"The Haunt" - A Creepy Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by syndessol, Mar 23, 2012.

1. syndessol

syndessol Well-Known Member

#21 syndessol, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    Its been a couple weeks since an update so I thought I would stop by and release a few more preview shots.

As you might have noticed (if you visited previously), we have added some more elements to our HUD. These are different gameplay elements such as a diary, coins and moths.

I estimate we are about 2/3 of the way done. We now have a talented composer based in London working on our score for the game and we have the storyline pretty much fully developed. We still have a few more puzzles to put together and about a dozen scenes to flush out yet...but we are making AMAZING progress. We still appear to be on schedule for a summer release.

Stay tuned. In the meantime...enjoy these new tasty dishes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. syndessol

#22 syndessol, May 29, 2012
    Here are a couple new screenshots for you all to check out. We hope to have a video ready in short order...possibly this week or next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. syndessol

Just posting today to let you all know that there is a new trailer of the game now available. Check it out on the opening post on page 1 of this thread!

4. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    when we can expect this?:D

5. syndessol

Our target is July...but don't hold us to that. :)

I estimate that its about 80% complete. The game is about 95% complete but we still need to do the music score and a hint system (and of course final testing).

Believe me when I say...we will get it out ASAP!!! It's our number 1 priority.

6. syndessol

Hey everyone...

So here is a little update. THE GAME IS DONE!!!

Yes...it is true...we have finished the game. I must admit...it looks AMAZING and we can't wait to get it out to you. The game is now in final testing (looking for any little hidden bugs) and we are finishing up the music score. We still have a hint system to build...but we hope to have things wrapped up early next week.

This keeps us on schedule for a mid-July release. So keep an eye out...its coming SOON!

Thanks for checking in!

7. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Awesome! You guys seem very determined. Will it be $.99, and 12+ or 17+?
    The game seems interesting, looks like a good edition to its genre. I don't see nearly ANY of these games on the PC or IOS anymore. Can't wait!

8. syndessol

Hi Jacob.

Yes we are VERY DETERMINED to get this app out to you ASAP! We think you are just going to LOVE the game. There is a good amount of depth to the game and the music and art is top notch.

We haven't determined a price yet. I can say that we generally price our apps at or below the $2.99 mark. The app will probably have a 12+ rating...but there really isn't any bad or violent stuff in it. It will probably be 12+ due to the spooky theme it has. Our goal was to develop a story for all ages...young and old.

We plan to release on iOS, Android, Kindle and Nook.

9. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm willing to pay 2.99 or lower, and thanks for the quick reply. The art does look realistic and nice, and you guys seem awesome. Don't try to rush, I don't want a buggy game. Release it when you feel like it's ready, even if thats not mid-July. 12+ sounds fine for me, the game does seem a bit creepy in a good way.
    Nice job with the game, and I have one last question: Do you guys plan on updating the game?

Good luck with the sales and all that developer stuff I don't exactly understand, you guys certainly deserve it with all the effort you pur into the game! Great job keeping the thread updated, too. This'll be an instabuy for me, the game is right up my alley! Thanks again!

I'll also be sure to give helpful feedback, impressions, suggestions, and criticisism when I get my hands on the game, even though by the looks of things you guys probably won't need much of it!

10. syndessol

Hey Jacob...

Thanks for the pleasantries you have offered.

We do try hard to make a great value for the purchase price. We think the game will leave you fulfilled. We do not have any updates planned for this game specifically...as the story is pretty much a single play (start to finish) type of story. However...if the game is successful and well received...I would not be surprised if we pursue a sequel to it. We will have to wait and see.

Thanks for the feedback. We hope you enjoy the game.

11. syndessol

#32 syndessol, Jul 2, 2012
    Hey folks,

I am pleased to announce we have finished The Haunt.
    We are pulling together some remaining development stuff and hope to have it submitted to Apple this week. This means that if the review process goes smoothly ... we should have it out to you next week...fingers crossed.

We can't wait for you all to get your hands on it. We are really proud of the end result and we think it will be a pleasure for you all to play. The depth is very respectable and there are LOTS of mini-games and puzzles in it.

I also should mention Chris, our composer (whom we met right here on touchArcade), did a fabulous job with the music.

Thanks for checking in on us.
    Cheers!

A couple new screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes yes yes. Can't wait for the release

13. syndessol

One more update before release!!!!!!!!

We have submitted to Apple this week and are waiting for review. We will let you know as soon the Haunt becomes available with a direct link to its page.

Also...if you haven't noticed, I've updated all of the screenshots throughout this thread with final versions...some not yet seen in public yet...so you might want to look back through the thread and check them out.

Here is one more teaser in the meantime.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for your support and we look forward with you to the release.

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Looks great. Seems to be lots of puzzles, which is a bonus, and also you have to find jigsaw pieces. So excited for the release

15. syndessol

Glad you like pepper...

There is TONS to do in this game. There are lots of mini-games, puzzles and a jigsaw puzzle...not to mention all of the clues, a diary, hidden tools and quest objects and a compelling storyline that stitches it all together.

On a side note, I've played it 30+ times and it still takes me a couple of hours to get through it all and I know all of the answers. There is a LOT of depth to this game. I guarantee you will not finish it in an hour or 2.

The puzzle vary from easy to moderately difficult. Some are really challenging...but easy once you know HOW to solve them. Figuring out HOW...is most of the puzzle in some cases.

I think you are going to like it (especially if you are puzzle fan).

16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I'm sure I will like it. Keep us posted :)

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Any news on the release?

18. mustPushCart

mustPushCart Active Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Wow those are some bright screenshots. Kind of odd for a game called 'haunt'?

19. syndessol

Hi Pepper,

Yes, the app is submitted but still in review. Its been over a week...so the release should be any day now hopefully. Seems to be taking a while.

@mustPushCart.
    Yes, some screenshots are a little bright for nighttime...but its a full moon. There are other spaces that are dark. We just didn't want the whole game to be walking around in the dark. All in all, we tried to vary the scenes in both color and lighting...to keep things exciting.

Thanks for stopping by.