The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Owl sounds and cricket noises on that Final Fantasy Tactics Reload, haha.

Oh well, next one is up, featuring the requested Adventure Bar Story! I dug deep on its history, turns out there was more than I'd expected.

2. Sildani

Sildani Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    High school social studies teacher
    NOVA
    My apologies for that, I lost track of time. Thanks very much for writing it, I learned quite a bit about its creators. And it still plays quite well on my 6+ running iOS 8.1.3.

It's still one of the deepest games you can play on iOS. The greatest pity is that the multi-player was cut completely, so there are items you simply can't get. That also doesn't help the Onion Knight, as I believe her best equipment is only available as prizes in those fights. If SE could do something about that - perhaps have the multi-player fights run with game AI - that'd be very nice.

3. Palaemonoidea

Palaemonoidea Member

Feb 6, 2015
  4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I had thought it was on PSP first, but it was interesting to learn it was ported from phones to PSP and 3DS! Thanks again.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'd forgotten about Adventure Bar Story, I really enjoyed it. I think I might re-download it and give it a second play though, thanks for the reminder!

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    +1 for the RPGReload podcast. I've been looking for a podcast that generally speaks about iOS RPGs. I'll be listening to it on my weekly commute home

7. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Awesome! The first episode has some weird mixing at the moment, sorry about that. I'll replace the file asap with one that doesn't have each of us talking into one ear.

The sad news is that this is a monthly podcast, so we'll only be able to entertain you on one commute home per month!

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Not sure if you have the capability, but it would be awesome to see these podcasts compressed a little bit so they're closer to 30-40 mb in size. But if it's not possible, don't worry about it! Can't wait to listen to it later today.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    New article's up! As someone guessed last week, it's Dragon Fantasy Book 1!

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I couldn't finish the podcast yet today, and a new Reload is up already! I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store tomorrow. ;) Thanks Shaun! Btw, loved the intro part of the podcast. Great hearing others talk about all of these games I've been passionate about for so long.

11. princia

princia Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    student
    Belfort, France
    Ohh man I'm so happy that this thread exist because I could add more rpg to my collection. Please men if you have some good rpg wth great story you can PM me. And I would want to nominate: Crimson Gem Saga because its a JRPG with great story and with a great lifetime game. But Maybe Inotia 2 the wanderer of Luone is good to nominate.

12. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I'd love to cover both of those, but Inotia 2 is no longer available on the App Store, and Crimson Gem Saga hasn't worked since iOS 4, so I'm afraid I can't. Thanks for your comment, though!

13. princia

Sep 4, 2010
    student
    Belfort, France
    This is crazy some devs know that their games are good why they don't update them ??!! This is crazy.

Shaun try using your purchase tips for installing Inotia 2. ( if you bought it it will be in your account, and you could install it)

14. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Princia - I actually never bought Inotia 2, but even if I had, we have a sort-of rule with the Reload that it has to be something still available. Otherwise it's kind of a tease, you know?

Anyway, the new Reload is up, covering Vay! It was... an experience.

15. princia

Sep 4, 2010
    student
    Belfort, France
    I understand. I will nominate only available games. :)

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Vay!!

Damn this brings back some memories. This was the first RPG I played on my iphone back in 2008-2009. Damn looking back that's so long ago and to see the progression of graphics and gameplay that has been thrown at us in the last 6-7 years.

I love your RPG Reloads Shaun. These are a must read for me every week.

THANK YOU

17. Polymorphicspector

Sep 25, 2014
    What do you mean hasn't worked since iOS 4? I'm running iOS 5.1.1 and its working for me. I have the first gen iPod and iPad touch and both can run crimson gem saga. My iPod touch 5 gen can't though.

18. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It doesn't crash frequently at the end of battles for you? Hmm, I might have to try it again on one of my older devices.

19. Polymorphicspector

Sep 25, 2014
    Ok yeah it does, but I want to play it so bad, bought it when it first came out but couldn't beat. Now I want to try again despite it crashing. Wish it could be fixed, but that's not happening.

20. Merlin

Merlin Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Try a new game with classic touches

I'd love to see you take on Echo Dawn. A classic style RPG that goes pretty deep. The class abilities are original and make for some very interesting possible playstyles. (4 Bards or 4 Mystics anyone?)
    Amazing rpg reload choices so far btw!!