Universal The iDOLM@STER shiny festa harmonic score (By Namco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 22, 2013.

1. #21 Haruhi, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    Why would I buy the PSP games when I can get the 360 versions for less than $30?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-99-49-en-15-The+Idolmaster-43-99.html

Edit: Nvm, forgot 360 is region locked. PS3 version is priced $46 though, still cheaper than the iOS games.

2. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    #22 madebymadison, Apr 22, 2013

I managed to figure out every menu item in Taiko so it *should* be ok.
    Oh. (edit). Enhlish, Japanese, Korean. (There is even a DLC store as well: so the game will be more expensive I guess if you want all the songs. IF this is the 360 port, then it LOOKS like a simple game but there is much more to Idolm@ster than just rhythm. It's a contest to get your band to number one. It's fun.

The French link redirects to Namco's general page here as well so I guess no Dutch release.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#23 killercow, Apr 22, 2013
    If you look at the japanese appstore at the very end of the description it is written that the game is localized in english and japanese so you should be okay :)

Well I was talking about the exact same version which, correct me if i'm wrong, is the psp version. I think the ps3 version adds some band management on top of the rhythm part of the game.

4. ruka

ruka Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Programmer
    Internet
    Again with.. what's with that price?? It's interesting to see the response though, how will the console port price like this stands up in AppStore.

Can see how the fans will buy it.. But, I think lowering the price might make this title gain a lot more new fans. After all, why bother releasing to a new platform if they are only targeting the same audience?

Well on the other hand, if Miku's Project Diva was ported to iOS and sold at this price, I will buy it without a second thought. It's a scary thing :/

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Wat is dis. Someone needs to learn how to civilized.

6. TheHItcherUK

TheHItcherUK Active Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Only joking its my best mate lol.

7. Celstra

Celstra Active Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Everyone complains about IAP now when a game releases for a price point for 50+ you complain. I get there may be IAP in this game since its a music based game but really they could have released it for 4.99 with two songs and nickel and dimed you to death and you still would have complained. What is it you want? You can't have console quality and turn a profit for 99 cents that ludicrous...

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Ah, you know oooooomonkey? Tell him I said he has good taste in games.

1) This isn't what I'd call console quality
    2) I wouldn't pay this much for it on console either
    3) Wanting premium games doesn't mean we instantly need to shoot to $50+

9. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    And there probably is some IAP, given the game description :

Other Packages
    We are currently also selling well-received separate packages for animation, featured idols, and song compilations!

10. Celstra

Celstra Active Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I agree that you shouldn't shoot straight to $50 the point is even games that are ported from Square Enix are priced at $17 and THAT is to much money for some people. I understand they are old games like FF Tactics but that does not mean they should sink into this 1.99 price point everyone seems set on. Although I would never buy a port from them. They seem to release bad buggy ports and never update them.. Most developers see that no one would pay over x amount of dollars for an iOS game so they add IAP. Buying all the IAP on some of these games equal to about 30-35$ and others seem like money sinks..

11. Jim=D

Jim=D Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Studying Teaching
    Australia
  12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Thanks, and yes I can confirm I know thehitcheruk (in the real world) and he seems to think its funny abusing me online :rolleyes:

13. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    When a game charges 55 bucks I expect it to be a complete game on iOS. iApp is fun (Taiko for example is free and keeps the song packs iApp to make it mamagable: buy them all and you will essentially but it at three times the console price, which is what I did. But you do that over time. Releasing a 50 Euro game and including iApp is a pushing it, I;m sorry.

Plus they are releasing THREE apps: only with different bands to play with. Like they did the PSP. Different storylines, but not justifiable for paying it three times. The band storylines, etc could have been iAp as well at this price then. I dont understand a WORD of your post. I think at a price point of over 50 bucks for a game, you can EXPECT people to be upset over iAP because this is premium-freemium mixed now.

14. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist

Everybody needs a hobby! :)

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

There's an old saying:

If you know your enemy, you can kill your enemy. ;)

But do we finally see "reasonable" prices on the App Store?
    That's something that amuses me.

16. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    haaauuummm...

17. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    loooool!!!

18. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I might have picked it up but it seems they cut up the overall group into 3 packages. I just don't feel its worth it to pay $165 for the "full" package. Plus the 3 package installed is probably 10gb.

19. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    Yes. They cut the group in three. That's what they did in a previous port as well to max out their cash income for Idolm@sters fans. IMO that is a bad decision. I will only get one version.

20. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Agree. There's no way they'll make any sales on this game at that price. It's not worth that price even on a console.

FWIW, I *will* spend that much money on an iOS game, but it has to be the right game. For example, I spent $20 on Battle Academy, and then I eventually bought all 4 expansions @ $10 each.

This is the wrong price for a rhythm game, and to add insult to injury, they split the game into 3 games @ $55 USD each! It doesn't have to be $0.99, but $55 USD demonstrates a lack of being in touch with reality.

:cool:

--DotComCTO