The Most Effective Marketing Technique on Twitter!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by INNOVATTY, Jan 22, 2011.

1. INNOVATTY

INNOVATTY Well-Known Member

NEW FEATURES:

Now you should be able to see the statistics of the last 3 days for all members.
    That way you can tell who is active and who is not. Tweets by in-active members won't be shown to other members.

IDRTG Members

Threre is a new feedback section.

IDRTG Contact Form

If you guys have a question, comment or suggestion, please let us know about it :)

2. INNOVATTY

NEW FEATURE:

Now members can disabled tweets that they don't want to be retweeted. This gives members the freedom to decide which tweets need to get retweeted at any time.

IDRTG Website

3. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Hey there, quick question, why was that done ?

4. INNOVATTY

Thank for your question. Please keep the questions coming ;)

As we continue to add more features to the IDRTG site it becomes important to control where retweets are made from.

For example, yesterday we added a new feature that allows members to enable/disable tweets. A member can disable a tweet if it's out of date (End of a promotion), if it has a typo and etc ... As you know every time a member get retweeted, that cost points. We can hide tweets from the IDRTG website to prevent retweets, but other members can still retweet the same tweet from other clients. That way the member continues to lose points for unwanted retweets. For this reason, we limited point calculation to retweets made from the IDRTG website.

That's just one feature. There will be more features in the future that will require the same strategy.

Finally, looking at the number of retweets made by members, over 70% of the retweets are made from the IDRTG website.

5. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    #105 Acumen, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    Thanks for clearing it up :)
    Makes sense !

6. INNOVATTY

Welcome to the group. Thanks for joining ;)

7. tareqali

tareqali Member

Jul 13, 2011
    how to join the group ??

8. Aztlan.Games

Aztlan.Games Well-Known Member

This is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen!

9. I gotta chime in on this too. Great idea and it really works. Innovatty is very active and always answers questions promptly. He even sent me a message asking why I wasn't taking advantage of retweets because he noticed I didn't request any yet, and offered any assistance. I get new followers daily now. The only thing I can attribute this to is the IDRTG here. Great job my friend, and all indies out there, there is no reason why you shouldn't be joining immediately.

10. INNOVATTY

Thanks for your comments, guys :)

IDRTG wouldn't be successful without active members like you.

Keep up the good work ;)

11. Hollyweird Zombies

Hollyweird Zombies Active Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Transmissions Engineer
    Hollywood, CA
    Great Idea

I joined a while back and it works.

12. INNOVATTY

13. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I read this thread and you guys convinced me its a great program. Once I set things up , you guys can count me in.

14. milkmangames

milkmangames Well-Known Member

I've been mulling this for awhile and it sounds great. I'm really pretty new to the twitter scene, and the majority of my followers are developers who liked blog articles I've written about development- the rest clicked through from games I've published.

I'm not sure if it's a non-issue on twitter, but doesn't this make the majority of your tweets into random game announcements? Does that have any effect on your following if that's not what they're interested in from you?

15. INNOVATTY

That's a very good question.

In principle, you should retweet only what you think your followers might be interested in.

If people are following you because they're interested in your iPhone development articles or iPhone games, there is a very high chance they are interested in learning about other iPhone development articles or iPhone games. You have to choose what you think is appropriate to share with your followers. You don't have to share everything. The most important thing is to be consistent.

For consistency reasons, only app developers and reviewers are allowed to join the group. We get intruders once in a while, but we suspend their accounts.

BTW, you now have enough followers (>50) to join the IDRTG group.

We look forward to have you as a member ;)

16. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I just joined up. Looking forward to tweeting all about games. Probably going to start following all of you too.

17. BlueDiamondGaming

BlueDiamondGaming Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    iPhone Game Developer
    Canandaigua, NY
    We joined a while back and it's been great to just get the word out about our new game. It's also been wonderful helping us meet a few other indie developers, though we'd love to meet some more!

18. INNOVATTY

It's great to have you as members ;)

19. sonicfire1980

sonicfire1980 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    working on my apps ;)
    berlin
    I also joined :) So far it helped a lot! Excellent project! Thanks!

20. INNOVATTY

Thanks for the feedback.

As long as you are active, it will always work for your ;)