Universal The iDOLM@STER shiny festa harmonic score (By Namco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 22, 2013.

1. spastion

spastion New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    What do you mean by that? Graphics? Or that AAA feeling?

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Probably referring to how games used to cost like 4.99 to 9.99 for premium iOS games.

3. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    This. I guess I really would like to know which of the 3 I might want to buy. I have read the descriptions but since I've never played this series before I don't know how they relate to each other or how they're different. Thanks in advance.

4. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    Storymodes differ and tie the games together.

5. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    I would go with rhythmic record if i would pick one. I like the songs in this pack best and the idols too (the twins are there, the nature girl with the hamster and Iori, the super spoilt posh spice kind of girl. Its a good mix.

:)

6. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Alright so

166 games vs 1 complete game for the same price?

Thinking I'm just gonna buy 166 games for the same price, you know? seems sane. Then download some hentai or something and watch that as you fap, I mean tap to the beat.

Joking aside, its just insane. I like higher priced games - it's a healthy market that has them. Not this price though. Doesn't make sense for a cartoon and an accuracy counter for taps.

7. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    In this game's defense, there's no dlc that you have to pay for I think. I'm sure a certain other company would love to charge 54.99 for a game with another 100 bucks of dlc.

8. SimianSquared

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    That's just it, it's DLC using the appstore as the game. Splitting it into 3 episodes of 55 dollars each :D It doesn't matter how you look at it, it's DLC. Those other parts are exactly the same game with different levels.

9. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Is it the same game? Some people say there's a different story and such for each. Same game to me would be same idols and same story in every game just different songs.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Lets see...
    $54.99
    Iphone Game
    $59.99
    Console game
    I just don't see it happening mates. I mean Square Enix charges $14.99 and thats high. This is something in a whole new league price wise.
    Gameplay wise?
    Any imps?

11. SimianSquared

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Are you saying that it's perfectly acceptable for me to develop games en-masse using exactly the same source code providing the content, ie levels and plot are different, and it's okay for a developer to spit out one of these games every month for say, $1.99 ?

Not a trick question, just wondered if people want to digest content like that, that's all.

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Yeah this is kinda fishy.

13. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Well I personally won't buy a tambourine simulator at 54.99 but to answer your question, yes it totally is acceptable to switch some things around and release the same thing again. (According to the general public anyway) It's called call of duty, but that's for another discussion.

14. Cheeseball

Cheeseball Active Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Product Trainer
    United States
    Another thing, if you compare any of the PSP versions to this re-make, you will definitely notice the anti-aliasing and real-time shadows (I'm playing on a iPod Touch 5th gen). It's like they took the models from the original XBOX 360 version of the game.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I literally do want to try this but if I can't really afford buying a console game at the moment it quite simply means I can't afford this. Apple charges tax too so it'll end up being more than just $55.

16. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    That's what I thought. It looks better than the PSP version. It looks like the 360 ones. Even when the Idols are ALL on stage live in 3D. The texture detail, anti-alias and shadowing looks incredible).

17. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Okay, after browsing through this thread, I have a really weird feeling that people are actually RATIONALIZING this ridiculous price?

I mean... seriously?

18. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    LOL My thought too.

19. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    I dont get it, why are iOS gamers expecting condole ports or console quality games to cost so little, but are ok for it to be at full price on the console?. Say, DS gets FF3. Its priced at 40 or whatever a ds game cost. It then gets ported to iOS with impovments. But the iOS version only cost 12? Why to start with does it only cost 12? I've only been in the iOS gaming community for a few years (iphone4 is my first device) but ive seen games on ios for free or 0.99 that has better quality then 60 buck console games. Why cant it be the other way around? Like with xcom, will it be priced at 5? I gave 40 on steam and its supposed the be the exact same game. So why should we only have to give 5 for the ios version?

20. lapin

lapin Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Really? 55bucks for this? This is horrible. The only rhythm game on ios is tetrarhythm