Dark Brotherhood had a very good story line that ties with thieves guild for an epic sensation.

11. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Heh, I saved 300 times. 120 hours of gameplay, completely finished game.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #152 backtothis, Feb 3, 2012
    Damn, nice. Looks like you definitely enjoyed the game then xP.

Already on the second to last mission for College of Winterhold. Just hit 31 hours. Can't believe how much Skyrim I played today. Leveled up three times today in the five hours or so that I quested. 72 destruction now! 43 heavy armor and 42 lock-picking. Everything else is under 30, lol. Picked my first master-level lock today :D. Dual-casting fireball killed a Blood Dragon in 7 shots since I'm only level 18, lmao. Don't even bother with Dragonrend anymore. The "Call Dragon" shout is pretty awesome when you're facing a shitload of enemies outside. I was fighting and the Blood Dragon and the ten Anomalies for the quest at the same time, and my dragon made short work of them very quickly.

I generally keep my shout set as "Fire Breath" though. I only have the first word since I don't want the recharge time to get any longer. It's a nice supplement to my spells since it pretty much grants me a one-hit kill every 30 seconds. I've yet to use "Storm Call." It sounds pretty destructive though.

Roommate is playing Skyrim too atm..He's at 21 hours already and this is his 5th time playing Skyrim..I started mid-December -_-..

Edit: The game definitely doesn't feel overwhelming anymore. There's a LOT of content, but the game isn't very complex at all like I thought it to be in the first 10 hours. Very manageable.

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

when you say that what do you mean?? as in story and guilds, every quest, every single dungeon..... its a very vague statement when talking about TES.

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #154 LBG, Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah I doubt that you finished absolutely everything in the game in just 120 hours.

I'm at 154 hours and I'm nowhere near completion of everything in the game. I haven't even finished the main story quest line. I'm a few quests into the thieves guild and I haven't started the mages guild. I've completed the dark brotherhood and civil war quest lines, and apart from completing some other small quests, and exploring, hunting, mining, crafting etc, that's all I've really done so far.

At my pace, I think it'll take me 500 - 1000 hours to complete absolutely everything.

edit - btw, my character is a level 40 Nord named Víðarr.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just finished College of Winterhold, sweet. Didn't take long at all, and it gave me some pretty awesome mage equips. Going to do Dark Brotherhood next. I expect that to take quite a while though. Probably as long as Thieves' Guild and College of Winterhold combined?

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I found the Dark Brohood didn't take that long to complete...

Though I haven't finished any of the others, I finished DB in a morning.

17. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Dark brotherhood took me around 7 hours, I did it on another profile just to get it over and done with.

18. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    #158 TakenXXDeadly, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Every guild and every achievement.

You must have pretty bad weapons. Ive got weapons that do 90+20 fire damage, and I kill everything in my way with one or two hits. As I said, completed every guild and over 150 dungeons cleared. I completed the main story line in a couple of hours. Got every single shout, completed 60 misc quests, 12 side quests and all daedric quests and so on.

Also, it gets boring after you get every achievement and the best weapons and armor etc. I have storm, flame and frost thralls. I've got 100 in smithing, conjuration, healing, destruction, one handed, two handed and heavy armor.

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh, I guess DB won't take me that long after all then. Thieves' Guild took me around 6-8 hours, so around the time then. Hope it'll be fun.

Yeah, LBG, I think you're definitely taking your time, haha. I'm only 31 hours into the game, and I've finished the main storyline along with three guild quests completely along with having 15/20 of the shouts..

20. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    There's 60 words of power and 20 shouts... Is there a chance you have 15 words of power? :p