iPad THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012 (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kerberospkg, May 2, 2012.

1. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    #561 CaptYadierPR, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
    Seems like you can do just about any combo, i bought it but i havent played much.
    I did go to the training room and some combos are very long.

Try checking some videos online or maybe the experts here can reply to you

EDIT*
    Yes you can save replays

2. unitysounduk

unitysounduk New Member

May 22, 2012
    Great game but online needs to be fixed before its better than street fighter volt

3. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    In my experience the online is better than Volt but ymmv.

4. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    I know one thing. SNKP is making bank with "Nests-Style Kyo" and "Classic Iori" DLC. That's all I see online.

5. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Has anyone actually manage to complete the combos for all characters? i gave up on most because i knew it was gonna take me a big portion of my life! They are just so frustrating...

6. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Once they implement a search by ping it will be fantastic. Right now it loses points because it's a chore to match up with decent connections

7. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah those two are waaaayyyy overused. I've noticed a lot of King players too.

I haven't completed them all. I see them more as a place to start figuring out what works for your characters. Some of those combos arent really feasible especially when you're playing online. So I wouldn't worry about it. Do what works for you and don't worry about getting an extra star.

No game EVER will have a search by ping because it completely cuts out certain players who may not have the best connections. Sounds
    Like a shitty thing to say but it's true.

What's funny is that I've had really smooth matches playing on the crummy 3G by my apartment, yet on wifi connections it lags. I think a lot of it depends on your opponent's proximity to you. Rshkhsee and I have smooth matches on a regular basis and I'm playing on 3G whereas Volt's netcode is so touch and go.

8. Darkness

Darkness Member

Mar 15, 2012
    I did complete all the combos for all characters, the most frustrating combo is the last one for leona, but i did manage to use it once in a real match, the combos really help you to improve your gameplay

9. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    God, Kyo is f*cking busted in this game. >_< He's got a lot of ultra-safe moves, he's fast, he's powerful...How are you supposed to get around all that? X-P

10. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I think grapplers (daimon/Clark) are complete crap. Turtle then command grab with ridiculous reach. Makes me wish I was a run away spammer.

There should be no safe ultras on block. Most recover quick. :rolleyes:

Trying out Chin but man, I can't figure out a safe combo starter. Foward K gets countered by everything. Standing K works but it's limited.

I think this game was developed in a corner. 90% of combos require a damn corner!

11. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    Ah, nothing better than getting a 20% battery notification, in a heated match, and it looks like I RQ. Nice. :( Sent an explanation tho.

This game is relentless.

12. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    #572 HarlequinRogue, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    It's not even like the command grabs do good damage. The only bonus is that you can combo into them.

Also, I only just found out (/realised) that holding down forward with autoblock on still lets you block, unlike Volt.

13. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Oh what! Nice find. Makes it even tougher to open people up...

14. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    Does not compute. *Throws iPod across the room*

15. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    There's a way around command grabs, but I don't know what it is yet as I haven't gotten that far in the KoF wiki yet. xD Daimon is pretty top tier though I think. His grabs and that ground pound move can really stack up damage pretty quick.

There don't seem to be many situations for Kyo that are bad, he's just a really good all around character and EVERYONE uses him. Argh!

I agree with you about the corner thing, but it's so easy to get someone cornered in this game. A lot of the special moves push the opponent towards the corner and it feels like the stages are pretty small especially considering how mobile everyone is. That may just be my imagination though.

16. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I got lit up today though. Didn't win a single match. I finally got to play Vices today and after playing against a bunch of Kyo players, his Kyo corner combos were just the last straw. :p Love this game but damn is it tough.

17. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't be the only one that finds it sad when your opponent keeps going to the character select screen after you win a match. Sometimes, I guess they want to try another team, which is fine. Sometimes though, people just replace one member and keep.. going.. back to THE FREAKIN' CHAR SELECT. WOULD YOU JUST HIT REMATCH?!

18. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Is cancelling a neutral sp into a special move any useful? Sure, it doesn't juggle but it pretty much gives Kara cancelling to everyone (but some have better neutral sp moves than others)

19. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I can see why people do it. Changing up one character can change the whole synergy of a team, especially as far as meter management is concerned. My team is pretty solid with or without meter, but if you've got a character like Leona or Vice on your team plus another character that needs a lot of meter to be at their best, then it can really but the brakes on your ability to win.

The thing that gets me though is when I'm trying to match up against someone and I keep getting the same person who either kicked the crap out of me before or has a shitty connection. I really hope they put the game on sale soon, cuz we need some fresh blood online.

Hmmm, I'll have to try that out. I wasn't aware you could cancel the SP attack, but I guess I never tried to do it. I imagine roll canceling would do the same thing, giving you more range to your attacks.

20. TenOnez

Dec 10, 2011
    This is Street Fighter X Tekken auto defense gem bad. I had to quote this again. I hope whoever thought that was a good idea for this game got demoted to custodian for the women's restroom, like right after development. And I hope they served something that caused stomach aches that day.

I hate Daimon. He literally has little to no weaknesses. Good grabs, good anti-airs, good everything.