iPad The Necronomicon Horror : Card Game - by Lucidsphere Media

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Alright alright :). But before I buy, I have a couple questions: How is the learning curve and is there an in-depth interactive tutorial?

2. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I got confused first time around but I had only read online tutorial. Re-read tutorial again and game is enjoyable. I wish a ninja get thrown into the art somehow I know it doesn't fit but I alway like ninjas on card games :b

Learning curve.: avg on oar with orion's I think but not as hard as neuroshima hex

3. vklymenko

vklymenko Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
  4. Thanks for all your support!

I want to thank everyone for a great launch of Necronomicon, and all the feedback we've received so far! We're working hard to fix the cards getting stuck on screen bug and iphone 3G crashes some are experiencing, and we'll get an update out asap. And I'm really excited in reading all the ideas you're giving me to make this a better game in terms of new features and improving the game play, I have some designs of my own in mind and I'll share them with you all soon. I don't mean to beg (well, maybe just a little..), but if you really like this game and think it has a lot of potential for expansion, please leave some of your feedback and support in the iTunes review to help us gain some traction and stay afloat, and I'll do everything I can to keep the game alive, updated, and add the features you want. Thanks!!!

5. We are hoping to do an iPad version if the game is popular enough and I can support it, but right now we'll be concentrating full-force on the ipod and iphone version, making it the best we can. Sorry I can't answer your question with anymore certainty at the moment but at best, an iPad version would be a couple months off from now. Thanks.

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I was pretty deep into a game and it crashed to the home screen. I rebooted after downloading and I am playing this on the iPad.

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Humm, was looking forward to this, but it sounds buggy right now. I'm hoping a patch is released soon as I hate to buy games that won't play properly due to the bugs...

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Mmmm I guess I might just take this one and skip the future iPad one the.

Thanks.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #90 New England Gamer, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
    So when I move to the left screen from the cards board I have a screen with footprints and boxes and the ability to roll. Then there is something going on with a screen behind it with like worms crawling or something and if I can touch a worm the credits roll but I can't do anything with the board with the blank spaces - it's not the main card board but one to the left - sorry I don't have more specific adjectives and places for you but I am just learning the game and learning where to go etc.

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I joined the club, I will play it as soon as I am done with few beta testing tonight :D

11. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    Awesome, I'll be waiting for this, thanks

12. BagOfMice

BagOfMice New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I like this game, though the final battle is a bit anti-climatic.

I noticed a few issues (4G, 4.1):
    1. When examining the back side of a card already placed on the board (say, Mad Monk, for example; it was reproducible with other cards), I am still able to tap on a card that is in the library or cemetary. This opens the library/cemetary card on top of the Mad Monk. I am able to close the library/cemetary card, but the reverse of the Mad Monk persists on screen even after you exit to main menu.

2. In the duel view, sometimes the icons representing the participants are mismatched with both the hero and monster having the same icon. Sometimes both icons were of the monster and sometimes of the hero. This happened multiple times.

3. After continuing a game, all cards in the cemetary became multiple instances of the same card. I've only seen this happen once so far.

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I think there may be a valid point here. DLC for the iPhone version would not normally translate to DLC for the iPad version - if they are separate apps.

This is no big deal if you login with a server (say Pocket Legends) but you stick with just the Apple DLC format, DLC for one app doesn't translate to DLC for another app unless the developer works around it.

Example may be how The Quest's expansions allow you to enable themselves in the main app (then you can delete the expansion app) or Isotope allowing you to transfer credits from the lite version to the full, or the "surprise for owners of both versions" promised for Sword of Fargoal and SoF Legends...

Although in my case, I don't have an iPad so I'll be purchasing the iPhone version. ;)

14. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I'm going to a coinstar later where I will deposit approximately 160 pennies for a itunes cred just for this, but I stand strong on the need for universal versions as opposed to separate. Besides, won't that combine sales numbers and therefore chart higher?

15. mbourgon

mbourgon Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Runs and fails to desktop after "loading"

iPhone 3G, running 4.1 (8B117), non-jailbroken. Launch app, it says "...LOADING NECRONOMICON..." then crashes to desktop after about 20 seconds.

I bought it, had to reboot since the iPhone didn't actually load it, once installed I ran it and had it crash, so rebooted and am still having it crash.

Any help really appreciated.

16. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #97 ojtitus, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    So I just completed my first full game in one sitting and I still haven't had the game crash on me yet. I would like to see more cards added and the ability to individually pick out cards for your deck. I'd really like to see more focus on the card game part of the game.

17. This issue has come up a couple of times so far and seems to be isolated to iphone 3G, our programmer is currently testing and troubleshooting it and we'll have a fix for that as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience. I'll keep you updated as we learn more.

18. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Game Impressions

So far I like the game for the most part.

I like dungeon solitaire and I think this adds something to that game play. I certainly think it expands on what dungeon solitaire does for the first phase of the game. I have only played through 2 full games so far though.

I am not sure I get the point of phase 2 and 3 though. I guess you are supposed to only have a limited number of rolls in the 2nd phase, but I seem to have unlimited. This makes the 2nd phase not a challenge at all. And are there points involved? Because if you are playing for a high score, how does the 2nd and 3rd phase come into the scoring? Why do I care if the score is set after the 1st phase?

Also, I have completed and won twice now, and there are no scores on my high-score list. This makes me a sad panda.

Also, (I like also), I keep trying to turn the sound off, and it keeps not staying off (not to mention, move that sound lever to the bottom and try to hit the back button behind it).

Overall I like it, though I am concerned with how easy I was able to move through the first phase twice, that it might not be challenging enough. But time will tell.

19. Thanks for your input! I'm thinking of soliciting ideas for cards which we could use for our first DLC expansion, and later on we'll be asking players what kinds of characters, monsters, settings they'd like to see our artists do next with HPL's Mythos which would fit in with the theme of the game. So I hope you'll be thinking about what kinds of new cards you'd like to see and give us from ideas in the near future!