iPad The Necronomicon Horror : Card Game - by Lucidsphere Media

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    How do I know when I've acquired an achievement that's unlocked a new card? There's no achievement screen and no screen listing the cards in my deck. I just scored about 124K on my last game, but there was no info on the certificate about achievements or cards (other than the title I earned).

2. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I think the game needs a way to view all the cards in a deck. A card gallery, if you will. I know there is ArkhamPI, but it shows every card in the game and not your personal deck.

3. Hey thanks, good to hear from you! I hope it meets your expectations, and please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas for improvements.

@Everyone: I've heard a lot of feedback about the scoring system and unlocking cards, etc.

The way it works now is when you reach a certain threshold - say you end a game with a high score between 25,000 and 40,000 - then the game awards you an achievement, and unlocks a corresponding card, adding it to your deck.

In hindsight, I also agree if you win a game you ought to get a bigger bonus -- so that's something we'll look at before the next update.

@artfoundry:At present any bonus card you unlock via high score will be added to the deck, you'll see the deck count increase after it happens. But as yet, there's no in game icons or badges to track which cards you've unlocked. That's something I'd also like to put in an update. We used to have that in the old version before we rebuilt the entire game from the ground up, but we haven't implemented it in the new one yet.

When you unlock a card with a high score, you should be presented with the Miskatonic University certificate, asking you to enter your name for the high score screen. Below that on the certificate is the name of the achievement, and the name of the card you won (along with a miniature portrait of it).

4. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ahhh, ok - I was wondering what those images were. I thought the card name was just a title you were given based on your performance/score, and figured the image was a representation of the title (or something).

And yeah, I agree with Espekayen - game needs a deck viewer.

5. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Dustin, your last post is the kind of thing that should be in the instructions/tutorial. I love the game but there is a ton of info that is missing from the tutorial; I hope you're making a note of all the questions that people are asking in this thread with a view to adding the answers to the tutorial in a future update. A game like this really needs extensive instructions. Keep up the good work; Necronomicon is a classic in the making!

6. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ok, I read the certificate again, and now I feel like an idiot - the last sentence spells it out pretty clearly that you get that card. I don't think I read that before (I fully admit that sometimes when there's a wall of text, I sometimes just skim over it). Actually, the text on that screen could be laid out a bit better using some standard design principles to make it easier to read. Too many different font sizes, colors, etc.

7. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    #707 Artfoundry, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    I've found a bug - if you turn over a card from the deck but don't play it yet, and then play a card from the expansion that creates a new card, that new card gets put on top of the card you flipped over, and now you can't play either. Tapping on the two cards just zooms in on whichever one is on top. So game can no longer progress. I have a screenshot, though I don't know that it'll help since you can only see the card on top, not the one beneath it.

[edit] Hmm, and apparently the game crashed. I just started up the game, it started at the menu (instead of in-game), and when I hit Continue, it started a new game.

8. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    #708 Artfoundry, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    Found another bug with the expansion cards. I put one of the tomes on a Professor, and it created the new card (Summon Nightgaunt). However, when I flipped over the next card, it was a duplicate of one of my investigators (Mesmerist) that was already in play, even including its buffs! What's strange though, is when I exited the game and resumed later, the duplicate was gone - in its place was the Swap card. I have a screenshot of the duplicate if needed.

Speaking of the new cards, it would be nice if there was more info about the tome cards - they don't say who you're supposed to use them with, and when you drag them around, the target cards don't light up (I found that one tome worked on the professor simply by trial and error). In fact, the other new cards don't cause their targets to light up either.

[Edit] Eh, ok, the Mesmerist just popped up again, and with his stats adjusted again to match the one already in play. Then I quit the game completely (closed it in the app list). When I continued the game, it resumed back where I resumed it earlier today. And now I'm starting to think that's what happened earlier today as well - it probably resumed at a different point from where I left off the other day. It would seem the save game is corrupt now.

9. vklymenko

vklymenko Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
  10. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Any updates (bug fixes, new features) coming in the near future?

11. vklymenko

vklymenko Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    yes, fixes and deck-builder will come soon ;)

12. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Awesome. Didn't you guys say you were working on another related game? How's that coming along? And how about the board game element? Will that make it back in any time soon?

13. moonwad

moonwad New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Removed from App Store?