The Football Playbook - iPhone/iPad Soccer Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheFootballPlaybook, Feb 11, 2013.

1. gramgamer

gramgamer New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Sounds great, I'd be interested to see how this evolves. Keep us posted.

2. TheFootballPlaybook

TheFootballPlaybook Active Member

Just updated the blog ... http://tfpb.tumblr.com

Short(ish) extract below...

1) Pricing model - this is something I have spent a lot of time thinking about. I knew I didn’t want ads in the game as I hate them in the games I play. Its also an aggressive thing, your basically saying “I will hassle you till you pay 69p to disable adverts”!! I have decided to make the first season free. This is so everyone who wants to try before they buy, can. I also decided to have an in-game currency called “coins”. You use this in-game currency to pay for seasons. I have set the pricing tiers for coins so that the more coins you buy the bigger discount per puzzle you are getting. This rewards people who like the game. There are also coin rewards for reading the help pages, liking the Facebook page, following the twitter a/c and watching the video. Again this rewards people who like the game.

2) Time limit - I have added a time limit for two reasons. First each puzzle is meant to simulate a minute in a match so to be able to play the puzzle endlessly does not make sense. Secondly alot of puzzle games have some sort of time-limit to increase the challenge and get the adrenaline pumping.

3) Season achievement badges and progress chart - this has not been implemented yet but I do have the badges made. The progress chart will probably be the number of attempts taken to complete a puzzle converted into points and then those points accumulated over the course of a season.

Example:

1 to 5 attempts = 3 points, 6 to 20 attempts = 1 point, 21+ attempts = 0 points;

So if you completed all puzzles in a season within 5 attempts you would have 48 puzzles * 3 points = 144pts

…I may map this points total to league positions…

144pts = league winner/ 1st, 143-130 = 2nd and so on.

It still needs to be refined but i think it will be really cool to be able to look back over a season and see your progress, the ups, the downs and your final position/points total.

4) Skip a puzzle button - now the reason I want to add this is that I don’t want people to get frustrated when they can’t complete a puzzle. I would like people to progress to the next puzzle and maybe come back to that one later. I also do not want to give the solutions out just yet. I would prefer to release the solutions on-line at a time when everyone has had a chance to attempt all the puzzles. Why would you just want to press a button and get the solution? Where is the challenge in that?

3. TheFootballPlaybook

another screenshot... this is the match info screen. each match has three puzzles ( described as minutes ) and when you solve each you get awarded a star.

[​IMG]

4. TheFootballPlaybook

Another screenshot...
    This shows one of the puzzles in the game. Aim of the game is to get into the opposition box before you can shoot for goal. I added a star to players who are in the box to show they can shoot if the ball is passed to them. People playing the game for the first time could miss this ( important ) point :)

[​IMG]

5. TheFootballPlaybook

Added nicer run paths, arrow heads, future pass links and player icons. AC Milan in this screen shot :)

[​IMG]