The June 2017 RPG Reload Play-Along: Final Fantasy 5

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    One more boss now
    And then the void and I got this guy
    I am strong on holy attacks

2. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #122 Dailon80, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Made it very far
    necrophobe and his barriers holy hell what do I do ha
    Now I have to start back a good distance because no save chances
    Did run out of ether and potions everything left it all on the battlefield oh well I will try another strategy
    After necrophobe you get to save and I have 12 cottages so good to go for x death and I believe I can take him with a team of masters bard, white mage, black mage and samurai
    That's my A squad haha
    With so many jobs you tend to not want to be white or black mage since it seems boring but in the end they pay off
    Time mage and time magic have proved most useful I did master the time mage and def recommend that also used geomancer and Gaia ability a lot especially in caves
    Have fun enjoy the game it's a classic and one of the best
    I'm gonna go try to beat this incredible run of bosses

3. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I'm at the point in the sealed temple I can finally take on Enuo. Full disclosure, he has wrecked me multiple times. The fact he's essentially running Triple Cast is pretty rough. I'm going to pull out all the stops now.

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Who is Enuo is there more game game after you beat the second Exdeath?

5. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    Yes. Like a lot of the iOS Final Fantasy games there's a bonus dungeon. Here it's south of the Phantom Village under the sea. It contains a beefed up Ultima, Shinryuu, and some tough bosses. It also includes Enuo, the guy that started all this by using the void in the first place.

I barely beat Ultima and Shinryuu so their tougher versions are probably too much for me. But beating Enuo is something I want to do before I set the game aside. And I've come close. I've been Quick/Dualcast like mad and come very very close.

6. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    ...and that was Enuo. Whew. That unlocks the Neceomancer job class.

I may take one shot at Ultima Mk II and NeoShinryuu. I have zero interest in the cloister of the dead. This has been pretty awesome.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I have to unlock that class :)
    Thanks

8. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    Last update tonight: I beat Omega Mk II with luck. It took a few try but spellbkade plus rapid shot did it by luck guess of his current and next weakness. Whew.

Feeling cocky I went to take on Neo Shinryuu. I died horribly. So that happened.

9. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I've tried again a few more times, but I just don't see winning this fight any time soon. So I'm going to call it a day here and move on. FFIV here I come!

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I don't blame you
    Save it for a rainy day since it's saved ha :)
    I'm jamming DQVI today a lot

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Of the FF games you have beat which would you say was the hardest?

12. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    That's tough. The bonus dungeons are always a lot tougher than the regular games. If you don't count those, probably the toughest main series game for me was Final Fantasy II. The leveling mechanic is just so frustrating, the game has a few ridiculous difficulty spikes, and the rotating fourth member often is frustrating.

That makes FFII hard because most times if I'm engaged in what's going on I don't notice the difficulty when playing JRPGs.

Bonus dungeons? FFII is again the hardest because you run it with the (usually) underpowered fourth team members. But FFVI was the best. Dragon's Den is challenging with cool puzzle bosses.

13. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    And an addendum to this: When we had the first RPG Reload Play Along of Final Fantasy, I'd decided I'd take that as a challenge to play ALL of the 8 and 16 bit Final Fantasy games. I had them all for my phone but really hadn't set aside time to take them on. Final Fantasy II stopped me cold, which was depressing as it was game number 2 in my challenge.

I ended up deciding to go backwards through the list, and started at VI. The reload this time got me through V, and now I'm starting IV. I know I'll have to go through III, which I haven't played, and II which I dread playing again, but I'm hoping the positive experiences of VI, V, and then IV will give me the push to make it through them all.

14. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    So it looks like Four Job Fiesta runs have started. Is that right?

15. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    The official countdown says 1 day and 5 hours to go. Some might be starting early and stopping at the wind Shrine before they get the first job option.

16. Dr.Traveler

Dec 10, 2008
    I think the general run hasn't started. But the main run is on twitch. The White Mage/Berserker/Dragoon/Beastmaster run was just finished by one of the four runners in under 10 hours. It's looking like the second will finish in 10.5 hours.

17. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Ok. I see that now. Looks like it started at 10am EDT.

18. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    First job gotten: Black Mage!! Time to whip some potions :D

19. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Shaun: I have a question. Looks like some got Mime and I thought that wasn't an option?

20. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    I'm rocking Knight for my first job. I'd previously had a save waiting at the Wind Shrine, so I was able to jump right in and grind up a couple quick job levels while I rocked my daughter back to sleep. Heading on a plane flight today, not sure how far I'll be able to get in the next week or so, but I'll try to keep up!

Attached Files: