Universal The Long Siege (By Anomaly Studios Pte Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 22, 2015.

1. #21 AppUnwrapper, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Hmm not a fan of real-time, especially combined with the slide mechanic. It doesn't seem particularly annoying here, but I would think it gets much more hectic on higher levels. The real-time levels in Hero Emblems have pretty much stopped me dead in ever playing that game again. I've run through the tower a number of times and it's far too much stress for just a game.

3. Honestly, I hated the timed levels in HE at first, but after like 20 hours with it, the original feels kind of slow. I would kill for an endless mode of both versions (I will likely mention this every once in a while until it happens). I got so used to the faster HE, that Long Siege actually felt kind of slow at first.

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    :shrug: It's definitely a subjective issue, but for me real-time and puzzle game don't mix well in most scenarios. It's like if The Mesh had been all Bomb levels. I would have played it once and then never again. Anyway, waiting for the US release and will check it out then.

5. Yeah I hear you. For me, I'm sometimes in the mood for something faster.

6. thelongsiege

thelongsiege Active Member
    Patreon Gold

May 29, 2015
    HELLO HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Thanks for being here with us! EXCITING TIMES!

We're here so if anyone has any questions for the team or about the game just shoot it our way :)

(P.S. Thanks Boardumb for updating our post!)

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #27 Zeillusion, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Insta-bought.

Game looks beautiful.

For some reason it's not loading up when I go to buy if on App Store.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Not to be played mildly inebrieated. I have absolutely no idea of what is going on. @sapphire- you are too biased, much as i generally respect your opinions. Approach this with an open mind please, i will respect your opinion more, i know you think the game is over hyped - give it a chance please.

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I am adequately hyped for the game. maybe look at the upcoming games thread where I've said so twice. You are confusing personal preference with bias. I'm not telling other people the game is bad because I don't enjoy one particular style of game. I had a very average time with YMBAB and that featured the same style of matching. I'm still very interested in the game, but at the same time I will always enjoy turn based matching far more than realtime matching.

10. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    didn't Apple mandate that all apps needed to be 64bit at the beginning of the year? would that be the reason?

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Nice game, but the frantic matching pace takes away from the enjoyment for me.

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Does a match-3 game really require an A7? I'm always perplexed by games that are not optimized to be as downward comparable as possible. Especially since new releases have such a limited amount of time to get noticed and generate sales before they're last weeks news.

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The game does not require A7, but the devs recommend it for getting the best experience.

At this point I'm going to apologize for derailing the thread and invite the mods to take whatever action is necessary for cleaning up the thread.

14. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    Recommendations are just advisory specs. It's probably what the devs could get their hands on to test against. I have installed and ran this on my original iPad retina, so you certainly don't need the latest specs to run this.

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Facing no real performance issues on my iPad 4 so far, loving the presentation.

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Not really any chat about that actual game here yet...anyone played much?

Devs if your still around I was wondering if it has iCloud saving or anything so I can play the same save on my ipad and iPhone?

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    No iCloud support as of yet, maybe it's on their roadmap for future updates.

18. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    This looks like a "Tiny Thief-YMBAB-Mashup".
    I think i will give it a try.

19. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    So can someone please tell me how this would run on an iPod touch 5? It has an A5 processor and its iOS 8 :/
    Want to play this game pretty bad.

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks, how the speed of matching panning out? It's my only worry at the minute holding me back since I don't generally play match 3 unless they have a lot of rpg elements and generally prefer to go at my own pace. But is it super fast or you have like 5-10 seconds to be making matches?

I guess it could have been turn based but I understand why it is as it is from watching videos