Universal The Light Inside Us (by Dastan Games LLP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 3, 2016.

1. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Freelance software developer
    The Light Inside Us has an update and a price drop!

Wow, thanks for noticing! :)

This is the first update and price-drop for The Light Inside Us. The game is now just available for just $0.99. However the price drop will only be effective for a week. So grab it fast if you haven't already!

For a sneak peek of the game, check out our latest preview video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eUfZv-8l9I

The new update mainly contains

1. A complete overhaul of the visuals, which are now crisper and much better!
    2. A new scoring mechanism with Game Center integration
    3. Level progression is non-linear, if you're stuck in a level, you can play others in the same chapter to get through
    4. Easy in-game gameplay recording and sharing

As always if you have any feedback, we're all ears! :)

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    What I was originally hoping for was some kind of action game mode, as the game is now its a puzzle game, each stage is about figuring out how to use your ammo efficiently, when to shoot, where to shoot. Now I'm not discrediting this game, it's deff something unique. But I would love love love a action oriented game mode, maybe randomly generated enemie patterns attack and you have to try and survive with maybe random ammunition drops or something. I think this game could reallllyyyy shine with that. This could just be me though, either way the new character design and such is a very nice touch =]

3. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Yes that's a very valid point. In fact the new scoring system incentivises getting that perfect set of attacks to complete the level making it even more 'puzzley'. The endless mode will have randomly timed waves of enemy attacks and different regions and terrain elements that'll periodically appear inside the same map. Unfortunately that's gotten pushed back a little because of the whole visual overhaul, but its definitely on the cards. Hopefully in another update soon. I'm also itching to add more levels that can be unlocked.

4. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    That endless mode WOuLd be pretty epic, either way good job guys

5. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #25 abstractgamefreak, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Does not work on iPad 2 with german text!

I am already stuck in the tutorial (which you can't skip). Text is incomplete and gets cut off at the borders and crucial spots are covered with words so you cannot tap the right spot and continue. (Note that you don't know at that point, how to scroll.) In the pause screen, you have the same choice twice (resume or resume - fortfahren or fortfahren) and in the load screen you cannot go back (no "zurück"- button there) to the main screen, so you have to quit and restart the app. After three years of playtesting iOS games, I am really annoyed when such things slip through you can easily discover after three minutes of playing. Pity... A simple language selection screen on startup might help in the meantime, as setting my iPad to "english" works of course. (Why after all must every game nowadays have twenty languages to choose from? Most ten year olds understand simple english! There are so many poor translations...) And btw why would the game send me back to the level selection screen when I tap "wiederholen" (repeat) when I am not satisfied with the outcome instead of simply repeating the last played level? Anyway, I requested a refund- too many games, too little time.

6. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Hi there,

Extremely sorry about the bad experience you had. That was a terrible bug that slipped through our testing! It completely messed up all the german translations and it took us a while to actually notice.

We've added a fix for the issues you mentioned along with problems other language users are also facing and are releasing it in a couple of hours. Hopefully the experience now will be somewhat better.

7. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Endless action mode ?! Time to redownload and try this out

8. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Yes! We plan to add more variations to this in the future as well!

For those of you who have not checked it out yet here are a few promo codes to get it for free :)

E66EEE96YLLE
    9PTWA4L34HM7
    JK4FKWF47PJM
    HH3JNW3AJ4X6
    436KMY6PAXFN

Do consider leaving us a review if you enjoy the game :)

9. Gerg

Gerg Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Belgium
    Thanks! I used the last code in the list.

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Awesome! Thanks a lot!
    Took HH3JNW3AJ4X6