The Marble Shooter Poll

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cranker, Aug 19, 2009.

?

Which do you like better? (multiple choice)

1. Atlantis Sky Patrol

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Blackbeard's Assault

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Bonsai Blast

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Luxor

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  5. Stoneloops! of Jurassica

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    What about Bonsai Blast?

2. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    What about Tumblebugs? Certainly the best looking marble popper and out very soon!

35 million PC gamers can't be wrong!
    P

3. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

+1, agree

4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    As much as I like Plus+, Stoneloops is the best of these games. More polish, better controls, better graphics, and a killer price.

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah this is kind of my stance on it. If I had to say anything more about the other 2 though, Atlantis looks a little better than Luxor just cause of that cool puzzle popper aspect of it. That is kind of a cool idea, but all I need is stoneloops. The game is nice looking, and just about all I need for that genre of gaming. It't not my favourite, but a fine time killer here and there. It does the job, and does it well.

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Why don't you guys vote for your favourites here?

7. iiCaptain

iiCaptain New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Producer
    Seattle
    Atlantis Sky Patrol

Atlantis wins for me too. Not only does it have more gameplay, more levels, better graphics... it also has by far the best audio. The soundtrack adapts as you play which really clues you in to a 'high tension' level end. I'm also tickled by the power up sound effects - especially the vocoder stuff. Def one to play with headphones on.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    For me it's Stoneloops > Luxor > Atlantis

9. GadgetGuru72

GadgetGuru72 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    I posted this over in the "Luxor is out" thread, but perhaps it is more appropriate over here ....

I had no history with Luxor, Zuma or any other the marble shooter games prior to getting the iPhone and Stoneloops. So, I don't have any nostalgic connection with Luxor. I bought it only because I loved Stoneloops, and wanted a similar game to play.

However, I am finding it waaaaaaay too easy and not enough of a challenge to be even remotely fun. The graphics are nice and the gameplay is smooth, but I am absolutely barreling through this game and have not lost a "life" on a single level yet.

Perhaps this is just because I've played Stoneloops a ton of times and I've developed a skill for this style game. However, I seem to remember Stoneloops really ramping up in the difficulty pretty early on in the game.

For example, the lines of marbles appear to STILL be coming out one at a time in Stage 3 of Luxor. So, until you've destroyed the marbles in the first line, no second line appears. I'm pretty sure that in Stoneloops multiple lines of marbles starting appearing early on in the game.

Now I'm thinking I should have just stuck with Stoneloops and not wasted $3 on Luxor. Unless it gets more difficult soon, I don't see myself playing this game to completion.

Anybody else in the same boat? Does the game ever get more challenging?

10. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I've played all three - I prefer Atlantis Sky Patrol above the others (I just like the graphics in Atlantis better than the graphics in the other two)

11. PlayCreek

PlayCreek Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    That's right ! I think people should compare Atlantis, Luxor and Tumblebugs.

StoneLoops! of Jurassica is out of competition.

First of all, it sold as many copies on iPhone as all 3 other games might try hard to sell together.

Next thing is that StoneLoops was released 3 months ago (very long ago for iPhone market), so it just doesn't look THAT fresh after 60 days in top-10, although it easily competes any of these titles graphics-wise, sound-wise, technically and otherwise.

We also don't like marketing numbers like 70 million gamers on PC for Luxor, or 35 millions for Tumblebugs...
    I hope everyone understands that this includes Trial/Lite/Free version downloads, where paid versions are usually around 10% for very very good games. Otherwise if we announce StoneLoops! downloads on iPhone only (Paid + Lite version) that will be quite comparable numbers, considering platform installed base.

P.S. .... StoneLoops2 .. is ... out ...... ... 2009 ... hopefully.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You heard it here first folks!

...unless you already heard it somewhere else.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have to say I'm very impressed with Atlantis - I like the idea of the power ups. I did buy Luxor - I have played it way too many times on PC not to get it, but I don't mind saying that Atlantis is very impressive. Never tried Tumblebug but I'll keep an eye out for it.

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    While I didn't purchase Luxor, my friend did and I played it at lunch. Stoneloops! completely obliterates it in terms of difficulty. Early on I felt that Stoneloops almost got too hard early on, but just forced me to speed up and change up strategy (I am also colour blind to red's and green's, so that kind of sucks too). I got an appriciation for the difficulty of the game, and began feeling it was more normal than anything.

Untill I played Luxor for the iPhone, and dear god. It was really... just slow paced... and easy lol. I dunno. Stoneloops spoiled me I guess. I think Stoneloops > Luxor but yeah... that's just me too. Luxor looks great, sounds great, feels great, but so does Stoneloops. lol

Sweet, looking foward to it. Any ideas as to what will be a little different this time around? I am not a huge fan of the bubblepoppers, but Stoneloops is sick.

15. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Luxor VS Stoneloops

Should I get Luxor or Stoneloops? While Luxor has Plus stoneloops has a lite version which I tried. Help?

16. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I like Stoneloops better, even though Luxor has more levels. Plus+ doesn't really do anything in Luxor, just a few achievements and one leaderboard. If you want the novelty of getting closer to having all of the Plus+ apps (which I do), get Luxor. Stoneloops is smoother, and more fun for me. It's your choice.

17. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    At 99 cents, Luxor.
    You should also make a poll.

18. Nico75

Nico75 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I have both and have to say that stoneloops has better gameplay but Luxor has mire levels and plus+ so it's a choice between quantity or quality.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I did not take the time to search - but there are least 2 other threads that have discussed this...

You should also consider Atlantis Sky Patrol, and Blackbeards Assault as similar types of these games - also having some benefits, and detractions..

20. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Stoneloops. Much better in design and music, and graphics.

Plus Luxor's controls were idiotic.