Universal The iDOLM@STER shiny festa harmonic score (By Namco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    It's pretty hard to compare a console game with an IOS game of any kind. The translation is rarely, if ever, 100%. When you buy a console game at the store, it runs around $50 to $70 a game. They even come with instructions. The cost includes various expenses such as materials, packing, shipping and handling, inventory, stocking, etc. The retailer needs to make money selling any goods so you expect to pay more. You don't have most of these additional costs when you purchase a soft copy.
    Take the game Torchlight, for example. A console game costing $20 to download and own with multiplayer options. It was such a hit that the developers created Torchlight 2. When looking at console games, you would be hard pressed to find any at full price when downloading a soft copy, let alone a game that is 1 to 2 years old.

So, while $0.99 for games becomes more unrealistic, premium pricing on an older title, even if only a year old, carried over from another platform is pretty hard for most people to swallow. People complained about Square Enix's ports being expensive at $15 to $25. Imagine titles running close to $55?

2. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    #142 madebymadison, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    Small fact: these games are so huge because, for those like me who were swooning over the quality of the realtime 3d graphics, ALL visuals in the games are in fact prerendered video, with no exception. (FYI that is 40 (20 songs regular and special) videos plus about half an hour of anime).

So, as beautiful as the realtime 3D looks: it's NOT REALTIME.
    (And here I was thinking my iPad could pull this off. Damn!).

No wonder the games are SO large. That is a LOT of video ánd the games are universal.

3. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    Euhm no. That would be the incredibly fierce Taiko No Tatsujin+ actually ;)

4. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I purchased the Melodic Disc and I like it...$55 is a ton of money but polished ios rhythm games are few and far between. I might buy the other two as well as long as Namco will most likely not have the other 2 titles turn freemium. Is there an order that the Idolmaster series follows? In other words, does Melodic Disc come first in the series?

Thanks!

Don

5. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    Some say yes, some say no. (Based on the PSP releases) but the intro OVA sets each episode up for that set of girls to go the island and then the rest show up so it's an inconsistent storyline. Would make more sense to pick one group and show in the other ovas how the others left for the island to go there anyway.

IF you're going to buy the next pack: Harmonic is the weakest of the three. Rythmic Record is the best one IMO. Good characters, (five instead of four because the twins count as one idol) and a funny storyline about secret treasure, and a very well balanced and varied song line up that is really well picked. I love it most out of all three.

6. lavenders2

lavenders2 Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    I think the price point is cheap.

On a quality level, the characters, graphics and sound are more on par with the Xbox360 version than the PSP. I think you guys need to remove your perception of the iOS market. I bet you any money that if this game was on 360, the price wouldn't bother you at all. The price doesn't bother you because it isn't worth it, but because it's an iOS game.

Heck, people seem to be fine with a full price XCOM port on the iPad but people aren't happy with a cheaper port of a similar quality game? Hmm...

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

8. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Wow, I hope you don't suffer from chronic insomnia or your wallet is gonna have a hard time :D
    Thanks a lot for the videos!

9. madebymadison

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    #149 madebymadison, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    Yaaaaaaaay!!! Congrats!
    Idolm@ster fans unite!

I am rank S in RR, rank B in MD and rank A in HS (because I played it less than the others just because I got caught up in the RR one which I really like most).
    I even won Shiny Festa on two games! Fun!! You get A LOT of in-game money for that and you can buy exclusive charms the higher your rank gets: some of which are VERY useful (I won't spoil it).

But these, at 3,5 GB installed per game on my iPad, are STAYING on my iPad.
    I hope the DLC updates and more songs will come. That's be a dream.

But these games: wow. Just wow. :eek::eek::eek::):):)

10. Cinny64

Cinny64 New Member

May 2, 2013
    The Idolm@ster Shiny Festa: Can you use iPhone 4?

I was curious, I had just ordered an iPhone 4 (I know, I'm late to the party...haha.) And I was wanting to purchase The Idolm@ster Shiny Festa games soon after; can they PLAY on the iPhone 4? Or do you need 4s? Thanks!

11. killercow

I'm sorry but if you take a look at the description it says:
    Supported devices
    iPhone 4S/iPhone 5/iPad 2/iPad (3rd and 4th generation)/iPad mini

So nope, the iphone 4 is not supported...

12. Cinny64

Cinny64 New Member

May 2, 2013
    Darn! That sucks. Oh well; at least it gives me something to look forward to in a year once I get an upgrade. Hopefully the price will have gone down by then!

13. Cinny64

Cinny64 New Member

May 2, 2013
    Does that still count even though on the side it says "Requirements" and lists iPhone 4 as one of the required models? :O

14. killercow

Well I would trust more the description but you never know... Though that's one hell of a gamble at that price!

15. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Never trust the "compatible devices" list on the side, it's completely useless.
    $55 for a DDR clone that doesn't look as good as DDR to be honest... I hope this is a joke. Huge fan of music games, at least better than the zombie/endless runner crap that the appstore is completely infested with, but at this price they might get like only 10 sales a day or something. In fact this might be the most expensive non-garbage iOS game ever (excluding those joke/garbage apps that eventually got pulled that charged over $100).

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey quick question to those who've played it, how long is the story mode? I feel like if I were to ever try it, I'd be more into the story than anything else. If it's just songs, like FF theatrythm on ios, I'll get tired of it more quickly if I'm not "gaining" anything (though you do lvl up in FF but that pretty much does nothing). And I've never played this series before... just interested.

17. pentarou

pentarou Active Member

Mar 18, 2012
    All three im@s games are on sale for $26.99 for the next week (about half off) to celebrate the France Japan Expo or something like that. I think I'm gonna bite. :)

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's a pretty decent discount. Just make sure you have the room for it!

19. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Intriguing discount!!

...going to buy the first episode!

20. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Search for "piano tuners" there are 2 that are over 100 bucks; both with tons of positive reviews. IIRC, one of them is AT LEAST 500 bucks, non-universal, has a subscription iap, and great reviews.